PDA

View Full Version : Athlone thumped 7-0 - EL GRAND CLASSICO Thread

outspoken
11/09/2011, 11:28 AM
It may be a week away but after our friends down the road got thumped 7-0 by cork city last night I think we are all excited for Saturday night - we should win and simply have to win after a very poor run what is it now 5 games without a win?

Acornvilla
11/09/2011, 11:38 AM
sure theyve lost half their squad, all the limerick boys moved back home in time for the junior season,

should be beating them by at least 2/3

Longfordian
11/09/2011, 12:10 PM
It may be a week away but after our friends down the road got thumped 7-0 by cork city last night I think we are all excited for Saturday night - we should win and simply have to win after a very poor run what is it now 5 games without a win?

Three games including the cup.

outspoken
11/09/2011, 1:32 PM
sure theyve lost half their squad, all the limerick boys moved back home in time for the junior season,

should be beating them by at least 2/3

has the striker that scored against us last time left them haven't seen him in a few weeks what's his name again Noel mcgee is it?

howsyourtouch
11/09/2011, 3:22 PM
has the striker that scored against us last time left them haven't seen him in a few weeks what's his name again Noel mcgee is it?

noel mcgee has been with athlone for years and years and years....

Martinho II
11/09/2011, 6:54 PM
noel mcgee was away for the year with st peters and is now back with athlone the last few weeks. another ex favourite of theirs has resigned for them and played with us under aaron callaghan Damien Rushe who was also with St Peters.

outspoken
11/09/2011, 8:52 PM
Must have been suspended or something for Cork game so. He is easilly their main threat we stop him from getting in we should stop Athlone from scoring and that should allow us too especially with Aussie back in the team (he is back isn't he)

Martinho II
13/09/2011, 9:58 AM
yeah I am confident that Aussie will be back as it was for accumulating too many bookings in the 1st place!

outspoken
17/09/2011, 9:45 PM
Who wants to start ?

Acornvilla
17/09/2011, 10:09 PM
http://sodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rabble.jpg

L.T.F.C.
17/09/2011, 10:30 PM
Who is that for? I choose everyone!

outspoken
18/09/2011, 8:42 AM
Had to be one of the worst performances and matches I have ever seen. Athlone were muck so for us to be even muckier is just a disgrace. We can blame the officials all we Want but we simply weren't good enough and I think last nights game shows how important Austin Skelly is. He did an injury in the dying moments of the warm up to his knee I think it was and it left us with a front 2 that were absoutely threatless. Now fair play to Jean he did try hard as he always does but he simply doesn't have the quality.

The 2nd goal was just a complete shambles I don't know what went on but some say it shouldn't have been a red card and that it should have been a free not a peno but hunty handeled outside the area to start with so that was red straight away before the referee played advantage and hunty pulled the athlone striker down who was just about to shoot so it's a red card all day long.

We defo should have had a peno but listen we simply wernt good enough and were gona get stuffed up in Monaghan especially if Aussie doesn't come back. We will finish 8th behind Waterford, Mervue and Athlone.

outspoken
18/09/2011, 8:44 AM
And the young lad that came in for Hunty deserves a mention fair play to him he did very well....nice to know I scored against him in under-19 training once haha

Martinho II
18/09/2011, 11:16 PM
it was a shambles on the pitch.. The young goalie that came on for hunty is young Cullen from near Ballinasloe Co Roscommon. He played for the under 19s in Sligo earlier today. He was chased by mervue and salthill and its a coup gettin him. I am not confident at all for the rest of the season and can see us droppin points even to salthill. the way we are playin at the moment I cant see us beatin 35 pts from last season and will drop down the table rapidly Im afraid.

outspoken
19/09/2011, 7:05 AM
it was a shambles on the pitch.. The young goalie that came on for hunty is young Cullen from near Ballinasloe Co Roscommon. He played for the under 19s in Sligo earlier today. He was chased by mervue and salthill and its a coup gettin him. I am not confident at all for the rest of the season and can see us droppin points even to salthill. the way we are playin at the
moment I cant see us beatin 35 pts from last season and will drop down the table rapidly Im afraid.

have to agree Martinho if we couldn't beat that awful Athlone side then there's no hope of beating many others I fear a heavy defeat in Monaghan but hopefully now that I've said that wel play similar to jackman park but I really really doubt it.

Cousins team selection on Saturday seemed to confuse alot of people he had a right back at left full and a midfielder at right back? He should have had dowling in his normal RHS position and play Gaz Cronnin at left back, Morley was fairly awful again compared to Crawley who did well when ge came on. Some say Walsh should have started but I would agree with Cousins on that one he's not having a great season so I'd leave him on bench for now.

outspoken
21/09/2011, 3:35 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6709/cousins-disappointed-refs-decisions/

Interesting comments from TC here. One would have to wonder how the FAI will react to it.....while hes not said anything overly wrong we all know how the FAIlure like to squeeze money out of people.

