PDA

View Full Version : pat scully signs two year extension

Pages : [1] 2

thomas72
14/09/2011, 12:27 PM
:hypnotized:

WHat in the name of god are the board thinking at all he is clueless they should of waiting until the end of the season to see if we get promotion.

fc hammer
14/09/2011, 12:50 PM
:hypnotized:

WHat in the name of god are the board thinking at all he is clueless they should of waiting until the end of the season to see if we get promotion.

ar they bonkers or what!!............

JohnD
14/09/2011, 1:03 PM
Ah for F**ks sake...do they want to stay in div:1 for ever ? He will never get us promoted. This reminds me of Eddie O'Sullivan getting a new contract just before the 2007 RWC and remember what happened next. Wait until we don't get promoted this year and then sack him and bring in a decent manager.

sadloserkid
14/09/2011, 1:10 PM
Baffling. Simply baffling. :confused:

harpin
14/09/2011, 1:19 PM
Confused.com

Markets Field
14/09/2011, 1:38 PM
i cannot understand the logic in doing this at this time in the season.
it could be all over after Friday night......................

Jofspring
14/09/2011, 2:18 PM
Awful decision. Going by some of the decisions he has made on the pitch he doesn't deserve it at the moment. He has 6 games left to change the opinion of the fans. Can see this ending at some stage with Limerick having to pay out big compensation.

Daydreamer
14/09/2011, 2:33 PM
I think he will get Limerick Promoted , probably not this year but certainly next year . He will just bring in more quality players to add to this years lot and then they are bound to , same all over the world, teams that spend the most do the best

Jofspring
14/09/2011, 3:02 PM
I think if we don't get promoted we should win the division next season and win it well. Barr Longford and maybe Finn Harps next season I couldn't see anyone else being consistent enough to challenge. I know next season is a long way away and who knows what Galway would be like but if we couldn't win it next year with Cork, Shels and Mons gone we may as well forget about ever going up. If we did get a new manager it could probably be a bit deceiving if he got us promoted next year.

bluewhitearmy
14/09/2011, 3:07 PM
They will justify giving him the deal if we get up from the joke of a league it will be next year. If he was a good manager we would not have to wait another year he has thrown away chance after chance this year with absolutely ridiculous decisions and his treatment of some players is a joke. I know that it way have been deceiving if another manager got us up but players would probably be far happier with another manager.

Hes the only manager i know that has been rewarded for 3 years of failure...With the timing of the decision it is one of the worst ive seen in years.

gael353
14/09/2011, 4:02 PM
I think he will get Limerick Promoted , probably not this year but certainly next year

From div one south?

He will just bring in more quality players to add to this years lot and then they are bound to , same all over the world, teams that spend the most do the best

meanwhile on the planet earth..........

El-Pietro
14/09/2011, 6:08 PM
don't forget waterford, they will be better next year.

great decision Limerick. Really pleased with this :D

hotspur
14/09/2011, 7:04 PM
They will justify giving him the deal if we get up from the joke of a league it will be next year. If he was a good manager we would not have to wait another year he has thrown away chance after chance this year with absolutely ridiculous decisions and his treatment of some players is a joke. I know that it way have been deceiving if another manager got us up but players would probably be far happier with another manager.

Hes the only manager i know that has been rewarded for 3 years of failure...With the timing of the decision it is one of the worst ive seen in years.
I dont often agree with you bluewhitearmy but on this occasion i do, its a disgrace before the season has ended he was offered a contract, why not wait until the end of the season and give the man a contract on merit.

