PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Home

bluewhitearmy
20/09/2011, 3:45 PM
This like all of the next 5 is a huge game for us...They always lift there game against us with Noel in charge. Id love if they came out and tried to attack us but really cant see that happening so we will need to be patient to break them down.

Talking to John Frost before Shels game he said he was ready to go but Pat didnt want to risk him so hopefully he will play some part in this one would be a huge boost top get him back.

We need to play better then we have recently the 90th minute winners are great craic but the performances against Shels and Longford were not very good.

I think the lads know they have to win all 5 and will go for it though and i think we will win 2-0.

Jofspring
20/09/2011, 8:47 PM
Hopefully Frost is back. In saying that though we don't seem to be doing anything wrong at the back we just aren't creating any clear cut chances and the odd time we do we aren't taking them. We are very slow to go from defnse to attack and against our next three opponents that's exactly what we have to do.

Wexford will be tough because Noel is at pretty much every home match and I'm sure has all our weaknesses well sussed.

If we go out attack and be clinical we should win comfortable. Going to try be optimistic for a while and go for Limerick 3-0.

bluewhitearmy
20/09/2011, 8:49 PM
Hopefully Frost is back. In saying that though we don't seem to be doing anything wrong at the back we just aren't creating any clear cut chances and the odd time we do we aren't taking them. We are very slow to go from defnse to attack and against our next three opponents that's exactly what we have to do.

Wexford will be tough because Noel is at pretty much every home match and I'm sure has all our weaknesses well sussed.

If we go out attack and be clinical we should win comfortable. Going to try be optimistic for a while and go for Limerick 3-0.

He is still better then Bhandarkhar though even going forward imo. And he has loads of experience and is always talking which really helps.

Jofspring
20/09/2011, 8:54 PM
He is still better then Bhandarkhar though even going forward imo. And he has loads of experience and is always talking which really helps.

Ya it's more for his experience and talking we need him back for. I think bhandarkar is a very good prospect though.

Wouldn't mind seeing judge starting in the middle and being told to attack when he gets the chance.

bluewhitearmy
20/09/2011, 9:00 PM
Ya we need to get at them as early and as much as we can .

hotspur
21/09/2011, 5:39 AM
Limerick to win 4nil wexford nothing to play for.

sadloserkid
21/09/2011, 11:41 AM
Wexford won't want to come last and Wexford in general (and Noel in particular) will always lift themselves for games against us. We should win easily but remember the last time they came to town?

If Scully can even loosen the tactical straitjacket he employs a bit there's nothing to worry about. That's a big if though. If it's 0-0 after a half hour some of our support will get restless, the players will get nervous... an early goal on the other hand and, short of another Salthill scenario, we'll be handy enough.

jaorta
22/09/2011, 2:27 AM
We will score early which will open Wexford up
and go on to win four nil.We will be up three zip at half
time:ball:

Shannonsider
22/09/2011, 4:23 PM
Wexford have loads to play for which is a positive for Limerick I think because if we threaten early they will have to have a go and we will open them up. Noel o Connor is always up for a game and there is still a chance Wexford can come last so they will be up for this. Hopefully Limerick have learned from the last game against Wexford and Jackman and attack from the early. On a positive note, I have yet to see Limerick lose this season, was very close last week in Tolka but a win is a must.

gael353
23/09/2011, 8:28 AM
we´ll win tonight. last time we had a few disinterested players on the team who will not be playing tonight* Behan should cause enough damage before half time to see us home. Expect Packie Malone to be rushed off the field if he takes a yellow :o

* it might have been the system in fairness

dutchie
23/09/2011, 10:54 AM
Was down in Wexford a few weeks ago on hols and went to their match v Longford and Wexford were truly shocking--lazy wingers,dodgy centre halves,basically a lack of talent,only thing they had was a good goalieand must say super facilities,will go for a 6 nil slaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluewhitearmy
23/09/2011, 11:21 AM
Was down in Wexford a few weeks ago on hols and went to their match v Longford and Wexford were truly shocking--lazy wingers,dodgy centre halves,basically a lack of talent,only thing they had was a good goalieand must say super facilities,will go for a 6 nil slaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is very good but im told that he wont be playing tonight how true it is i dont know but would be good news for us.

