4. Bandon v Blarney Utd
5. College Cors v Crosshaven
6. UCC v Passage
7. Castleview v CIT

All other Clubs receive a bye.

FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP 1ST ROUND DRAW

footiefanatic
13/09/2011, 11:35 PM
Already some early exits from premier league anticipated from the 1st round, Rockmount away to everton brilliant opener to intermediate cup. Blarney could be 1st big guns to drop out, bandon away will be a very tricky tie.

Chiefscout
07/10/2011, 12:16 PM
Everton short few this weekend for rockmount game.few players away on a stag

Glenbuck
07/10/2011, 2:30 PM
Everton short few this weekend for rockmount game.few players away on a stag Ya ya ya... Pa Brown playing centre midfield, Danny Callaghan going in at left full and Moggsy stepping in at centre half... do us a favour Pinocchio...

Chiefscout
07/10/2011, 3:15 PM
Ya ya ya... Pa Brown playing centre midfield, Danny Callaghan going in at left full and Moggsy stepping in at centre half... do us a favour Pinocchio...
Only passing on info timbuck..are you sitting in yellow and green pjs as you send your sarcastic replys?..best of luck Sunday

Fantasista
08/10/2011, 6:05 PM
Any results yet lads??????

Reznik
08/10/2011, 6:21 PM
Bandon 2-4 Blarney Utd (AET)

Bandon 1 up after lively start from a decent header from centre forward. Blarney responded in 2nd half and went at Bandon and got a deserved equaliser through spud. Blarney pushed for winner but couldnt find it in 90mins. Bandon put there noses in front again early in extra time through Richie Holland but again sat back and drew blarney on them. It seemed as if bandons legs were gone at this stage as spud scored again followed by Coker to put blarney 3-2 up. Spud completed hat-trick in 2nd half of extra time to seal it for blarney. Credit to bandon to lead twice against premier team. They seem the team to beat in the 1st division even though its early days yet. Blarney through to second round and avoid a potential ''banana skin''...

six-yard-box
08/10/2011, 8:50 PM
cit beat castleview on spotters there 2-2 in normal time

greengrass
08/10/2011, 8:51 PM
cit beat castleview on spotters there 2-2 in normal time

what was the final score in normal time 6yard??

six-yard-box
08/10/2011, 8:53 PM
2 all in normal time. castleview went down to ten alright in extra time think it was 6-5 on pens then. cit have improved a good bit from last year.

Clifford
08/10/2011, 9:53 PM
Latest results for 1st Round

Castleview 2 - 2 CIT
CIT win on pens AET

Mayfield Utd 4 - 0 Midleton

Bandon 2 - 4 Blarney Utd AET
College Corinthians 3 - 2 Crosshaven

ballsac7
09/10/2011, 8:16 AM
Latest results for 1st Round

Castleview 2 - 2 CIT
CIT win on pens AET

Mayfield Utd 4 - 0 Midleton

Bandon 2 - 4 Blarney Utd AET
College Corinthians 3 - 2 Crosshaven

Was at the Corinthians game Crosshaven pushed them all the way. It took a soft penalty to finally kill them off. Looks like Beezer is doing a good job down there. He scored the two Crosshaven goals as well. The second one a cheeky chipped penalty.

Chiefscout
09/10/2011, 11:46 AM
Only passing on info timbuck..are you sitting in yellow and green pjs as you send your sarcastic replys?..best of luck Sunday

Unlucky buddy...tough game

el nino coro
09/10/2011, 12:49 PM

what was the score chief?

Chiefscout
09/10/2011, 1:14 PM
what was the score chief?

2-1 to a depleted everton v Alan marvins army...how did ye get on coro

Glenbuck
09/10/2011, 7:02 PM
Everton 2 Rockmount 1. No report lads.

Glenbuck
09/10/2011, 7:06 PM
Only got result. Waiting on flight from Barca while game was on. More news on it later.

razor
09/10/2011, 7:30 PM
Bit of a surprise there, i did hear that David Welch got both Everton goals

footiefanatic
09/10/2011, 8:39 PM
Great weekend for intermediate cup, big guns gone already in Rockmount, midleton, and castleview! Blarney and corinthians just about doing enough as well. Wonder does this show that the difference in class between teams in the lower divisions and higher divisions is not as much as once before? Also, anyone know when the draw for the 2nd round is to take place???

Reznik
09/10/2011, 8:51 PM
Great weekend for intermediate cup, big guns gone already in Rockmount, midleton, and castleview! Blarney and corinthians just about doing enough as well. Wonder does this show that the difference in class between teams in the lower divisions and higher divisions is not as much as once before? Also, anyone know when the draw for the 2nd round is to take place???

I think the lower teams would struggle to play the big teams on a week to week basis but in a cup tie the lower teams will nearly always up there game and fight that little bit harder.

ringmahon4ever
09/10/2011, 9:00 PM
big shock with rockmount. When was last time they never made second round . Heard david welch kissed the everton badge and ran over to rockmount dug out ha ha.

