PDA

View Full Version : Roddy on Vincent Browne now!

BonnieShels
14/09/2011, 10:48 PM
What else can I say!

razor
14/09/2011, 10:57 PM
The caption read Former Shamrock Rovers Manager.

BonnieShels
14/09/2011, 10:58 PM
Tagged as Former Shamrock Rovers Manager on screen.

BonnieShels
14/09/2011, 10:59 PM
Snap. Best get Magicme onto tv3 to sort it out.

razor
14/09/2011, 11:03 PM
I guess with they're the only Irish club on TV3s radar, they could have taken a stab at most clubs.
Although I'll never fully come to terms with the fact that he managed Cork City.

El-Pietro
14/09/2011, 11:09 PM
never in a competitive game, thats what I'm clinging to.

Lim till i die
14/09/2011, 11:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8WuqE.gif

Magicme
15/09/2011, 12:22 AM
I was watching it but think that in the context that they wanted to talk to him about the game tomorrow and the fact that he is doing coverage with TV3 on the game too it was fair enough for him to be tagged as "Former Shamrock Rovers manager" but they should have added "and current Monaghan United boss".

dfx-
15/09/2011, 1:57 AM
Although I'll never fully come to terms with the fact that he managed Cork City.

It's not fair that Cork, CHF, Bohs, Mons got away with being mentioned :rolleyes:

Mr A
15/09/2011, 8:02 AM
Roddy taking this to court: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0915/1224304142817.html

I think he's wasting his time and money but it will be interesting nonetheless.

Macy
15/09/2011, 8:31 AM
Roddy taking this to court: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0915/1224304142817.html

I think he's wasting his time and money but it will be interesting nonetheless.
Court could well tell him to exhaust the sporting options first. iirc it's happened across a few sports over recent years.

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2011, 10:02 AM
Only Roddy could turn a work fine into a human rights issue. Maybe he should talk to his employers who signed him up to a ridiculous "no criticising the FAI ever" clause.

passerrby
15/09/2011, 2:12 PM
Only Roddy could turn a work fine into a human rights issue. Maybe he should talk to his employers who signed him up to a ridiculous "no criticising the FAI ever" clause.

Monaghan united did not sign Roddy up to any clause all clubs sign the participation every year otherwise they will not be granted a licence.

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2011, 3:06 PM
Yeah, and as an employee of the club he's bound to it. It's a stupid clause to have in an agreement to begin with but the clubs obviously didn't have a problem with it.

passerrby
15/09/2011, 3:31 PM
Yeah, and as an employee of the club he's bound to it. It's a stupid clause to have in an agreement to begin with but the clubs obviously didn't have a problem with it.

Are you been naive or just silly , clubs do not come together with an agreement it is put to all to sign it or no licence. Clubs may or may not have a problem with it but can do nothing as they do not run the league.

outspoken
15/09/2011, 9:12 PM
It's as simple as this Roddy Collins was a pundit when he made those comments he did not make them with his Monaghan United cap on he was speaking in an open debate and he was only speaking his mind. The FAI tried to gag Dermot Keely when he was manager of Shels while he was writing his sun newspaper column but they failed so the trend has been set and Collins will win this battle.

My only concern would be that MUFC might suffer as a result we all know how the fai like to hold a grudge just look at the Limerick case for the perfect example of that.

monutdfc
15/09/2011, 10:34 PM
From Roddy's statement:

Mr Collins stated “I was delighted that such an excellent legal team lead by Paul Callan, SC, Séamus Ó Tuathail SC, Vincent P Martin BL and Fran Rooney BL were prepared to support this very important cause and praised their principled generosity.”
FAI will love that!

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6670/collins-responds-appeal-rejection/

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2011, 12:47 AM
Are you been naive or just silly , clubs do not come together with an agreement it is put to all to sign it or no licence. Clubs may or may not have a problem with it but can do nothing as they do not run the league.
The clubs have input into the agreement...

Spudulika
16/09/2011, 4:17 AM
It's as simple as this Roddy Collins was a pundit when he made those comments he did not make them with his Monaghan United cap on he was speaking in an open debate and he was only speaking his mind. The FAI tried to gag Dermot Keely when he was manager of Shels while he was writing his sun newspaper column but they failed so the trend has been set and Collins will win this battle.

My only concern would be that MUFC might suffer as a result we all know how the fai like to hold a grudge just look at the Limerick case for the perfect example of that.

Do you think he'll give a toss? Will he fcuk! I love the bit about his "legal team", hilarious. He got his ban lifted, fine reduced, but he wants to make a martyr of himself as he can't be without the media spotlight. If only he'd concentrate on managing his team he'd be sitting pretty to put Mons in the Premier. The man's a deluded me feiner, simple as that.

bullit
16/09/2011, 4:36 AM
Spud. I thought u and ur Missus were heading for the irish bar. ?? that was'nt an Irish bar ??

0836 Irish time/Spudtime

osarusan
16/09/2011, 6:43 AM
Can you go into that in any more detail?

Spudulika
16/09/2011, 8:29 AM
Spud. I thought u and ur Missus were heading for the irish bar. ?? that was'nt an Irish bar ??

0836 Irish time/Spudtime

? Okay, it was an Irish bar in Voronezh - so technically it isn't an Irish bar, but it's quaintly called "Irish Pub", though it is decent. And I have the best ever location and excuse for an Irish pub, in the world, ever! No contest in any way! Anyone who's been to Moscow and traveled by train will know exactly where I'm talking about! It rocks - it almost has Irish prices too, 8euros for a cappuccino!

passerrby
16/09/2011, 8:49 AM
thats simply not true

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2011, 10:52 AM
Well they voted it in voluntarily and then they voted it in again last year.

Longfordian
16/09/2011, 12:49 PM
From Roddy's statement:

FAI will love that!

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6670/collins-responds-appeal-rejection/

Hmm two Senior Counsels, two Junior Counsels, that's an expensive legal team. Unless certain members are doing it for the chance of having a go at the FAI!

marinobohs
16/09/2011, 1:15 PM
Hmmmmmm shame, but the thread title "Roddy on Vincent Browe now !" conjured up a far more interesting picture than the content (even if I wont sleep tonight ) :cool:

BonnieShels
16/09/2011, 1:37 PM
Fran's in it for divillment!
Devilling if you will.

monsexile
16/09/2011, 1:45 PM
And Roddy has been on top of Scarlett Johansson for almost 24 hours now...

...on Twitter's Trending Topics

passerrby
16/09/2011, 2:09 PM
Well they voted it in voluntarily and then they voted it in again last year.

no they did not, clubs voted for the merger thats the only option open to them if they want the merger then they must accept the particapation agreement completely.
clubs are at the moment unable to run the league so have no choice but to accept the merger.

dfx-
16/09/2011, 2:36 PM
Hmmmmmm shame, but the thread title "Roddy on Vincent Browe now !" conjured up a far more interesting picture than the content (even if I wont sleep tonight ) :cool:

That's not an interesting mental picture, mb.. :excruciating:

And Roddy has been on top of Scarlett Johansson for almost 24 hours now...

Neither is that :excruciating: