PDA

View Full Version : It's in our own hands!!

Lim till i die
17/09/2011, 7:38 PM
Realised last night if Monaghan fail to beat Shels or Cork away we can get up off our own backs!!

It's an outside bet but not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Interesting times.

adamd164
17/09/2011, 7:46 PM
I'd love to see ourselves and Limerick go up and Monaghan to bottle it. They offer nothing to the league, but Roddy is doing a decent job there it must be said.

I think it could go down to the last game of the season with 3 of the top 4 positions to be decided.

Jofspring
17/09/2011, 7:51 PM
I'd love to see ourselves and Limerick go up and Monaghan to bottle it. They offer nothing to the league, but Roddy is doing a decent job there it must be said.

I think it could go down to the last game of the season with 3 of the top 4 positions to be decided.

Would be some finish if it comes down to the last day of the season.

Dunny
17/09/2011, 8:02 PM
Would be some finish if it comes down to the last day of the season.

Absolutley. Fantastic experience.

Good luck Limerick, hope to see you back in Oriel next season.

bluewhitearmy
17/09/2011, 8:17 PM
Absolutley. Fantastic experience.

Good luck Limerick, hope to see you back in Oriel next season.

Depends how it ends up :tremble:

micls
19/09/2011, 3:48 AM
I think it'l definitely go to the last day.

I think the Mons vs us game is win win for ye. If we win, you catch up on Mons, if they win you catch up on us, if it's a draw you gain points on both!

bluewhitearmy
19/09/2011, 12:23 PM
I think it'l definitely go to the last day.

I think the Mons vs us game is win win for ye. If we win, you catch up on Mons, if they win you catch up on us, if it's a draw you gain points on both!

Well we would have to win our games first.

gspain
19/09/2011, 1:17 PM
With 5 wins we also need

Monaghan to lose 1 and draw 1 as we won't catch them on GD

OR

Cork to draw 2 as again we won't catch them on GD

By the time Cork play Monaghan they will both have played some tricky games so we may have a preferred result. I'm leaning towards a draw now but if Shels draw with Monaghan then maybe a Cork win is better.

If we are still 4th starting the last day it won't be enough as they'll both beat Shels and Athlone.

Jofspring
19/09/2011, 11:52 PM
We need to start off by taking 9 points in our next 3 games. If we want promotion, Christ if we are to deserve promotion, we at least need to beat Wexford, Athlone and Mervue. That will really crank the pressure up on Mons and Cork. The game up in Monaghan is setting up to be a huge game.

Jofspring
21/09/2011, 10:37 AM
Run in prediction:

Wexford (W)
Mervue (W)
Athlone (W)
Monaghan (D)
Waterford (W)

13 Points from 15 which would mean we finish on 64. To accumulate that amount of points and still be in the first division would be some sickner.

passerrby
21/09/2011, 12:11 PM

would love to see ourselves and shels go up and galway to win playoff after cork play an elligle player

bluewhitearmy
21/09/2011, 11:32 PM
Don't worry about PASSERRBY boy as ye won't even make the play offs, let Shels,Cork City & Limerick City worry about promotion and ye can worry about that Dublin p***k Collins.

Id be gutted if they finished higher then Limerick FC.

harpin
22/09/2011, 6:58 AM
No fear, they are crap, Cork will def beat them at home and we should at least take at draw from ben away so that should put them in their box.

No that would probably guarantee them a play-off spot at least...and they're not crap otherwise they wouldn't be where they are

dutchie
23/09/2011, 12:46 PM
No that would probably guarantee them a play-off spot at least...and they're not crap otherwise they wouldn't be where they are

They beat us a few months back 2 nil at home and we hadn't even a shot on target in the whole game,what does that make us??.They are a decent side,but hopefully we just win our last 5 and see what happens then!!

joeSoap
23/09/2011, 1:00 PM
Realised last night if Monaghan fail to beat Shels or Cork away we can get up off our own backs!!
So its not really in 'our own hands' then as you put it?? :confused:
I must change the thread title...;)

gspain
25/09/2011, 6:09 PM
If Monaghan beat Shels or Cork then we won't catch them. 2 draws will mean it is still out of our hands. They will beat Wexford and Athlone and while Mervue away will be tricky for them I wouldn't like to be depending on it.

We need Shels to win next friday.

2 draws for Cork will also do it but I can't see that happening. The ultimate revenge for Colin Scanlon would be Shels parading the trophy around Tolka then losing to see City edge us out of 3rd.

bluewhitearmy
25/09/2011, 6:33 PM
If Monaghan beat Shels or Cork then we won't catch them. 2 draws will mean it is still out of our hands. They will beat Wexford and Athlone and while Mervue away will be tricky for them I wouldn't like to be depending on it.

We need Shels to win next friday.

2 draws for Cork will also do it but I can't see that happening. The ultimate revenge for Colin Scanlon would be Shels parading the trophy around Tolka then losing to see City edge us out of 3rd.

I really cant see Shels just rolling over for Cork just to get back at us over Scanlon.

sadloserkid
25/09/2011, 9:11 PM
I really cant see Shels just rolling over for Cork just to get back at us over Scanlon.

I wouldn't like to be depending on that either though!

gspain
26/09/2011, 9:01 AM

I don't think they'll roll over. However they will have won the league at that stage. Cork will be fighting for their lives. I also
think cork are flying at the moment and seem to be in great form.

I think catching Monaghan is our best hope. A Shels win on Friday would be huge.

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 10:47 AM
lads,i know it's not the correct forum,but would anyone know who scored the goals,and what was the line up, in limerick 5-1 win over galway in the 19's league????

Shannonsider
26/09/2011, 11:34 AM
lads,i know it's not the correct forum,but would anyone know who scored the goals,and what was the line up, in limerick 5-1 win over galway in the 19's league????

Limerick FC 5 - 1 Galway United
Limerick Scorers Barry Sheedy (6, 87, 89), Oliver O'Driscoll (67 pen), Rafal Lubinski (90+2).

Limerick FC: Robert Shier, Vincent Noonan, Anthony O'Donnell, Sean O'Callaghan, Tino Nzvaura, Alex Scully (Aidan Boyle 64), Barry Sheedy, James McGrath, Cian Collins, Oliver O'Driscoll (Rafal Lubinski 79), Fatmadh Dunisha (Darragh Rainsford 58).
Subs not used: Andrew Cowpar, Sean Barrett, Cian Bourke, Stephen Walsh.

gael353
26/09/2011, 10:34 PM
Tino Nzvaura, Rafal Lubinski, Fatmadh Dunisha. with names like these they must be ****t hot ;)

Jofspring
27/09/2011, 9:26 PM
Mons next 2 games are away from home, they are playing Shels in Dublin this weekend and are in Cork on Tuesday night. It would be great if they failed to pick up any points from the 2 games and give us a chance to make up some ground with the season coming to an end, it would make it an exciting finish to the season.

If they lost both or even just one it would still be in their own hands but the pressure will be really cranked up if we keep winning.