Jofspring
14/09/2011, 7:22 PM
don't forget waterford, they will be better next year.

great decision Limerick. Really pleased with this :D

O ya Waterford.......we're screwed.

fieldofmarkets
14/09/2011, 8:13 PM
ahh Jaysus

da bishop
14/09/2011, 8:57 PM
you have to hand it to scully,he has secured his seat on what is now generally perceived as a very ...rewarding...gravy train for another two years,he has done this on the back of fairly dour and negative football albeit with a decent consistency of results,mounted on the back of a budget which is now the envy of all but 4 of both divisions clubs,he might very well lead us to the promised land in the next 6 games and 2 years but in the overall scheme of things we SHOULD be where shels are presently ..already top and on our way.........you have to hand it to scully?.

joeSoap
14/09/2011, 10:22 PM
I think he will get Limerick Promoted , probably not this year but certainly next year . He will just bring in more quality players to add to this years lot and then they are bound to , same all over the world, teams that spend the most do the best Only 2 clubs in the entire country spend more money than he does every week, and one of them is in the group stages of a major european competition. This is an incredible decision, and a very bad one for the direction the club wants to take on the pitch.

Lim till i die
14/09/2011, 10:39 PM
Only 2 clubs in the entire country spend more money than he does every week, and one of them is in the group stages of a major european competition.

You're a mod right??

Talking absolute drivel there I'd wager joe.

El-Pietro
14/09/2011, 11:37 PM
id say Rovers, Rovers, and possibly Derry and Bohs pay more than Limerick right now

maybe I'm way off but thats the way it looks from here

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 12:03 AM
thats the way it looks from here

Where are you?? Under a rock on Mars??

At least two players turned down Limerick for Cork at the start of the season FFS. :D

I didn't report the post above cos I don't know the craic with reporting a mod post but that's pure speculation above that anyone else would possibly get an infraction for

leedsfan88
15/09/2011, 12:11 AM
Well Gamble and Behan are on a combined €3,000 a week

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 12:21 AM

Each I heard

Jofspring
15/09/2011, 12:24 AM

Highly doubt that. Even Pat could not afford to cough up 3,000 for 2 players alone every week.

bluewhitearmy
15/09/2011, 12:56 AM
Each I heard

Pay cuts already so damn our shoddy club not honouring their multi-million euro contracts.

leedsfan88
15/09/2011, 1:15 AM
Its what i've heard from a lad who works at the club

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 1:26 AM
Its what i've heard from a lad who works at the club

A fella who works at the club told me to tell you the sky is brown and hot snow falls up

theboywonder8
15/09/2011, 9:59 AM
I think mr Sullivan should stick to selling coal,because his football brain isint the greatest,if he thinks pat scully is doing a good job at managing Limerick,baffling decision which cannot be justified.I wouldn't blame the supporters feeling sick at this decision.scully is driving the crowds away not enticing them down.

bluewhitearmy
15/09/2011, 10:25 AM
I think mr Sullivan should stick to selling coal,because his football brain isint the greatest,if he thinks pat scully is doing a good job at managing Limerick,baffling decision which cannot be justified.I wouldn't blame the supporters feeling sick at this decision.scully is driving the crowds away not enticing them down.

Well then there would be no club so id rather Scully has the contract and we have a club...Not just Pat O'Sullivans decision though he takes advice from others at the club when it comes to things like this im told. They should be giving him better advice.

joeSoap
15/09/2011, 11:26 AM
You're a mod right??

Talking absolute drivel there I'd wager joe. Wheres the drivel? I know Pats went back part time, Bohs got rid of nearly all their big earners so I'd reckon Rovers, Derry and possibly Sligo are paying the kind of wages we are. I would be pretty sure we pay the best wages in our division, and most likely more than Galway, Bray, UCD, Dundalk, Pats or Drogheda.

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 12:40 PM
Wheres the drivel? I know Pats went back part time, Bohs got rid of nearly all their big earners so I'd reckon Rovers, Derry and possibly Sligo are paying the kind of wages we are. I would be pretty sure we pay the best wages in our division, and most likely more than Galway, Bray, UCD, Dundalk, Pats or Drogheda.

You stated baldly:

Only 2 clubs in the entire country spend more money than he does every week,

Here we are on page two and your all ready starting to back pedal.