KUFCMan
09/10/2011, 9:03 PM
Leinster Area

Dublin Bus 1-4 Killester UTD

Killester from 1B BT Dublin Bus from 2 leagues higher to show that they could be dark horses this yr in their 1st yr in Intermediate Football.

el nino coro
09/10/2011, 10:21 PM
big shock with rockmount. When was last time they never made second round . Heard david welch kissed the everton badge and ran over to rockmount dug out ha ha.

Maybe its because its the first time they have been drawn away in it for 8 years besides garryduff last season who arent up to much,as for dave welsh kissing the badge,i would have loved to witness what controversy that caused if its true!

mayfield utd
09/10/2011, 11:45 PM
Maybe its because its the first time they have been drawn away in it for 8 years besides garryduff last season who arent up to much,as for dave welsh kissing the badge,i would have loved to witness what controversy that caused if its true!

that away game against garryduff was switch to rockmount park,as far as i can remember

drummerboy
10/10/2011, 7:56 AM
Dunboyne from third tier of LSL beat Glebe in Balbriggan 1-0. Big shock. Great win for Killester.

Fan-tastic
10/10/2011, 9:10 AM
Shouldn't b that much of A controversy lads Dave played with everton for a good while too. Not sure if he got as many games out in Rockmount that he thought he should off. As for the result not a big shock everton hav a decent side, just it's a while since rockmount out so early. Probably because Billy isn't there with d ref in his back pocket

Chiefscout
10/10/2011, 10:18 AM

No big shock.rockmount not up to much this year

razor
10/10/2011, 10:19 AM
as for dave welsh kissing the badge,i would have loved to witness what controversy that caused if its true!That says more about him than the Rockmount bench to be fair.

el nino coro
11/10/2011, 1:48 AM
No big shock.rockmount not up to much this year

its gazza that left marys i feel sorry for........i heard alan marvin didnt want him signed in time for the FAI,oct the 1st wil do,,,,,,,,id like that gazza out in blarney tho!

Clifford
11/10/2011, 1:02 PM
When is round 2 draw then lads? I think it's gonna be played weekend after this one.

Gobias
11/10/2011, 3:26 PM
2nd Round Draw, to be played weekend of 30th October

College Corinthians v CIT
Avondale Utd v Leeds
Blarney Utdd v UCC
Cobh Wanderers v Tramore Ath
Carrigaline Utd v St Marys
Ringmahon Rgs v Douglas Hall
Mayfield Utd v Temple Utd
Youghal Utd v Fermoy
Ballinhassig v Everton
Mallow Utd v Crofton Celtic
Glasheen v Ballincollig

Clifford
11/10/2011, 5:16 PM
Away to last seasons sensations Youghal. Any info on how they have started the season?

Think that one will be next weekend as we asked to be free the bank hol weekend and didn't think we'd get it being Inter cup weekend, but we were told they would be played the week before.

razor
12/10/2011, 7:48 AM
Second Round Draw in full

Ulster
Cockhill Celtic FC V Kildrum Tigers FC
Letterkenny Rovers FC V Fanad United FC
Bonagee United FC V Drumkeen United FC

Munster

College Corinthians AFC V Cork Institute of Technology FC
Avondale United FC V Leeds FC
Blarney United FC V University College Cork AFC
Cobh Wanderers FC V Tramore Athletic FC
Carrigaline United FC V St. Mary’s AFC
Ringmahon Rangers FC V Douglas Hall AFC
Mayfield United FC V Temple United FC
Youghal United FC V Fermoy AFC
Ballinhassig AFC V Everton AFC
Mallow United FC V Crofton Celtic FC
Glasheen FC V Ballincollig AFC

Leinster

Tymon Celtic FC V Tolka Rovers FC
Lucan United FC V Lissadel United FC
Skerries Town FC V Rathcoole Boys FC
Whitehall Rangers AFC / Ballyoulster United FC V Ballyfermot United FC
St. Mochtas FC V Firhouse Clover FC
Bangor Celtic FC V Crumlin United FC
Verona FC V Leixlip United FC
Edenderry Town FC V UCD AFC
Greystones AFC V Portmarnock AFC
St. Joseph’s FC Glasthule V Belgrove FC
Glenmore Dundrum FC V Mount Merrion FC
Glenville FC V Cherry Orchard FC
Phoenix FC V St. Joseph’s Boys FC
Killester United FC V Newbridge Town FC
Pegasus FC V Wayside Celtic FC
Postal United FC V Dunboyne AFC
Malahide United V Celbridge Town AFC
St. Patrick’s CYFC V Peamount Moyle Park FC

Fixtures to be played week ending October 30th

Glenbuck
13/10/2011, 11:48 AM
big shock with rockmount. When was last time they never made second round . Heard david welch kissed the everton badge and ran over to rockmount dug out ha ha.Did not hear that but would be surprised.. Dave one of the nice guys around...

