PDA

View Full Version : UEFA stadium regulations

Roo69
12/07/2004, 9:04 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2004/0712/corkcity.html

Cork City's UEFA Intertoto Cup quarter-final, first leg tie with FC Nantes Atlantique has been provisionally set for this Sunday, July 18, at the Stade Beaujoire with a kick off time of 6.00pm (Irish time). The Rebels will fly to Nantes from Cork on Thursday morning. The second leg will take place at Turner's Cross the following weekend but the date and time is yet to be finalised.

It is believed that, due to UEFA stadium regulations, the shed end at Turner's Cross will be closed for the home leg. This will drastically cut down on the 7,500 crowd that attended the home leg against NEC yesterday.

paudie
12/07/2004, 10:06 AM
That'll probably reduce it by 2,000.

I hope the club don't do the dog and jack up the prices for the home leg.

€20 would be fair enough.

Roo69
12/07/2004, 10:18 AM
The club are confident that the Shed will be allowed open for the game! ;)

Good news for Cork is thats the case

thecorner
12/07/2004, 10:19 AM
i have e-mailed the club to try to get tickets for the home leg brought over to france(more people should follow suit)

it would be a disgrace if regular goers were left ticketless so that barstoolers can go

pete
13/07/2004, 9:22 AM
Ticket prices should be kept the same for rest of competition where ever that takes us.

Club could either distribute some tickets through supporter groups or ask people to show their ticket stub from one of previous games...

GavinZac
13/07/2004, 11:34 AM
Ticket prices should be kept the same for rest of competition where ever that takes us.

Club could either distribute some tickets through supporter groups or ask people to show their ticket stub from one of previous games...

no need for this i think, we are allowed 20% terraced for this. thats around 1500. the only way that'll be policed is by selling shed specific tickets id say. at most it'd drop by 800 or so people.

if all comes to all, 'the shed' can relocate itself to the st. anns end like it did v Lausanne.