You haven't a clue, a bulls notion what Limerick are paying out but here you are as a mod spouting rubbish in a fishing exercise.

More than Bohs, Pats, Dundalk?? Possibly more than Sligo?? :bulgy:

Will you ever cop on.

joeSoap
15/09/2011, 12:57 PM
Not bringing this to the level you seem to want to bring it to.
In my opinion, and I do have the right to one, I would be amazed if there was more than two clubs paying more than the club are at the moment.
But thats my opinion...

Perhaps seeing as I am spouting drivel, you'd care to educate me as to what you think you know that gives you the right to tell people to cop on for expressing an opinion, or continuously doling out your sarcasm...

Oh..and feel free to take over the moderating of this if you want to...

hotspur
15/09/2011, 2:08 PM
In my opinion, and I do have the right to one, I would be amazed if there was more than two clubs paying more than the club are at the moment.
But thats my opinion...

Perhaps seeing as I am spouting drivel, you'd care to educate me as to what you think you know that gives you the right to tell people to cop on for expressing an opinion, or continuously doling out your sarcasm...

Oh..and feel free to take over the moderating of this if you want to...

Will you be my barrister class post.

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 2:53 PM
But thats my opinion

Not that we've established it's your opinion and not a statement of fact which you seemed to imply when you baldly stated:

Only 2 clubs in the entire country spend more money than he does every week

The thread can now hopefully get back on topic, (no thanks to its moderator)

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but in this case it is of course a completely uneducated one, since you've no idea how much Limerick are paying out.

Perhaps seeing as I am spouting drivel, you'd care to educate me as to what you think you know

I haven't a notion of it because that was your intention from the start when you tried to derail this thread with nonsense about how much Limerick apparently are or aren't paying players.

that gives you the right to tell people to cop on for expressing an opinion, or continuously doling out your sarcasm.

Diddums tbh.

You know well what you were doing.

Oh..and feel free to take over the moderating of this if you want to.

Whatever about me doing it, it would probably be preferrable if there was a Limerick fan moderating the Limerick forum.

joeSoap
15/09/2011, 5:39 PM
I don't attend games for reasons I'm not going to explain to you. Come back and preach when you've attended as many as I have over the years.

Diddums...

Targetman
15/09/2011, 6:04 PM
I think that the frustration and disappointment by the decision to give Scully a contract is understandable. With the resources available to him we should obviously be in a better league position with 6 games to go. Also the timing of it as well is pretty shocking, obviously the board should have waited until the end of the season to see how the final games pan out, then asses the situation.
But at the same time under Scully the team and the club has made big strides forward. The structures put in place have improved immensely, with the new academy and underage teams, as well as changes that have been implemented to the senior squad and our improved league positions over this year and last. This combined with the amount of good young players coming through and the return to the markets field, I still think it is exciting times for the club. I know that Pat O'Sullivan is responsible for a lot of this, but in the press release he credits Scully for a lot of these changes as well, so he is obviously doing something right.
At the end of the day its Limerick, so we have seen all the false dawns and hopes crushed in the past, so it should be no shock to us now if it takes until next season to get promoted. I think with 6 games left its time for the true supporters to get behind the team and the manager, because god knows that there is enough people in Limerick to be critical about the team and LOI football in general.

nosebleds
15/09/2011, 10:13 PM
tarketman,the players that came through the system most are playing with other clubs or junior soccer,those comming through will probally be the same or on the bench,there will come a time when u wont have a player from limerick on the field if scully has his way,its not rocket sicence,just common sence .

kingpin4
15/09/2011, 10:32 PM
tarketman,the players that came through the system most are playing with other clubs or junior soccer,those comming through will probally be the same or on the bench,there will come a time when u wont have a player from limerick on the field if scully has his way,its not rocket sicence,just common sence .