Glenbuck
13/10/2011, 11:50 AM
Maybe its because its the first time they have been drawn away in it for 8 years besides garryduff last season who arent up to much,as for dave welsh kissing the badge,i would have loved to witness what controversy that caused if its true!Oh we have been away el nino coro....you did not last long enough to enjoy any of the trips...

Chiefscout
13/10/2011, 1:33 PM
Oh we have been away el nino coro....you did not last long enough to enjoy any of the trips...

Coro didn't last?..was he a rockmount man before or is it just reality hitting home that ye are now an average team and you are lashing out?..tut tut,nobody likes a bad loser

Chiefscout
13/10/2011, 1:51 PM
its gazza that left marys i feel sorry for........i heard alan marvin didnt want him signed in time for the FAI,oct the 1st wil do,,,,,,,,id like that gazza out in blarney tho!

Would be feeling sorry for SOME players that believe all that a manager sells them to get them signed,but in all honesty coro it's bordering stupidity that they believe it all..people in the know with msl premier that a big team like rockmount on their day have an 11 to match any,squad players don't come into the equation in a managers head in a big game.a manager will always play his strongest 11...some players sign with clubs to play,some to sit and watch and get a medal or two

Chiefscout
13/10/2011, 1:58 PM
Any odds on the winners of the intermediate cup now?

Sparky
13/10/2011, 10:17 PM
2nd Round Draw, to be played weekend of 30th October

College Corinthians v CIT
Avondale Utd v Leeds
Blarney Utdd v UCC
Cobh Wanderers v Tramore Ath
Carrigaline Utd v St Marys
Ringmahon Rgs v Douglas Hall
Mayfield Utd v Temple Utd
Youghal Utd v Fermoy
Ballinhassig v Everton
Mallow Utd v Crofton Celtic
Glasheen v Ballincollig

Will Avondale be the next big shock. Heard they lost to Leeds already!!!!!! Mayfield dark horses this year for the Intermediate? Everton will be hard to beat this year too. Looking forward to Ringmahon and the Hall!!!!!

ringmahon4ever
14/10/2011, 4:00 PM
Will Avondale be the next big shock. Heard they lost to Leeds already!!!!!! Mayfield dark horses this year for the Intermediate? Everton will be hard to beat this year too. Looking forward to Ringmahon and the Hall!!!!! yeah it should be a good game ha

Clifford
14/10/2011, 5:25 PM
As predicted during the week the 2nd round will be next weekend for those involved.

http://www.isrscork.com/MSL.htm

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 12:48 PM
Blarney v ucc should be a cracker tomorrow night.ucc finding form and scoring lots of goals and blarney going very nicely.good referee aswel,so really looking forward to watching it

razor
20/10/2011, 1:24 PM
Blarney v ucc should be a cracker tomorrow night.ucc finding form and scoring lots of goals and blarney going very nicely.good referee aswel,so really looking forward to watching itwhat are peoples thoughts on Friday night games ?
I presume the players are happy cos they get the weekends off as such, I'd like to go to a few but not when they're clashing with my beloved City.
I know this Friday is Citys last home game but I do think more City fans would go to these games if they didn't clash.

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 1:32 PM
what are peoples thoughts on Friday night games ?
I presume the players are happy cos they get the weekends off as such, I'd like to go to a few but not when they're clashing with my beloved City.
I know this Friday is Citys last home game but I do think more City fans would go to these games if they didn't clash.Can't see Avondale getting lights anytime soon so your safe enough razor.you won't miss any of your teams home matches

footiefanatic
20/10/2011, 2:13 PM
I suppose same goes to you chiefscout, do castleview have lights up in there place at all??? or is it everton, or wherever else you hail from??? Reckon Blarney will be too strong for a good ucc side, Think Blarney could have a right crack off the premier league this year!

footiefanatic
20/10/2011, 2:23 PM
Oh, forgot St. Marys as well :rolleyes:

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 2:46 PM
Oh, forgot St. Marys as well :rolleyes:Haha..castleview have lights for good few years now..everton and Marys don't have lights.unless you want to count the lights from the airport...all teams would love to have the lights but due to lack of funding or other circumstances can't get them.it's a big attraction for a club though to have them.midweek games v lesser opponents is a big advantage

Chiefscout
21/10/2011, 10:04 PM
Blarney 4 ucc 3 after extra time

Clifford
21/10/2011, 11:13 PM
Youghal 0-0 fermoy. Youghal win on spotters. Only one missed from ten.

We dominated the game with no real cutting edge to us on the night. Best of luck to youghal in the next round.

Clifford
21/10/2011, 11:14 PM
Youghal 0-0 fermoy. Youghal win on spotters. Only one missed from ten.

We dominated the game with no real cutting edge to us on the night. Best of luck to youghal in the next round.