12/07/2004, 1:37 AM
is now offiacaily the best eircom laegue manger

:eek:

thecorner
12/07/2004, 1:38 AM
spell check............................f*ck it

Colm
12/07/2004, 2:20 AM
I never doubted him, he's had my full support from day one.
A few people were (wrongly) giving out about him at the start of the season but I think that he has proved all the doubters wrong.
He has won leagues and he's been unbelieveabley successful in Europe. The man is a legend and we're lucky to have him. :)

macdermesser
12/07/2004, 6:36 AM
He's a great motivator .. sets a goal and focusses everyones minds on achieving it. Was sorry to see him leave Pats. Delighted for him and for Cork. Well done.

Fair_play_boy
12/07/2004, 6:56 AM
I was one of the doubting Thomases.
Well done Pat. You have done your talking where it counts.
By the way, can you do anything about the punch in the back of the head that Doyler got from the NEC player who stood behind the linesman to do it?

Dodge
12/07/2004, 9:48 AM
He has won leagues
He has won league... no plural :)

Super achievement in the inter toto though. Fair play to him

tiktok
12/07/2004, 10:57 AM
I think it was best for both Dolan and St.Pat's to part company when they did, as I've said from day one, he needs a good Chairman to keep him in check, and we have that in Brian Lennox. The dream team for city IMO.

Éanna
12/07/2004, 5:01 PM
I think it was best for both Dolan and St.Pat's to part company when they did, as I've said from day one, he needs a good Chairman to keep him in check, and we have that in Brian Lennox. The dream team for city IMO.
spot on again tiktok. best manager in eircom league history. he made mistakes last season and again this season and was rightly criticised for them, but the most important thing is he's learned from those mistakes, and we really look like an awesome team right now.

Dodge
12/07/2004, 5:04 PM
FFS Eanna, putting aside my Dolan bias... Best ever!?!?!

I reckon people like Kerr, McLoughlin and even Keely would have something to say about that (and thats only counting the last 20 years)

you don't half love hyberpole down Cork way, do you?

Éanna
12/07/2004, 5:19 PM
FFS Eanna, putting aside my Dolan bias... Best ever!?!?!

I reckon people like Kerr, McLoughlin and even Keely would have something to say about that (and thats only counting the last 20 years)

you don't half love hyberpole down Cork way, do you?
I was referring to results in european competition. and thats not opinion, its fact.

Dodge
12/07/2004, 5:22 PM
Really? Show me the facts so... And please include stats for managers from 60s and 70s please, especially Dundalks...

James
12/07/2004, 5:25 PM
what a bitter bitter boy you are Dodge :)
let go man, sooner you realise SPA and clubs like you are going backwards while at the same time CCFC are moving forward both on and off the pitch

The Rebel Army under the leadership of Lennox and Dolan are building a solid foundation to dominate irish football for years to come..and i think the energy you're spending with petty nitpicking, would be better spent focusing on what SPA can do to catch up ..

Éanna
12/07/2004, 5:26 PM
it was in the papers after the last game. can't remember the exact stats. if you don't want to believe me wither go check it out or keep your head in the sand- I don't really care what any Pats fan thinks or says.

Dodge
12/07/2004, 5:29 PM
what a bitter bitter boy you are Dodge :)
let go man, sooner you realise SPA and clubs like you are going backwards while at the same time CCFC are moving forward both on and off the pitch

Oh I know all that... Doesn't mean I can let people away with making stupid claims though :)

If you can back them up, fine. If not, I'll call you on it...

And as I've said here and on the Pats MB. It was a super win for Cork and all credit to Pat and the players...

eoinh
12/07/2004, 5:39 PM
I never doubted him, he's had my full support from day one.
A few people were (wrongly) giving out about him at the start of the season but I think that he has proved all the doubters wrong.
He has won leagues and he's been unbelieveabley successful in Europe. The man is a legend and we're lucky to have him. :)

yes you were right. i stand corrected. what a job yesterday!

tiktok
12/07/2004, 7:33 PM
Really? Show me the facts so..

It's been all over the press in Cork the last few days, he's the winningest (as they say stateside) manager in 'LOI in Europe' history now, that obviously includes all the great nights he had with you in Inchicore, not just based on the last four games.

Dundalk went three rounds as well back in the late seventies, although it depends on your opinion of the inter-toto as to who's run was better, does UEFA preliminary rounds have better quality than inter-toto rounds 'proper', normally I'd say the former, but I think the opposition City faced was decent.

The Sheliban
12/07/2004, 9:13 PM
As someone who has criticised Dolan in the past, both for his mendacity and for his managerial ability, I am happy to admit that I may have underestimated his managerial ability.
With regard to whether Cork's run is better than Dundalk's. Your opposition is on paper better. However, both Malmo and the Dutch are scarcely in pre-season, whereas Dundalk were playing out of season. Not taking away from your achievements, though, which are truly enviable.
However, 4 games in the Intertoto proved to be Rovers undoing last season. Their form slipped dramatically after their exit from Europe, and by the end of the season, their Europe exploits were forgotten. Not saying it will necessarily happen to Cork, but when ye come down to earth, you're not going to find the League quite the easy pickings you think it is now.
And if, say, you're 4th in the league come October, will the general concensus be that Dolan is the best ever manager ever in the whole history of the world ever?
Good luck against Nantes though! Tall order, but we're all rooting for you!!

adamcarr
12/07/2004, 11:06 PM
However, both Malmo and the Dutch are scarcely in pre-season
Sweden play Summer season aswell!!!