Could be a good thing to be fair. Add Wayne Colbert and Tierney and that's about it of Limerick players who'd get in to the Limerick squad.
The outrage is more on a personal level against him than a football level I think, but I respect people's opinions even if I don't agree with them... If you pay your money to go in you're allowed voice your opinion

bluewhitearmy
15/09/2011, 10:35 PM
Could be a good thing to be fair. Add Wayne Colbert and Tierney and that's about it of Limerick players who'd get in to the Limerick squad.
The outrage is more on a personal level against him than a football level I think, but I respect people's opinions even if I don't agree with them... If you pay your money to go in you're allowed voice your opinion

Whats he done on a football level to deserve a new deal though? I think that rally is why people are annoyed i know its why i am.

abbeyvale
15/09/2011, 10:59 PM

What about Shane Clarke, Conor Kavanagh & Pa Mullins??? (are you telling me none of them would make the current Limerick squad?), and what Scully is doing to Yellow Lyons is nothing short of a disgrace.

Lim till i die
15/09/2011, 11:04 PM
Come back and preach when you've attended as many as I have over the years.

No one preaching, you were fishing for info as is your want and you were pulled on it.

Life goes on.

What about Shane Clarke

He's been in and out a few times to be fair and it hasn't worked out for whatever reason.

We'd have six locals on the pitch if everyone was fit imho, that's not ideal but it's better than a lot of clubs.

Jofspring
15/09/2011, 11:10 PM
What about Shane Clarke, Conor Kavanagh & Pa Mullins??? (are you telling me none of them would make the current Limerick squad?), and what Scully is doing to Yellow Lyons is nothing short of a disgrace.

Agree there is plenty of players in around Limerick that are better than some of what we have. In saying that though a lot of those players have played with us previously and we where no better than we are now and if anything we where worse off. Some of those players left of their own accord too even though the club wanted them to stay. We have only lost 4 games all season, thats some achievement and most years would be league winning/promotion form. I have no problem with the mix Scully has in the team of youth from Limerick and the surrounding areas and players with LOI experience from around the country. I agree about Yellow though, he is too good to be treated the way he has been and no player should be treated like that.

The main problem I have had with Scully is his bizarre selection choices and the inability to see where things are going wrong on the pitch and change them during a game. If we don't get promoted it is something fresh we need coming in. Just look at Shels, Keeley failed to get them up after a few years, they changed the manager and he brought a better approach to them and has used what he has well and look where they are now.

On the big budget thing, surely there is a maximum of 5 players that would be on in LOI terms big or decent wages (most likely Gamble, Behan, Frost, O'Flynn and possibly one or two more) the rest would be on alright wages or very small wages. If you look at the rest of the LOI a lot of teams, especially in the premier, would have starting 11's all on very good wages and some with even more than that.

kingpin4
15/09/2011, 11:43 PM

Clarke is a superb junior player, but that's as far as I'd take him. Mullins is decent, but in my opinion I think he'd struggle in LOI, and Kavanagh, fair enough I did forget about him, didn't he train with them last year though til pike came-a-knockin' ? You'd have to question the mentality to go back to junior football when you have a LOI chance.

No one knows the full ins and outs of what's happening with yellow, all anyone has heard is the players side of things which are going to be pretty one sided anyway. It's not like he's going to hold his hand up and say "I didn't do x, y or z" so there's probably a lot more to it. I'm not defending either of them like but if you got both sides the truth probably lies halfway between them..

hotspur
16/09/2011, 1:23 PM
Clarke is a superb junior player, but that's as far as I'd take him. Mullins is decent, but in my opinion I think he'd struggle in LOI, and Kavanagh, fair enough I did forget about him, didn't he train with them last year though til pike came-a-knockin' ? You'd have to question the mentality to go back to junior football when you have a LOI chance.