Jofspring
23/09/2011, 11:41 AM
He is very good but im told that he wont be playing tonight how true it is i dont know but would be good news for us.

He is usually outstanding against us so hopefullly he is out.

harpin
23/09/2011, 12:52 PM
A lot of optimism in here:mad:

Don't care what happens as long as we end up with the 3 points, they sucker punched us the last time which was a right ballache

4tothefloor
23/09/2011, 4:48 PM
We need to win this 10-0 to close the goal difference. We'll probably win 1-0 with a late goal

Jofspring
23/09/2011, 9:01 PM
We need to win this 10-0 to close the goal difference. We'll probably win 1-0 with a late goal

Could only manage 6.....a disgrace.

Mons won with a 95minute winner, their worse than us for last minute goals.

Second
23/09/2011, 9:05 PM

You win the watch :) great prediction

abbeyvale
24/09/2011, 2:30 AM
Team P W D L F/A Pts
1 Shelbourne 24 19 2 3 50 / 18 59
2 Monaghan United 24 17 4 3 49 / 22 55
3 Cork City 25 15 9 1 56 / 21 54
4 Limerick 26 16 6 4 41 / 21 54
5 Waterford United 25 10 3 12 31 / 26 33
6 Longford Town 26 10 3 13 32 / 35 33
7 Mervue United 25 9 4 12 35 / 37 31
8 Athlone Town 25 8 4 13 17 / 39 28
9 Finn Harps 24 6 4 14 20 / 32 22
10 Wexford Youths 25 3 1 21 20 / 56 10
11 Salthill Devon 25 2 4 19 14 / 58 10

da bishop
24/09/2011, 6:25 AM
it was almost the perfect night for us,3pts,6 goals,clean sheet,gamble succeeding in getting himself booked,kelly [for once] doing us a favour keeping behan on the field,scully up out of the dugout most of the game actually encouraging our lads to pass the ball,judge actually starting,then mons score a poxy winner.

dutchie
24/09/2011, 9:58 AM
I should have went to paddy power!!

LK37oldskool
24/09/2011, 11:40 AM
By far the best performance of the season at home anyway. The difference playing 4-4-2 with the players we have was very evident last night. Hope this is a wake up call for Scully tactically anyway. Shame about the Mons result.

AlanOB
24/09/2011, 2:04 PM
Much better last night. Finally we go 4-4-2 against a weaker side at home, and it pays dividends. To think we played with a diamond in midfield against Wexford the last time at Jackman. For a team that puts 10 men behind the ball that was an absolute godsend. You get the feeling that Scully has only taken the straitjacket off because he has to - but still, it was great to watch.

Delighted for Judgey too.

mastermind1
25/09/2011, 7:34 AM
I said to my mate at the game that gamble was looking for a booking, disgrace the way he just went around kicking people, referee should have booked him way earlier though. Great performance and some lovely goals, judgeys second was my favourite. Wexford were very poor. Shane tracey had a great game.

Jofspring
25/09/2011, 10:05 AM
I have heard a few people now say Gamble was looking for a booking, why though? I thought when he got booked against Shels it was his 4th anyway and was going to be suspended against Mervue. Is he now going to be suspended at home against Athlone instead?

bluewhitearmy
25/09/2011, 1:34 PM
Gamble was told to get booked because they say he now misses the cup game against Shels....A brilliant move to do that so he was right to try get booked.

gspain
25/09/2011, 6:04 PM
Joe Gamble talked himself out of a booking so he was hardly looking for one.

Denis Behan is 1 yellow away from a suspension now and if he is booked v Shels will miss Monaghan. He has to be rested for the cup.

Jofspring
25/09/2011, 9:03 PM
Joe Gamble talked himself out of a booking so he was hardly looking for one.

Denis Behan is 1 yellow away from a suspension now and if he is booked v Shels will miss Monaghan. He has to be rested for the cup.

Rest them all I say.

harpin
26/09/2011, 1:13 PM
The difference playing 4-4-2 with the players we have was very evident last night. Hope this is a wake up call for Scully tactically anyway.

I wouldn't bet on it