No one knows the full ins and outs of what's happening with yellow, all anyone has heard is the players side of things which are going to be pretty one sided anyway. It's not like he's going to hold his hand up and say "I didn't do x, y or z" so there's probably a lot more to it. I'm not defending either of them like but if you got both sides the truth probably lies halfway between them..
Alot of junior players are reluctant to go play league of ireland with limerick because its so easy to sign and give it a go but its not so easy to go back playing junior, the Chairman has stopped players going back to junior.

hotspur
16/09/2011, 1:23 PM
Agree there is plenty of players in around Limerick that are better than some of what we have. In saying that though a lot of those players have played with us previously and we where no better than we are now and if anything we where worse off. Some of those players left of their own accord too even though the club wanted them to stay. We have only lost 4 games all season, thats some achievement and most years would be league winning/promotion form. I have no problem with the mix Scully has in the team of youth from Limerick and the surrounding areas and players with LOI experience from around the country. I agree about Yellow though, he is too good to be treated the way he has been and no player should be treated like that.

The main problem I have had with Scully is his bizarre selection choices and the inability to see where things are going wrong on the pitch and change them during a game. If we don't get promoted it is something fresh we need coming in. Just look at Shels, Keeley failed to get them up after a few years, they changed the manager and he brought a better approach to them and has used what he has well and look where they are now.

On the big budget thing, surely there is a maximum of 5 players that would be on in LOI terms big or decent wages (most likely Gamble, Behan, Frost, O'Flynn and possibly one or two more) the rest would be on alright wages or very small wages. If you look at the rest of the LOI a lot of teams, especially in the premier, would have starting 11's all on very good wages and some with even more than that.

You sure your not the manager.

Jofspring
16/09/2011, 2:43 PM
Alot of junior players are reluctant to go play league of ireland with limerick because its so easy to sign and give it a go but its not so easy to go back playing junior, the Chairman has stopped players going back to junior.

Barr Tierney and maybe yellow (don't know the story there) I don't know of any other players that have had trouble dropping back to junior. I even remember a Boro lad on this saying fair play to Michael O Sullivan for sorting out Jason Hughes going back to junior and the manner in which he went about it.

You sure your not the manager.

We'd be top of the league if I was :D

joeSoap
16/09/2011, 10:25 PM
Kavanagh and Mullins in particular are players that I have no doubt would make a huge difference to the team. Mullins, taking into account his lack of height, is a brilliant footballing centre half and his ability to read a game is so good its scary. Kavanagh is by a country mile the best central midfielder in junior football at the moment in my opinion and with a little bit of improvement to his first touch would be a fantastic addition to the midfield.

abbeyvale
16/09/2011, 11:44 PM
NAG NAG NAG, thats all the lot of ye do on this site, it seems to me that all these so called great JUNIOR SOCCER players would rather be a big fish in a small pond in the local leagues than test themselves against the best in the LOI.
As for this great Tierney chap, i have seen him enough times to know that he will never make it in the LOI, sur didn't Ski take him to Cork City with him and he made NO impact there and I still hear his name being posted and one of these great players Scully is ignoring and i am sure the rest of these great junior players in Limerick are no better. If ye want to follow Junior players that follow the junior leagues, if u want to follow LOI soccer and Limerick FC then grow up and enjoy the experience.
Having an opinion is one thing but ye are the most depressing shower of supporters I have come across, its like looking out the window every morning and wishing for rain so that ye can complain about the weather.
The good facts.
(1) Best season in years
(2) No Cash worries
(3) A respected Manager who works on all aspects of the club.
The real facts
(1) Supporters that always complain
(2) Show no support to the manager
(3) supporters that will not go togames in enough numbers to make the club viable

Well said PS

Lim till i die
17/09/2011, 12:41 AM
Pat Scully http://mobility.mobi/images/smilies/new/adore.gif http://mobility.mobi/images/smilies/new/adore.gif http://mobility.mobi/images/smilies/new/adore.gif

bluewhitearmy
17/09/2011, 1:16 AM
Everyone knew i was joking when i said he shouldn't have got the deal ya :p

Jofspring
17/09/2011, 7:58 AM
For one more week anyway.

http://www.alltekuk.com/images/handAppProducts/allPurposeFiller.gif