The Insider
21/09/2011, 6:09 PM
<a href="http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6709/cousins-disappointed-refs-decisions/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6709/cousins-disappointed-refs-decisions/</a><br />
<br />
Interesting comments from TC here. One would have to wonder how the FAI will react to it.....while hes not said anything overly wrong we all know how the FAIlure like to squeeze money out of people.<br />
<br />
Hes right in everything he said. We've been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions this yr & hes had enough, like a lot of us. Was talkin to someone who heard from a reliable source that the vid proved what a lot of people knew, Hunt barely touched McGee,it was outside the box & he dived in the box Crawley was taken out if it so we shouldve had a penalty & their player sent off.. Diff rules eh! Have to say away from those decisions Cousins got team selection wrong & Skelly was a massive loss..

outspoken
22/09/2011, 8:13 AM
<br />
<br />
Hes right in everything he said. We've been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions this yr & hes had enough, like a lot of us. Was talkin to someone who heard from a reliable source that the vid proved what a lot of people knew, Hunt barely touched McGee,it was outs
ide the box & he dived in the box Crawley was taken out if it so we shouldve had a penalty & their player sent off.. Diff rules eh! Have to say away from those decisions Cousins got team selection wrong & Skelly was a massive loss..

ye I totally agree with all of that but the fai might not

wullie
22/09/2011, 6:09 PM
ye I totally agree with all of that but the fai might not

Confused at to how you can agree to all that? as you stated in an earlier thread exactly what you thought happened?

"hunty handeled outside the area to start with so that was red straight away before the referee played advantage and hunty pulled the athlone striker down who was just about to shoot so it's a red card all day long."

outspoken
22/09/2011, 7:18 PM
I agree with the fact the referees have been awful to us all year and that the standard of officiating in the loi is simply not good enough and that something has to be done.

Hunty was going to get a red one way or another only question is wheter it was a peno or not it's since been proven it wasn't a spot kick but like I said red card all day long eithier way.

outspoken
22/09/2011, 7:47 PM
Interesting to note that phil cashcara will be the man in the middle tomorrow night.

Longfordian
22/09/2011, 8:02 PM
He's pure rubbish the fact that he's been reffing seven or eight years in the First Division without being promoted tells its own story.

The Insider
22/09/2011, 10:55 PM
I agree with the fact the referees have been awful to us all year and that the standard of officiating in the loi is simply not good enough and that something has to be done.

Hunty was going to get a red one way or another only question is wheter it was a peno or not it's since been proven it wasn't a spot kick but like I said red card all day long eithier way.

It was proven that Hunt barely touched him. Sure one of the Athlone boys near me thought McGee was getting booked for diving. The video proved that he went into the box and dived, eh wasnt the supposed crime committed outside the box. One of the guys I know was talking to a player and there was talk of actually trying to appeal Hunts sending off with video evidence but maybe the club knew the FAI wouldnt over rule it sure look at Deansy he gets a harsh red and the FAI give him a additional two game ban. That organisation is a joke.

Can't believe that pounce Caschera is doing the Monaghan game. I wonder will he keep up his trend and award Mons a penalty.. When I heard he was doing the game my mind was made up to leave work early and head to the game.

outspoken
23/09/2011, 6:56 AM
It was proven that Hunt barely touched him. Sure one of the Athlone boys near me thought McGee was getting booked for diving. The video proved that he went into the box and dived, eh wasnt the supposed crime committed outside the box. One of the guys I know was talking to a player and there was talk of actually trying to appeal Hunts sending off with video evidence but
maybe the club knew the FAI wouldnt over rule it sure look at Deansy he gets a harsh red and the FAI give him a additional two game ban. That organisation is a joke.

Can't believe that pounce Caschera is doing the Monaghan game. I wonder will he keep up his trend and award Mons a penalty.. When I heard he was doing the game my mind was made up to leave work early and head to the game.

ye I know it's since Been proven that it shouldn't of been a spot kick but it defo a red card for handling it outside the area that's all I'm saying, don't want to go into the game thinking cashcara will pull a fast one so I'm going to try and not to :)

Anybody know what the keeper situation is? Young Noel Cullen didn't play for under-19's on sunday so was that to rest him for tonight or is rouse gona be ok?

The Insider
23/09/2011, 8:16 AM
ye I know it's since Been proven that it shouldn't of been a spot kick but it defo a red card for handling it outside the area that's all I'm saying, don't want to go into the game thinking cashcara will pull a fast one so I'm going to try and not to :)

Anybody know what the keeper situation is? Young Noel Cullen didn't play for under-19's on sunday so was that to rest him for tonight or is rouse gona be ok?

Hunt was sent off for being last man (even though he barely touched McGee), there was never talk of him handling outside the area.. If he did dont you think people wouldve accepted the red card..

Dont know what the story with a keeper for tonight, someone told me that Rouse could be ok but this is second hand. Heard Dowling is out which is going to really stretch the defence. I'll go in hope but worried about how the game will go..

outspoken
23/09/2011, 4:02 PM
Hunt was sent off for being last man (even though he barely touched McGee), there was never talk of him handling outside the area.. If he did dont you think people wouldve accepted the red card..

Dont know what the story with a keeper for tonight, someone told me that Rouse could be ok but this is second hand. Heard Dowling is out which is going to really stretch
the defence. I'll go in hope but worried about how the game will go..

we will move on from the hunty situation for now, that's terrible news about Dowling don't know what TC will do now were more than likely gona have players out of position so like yourself i live in hood buy fear a good owld beating from a side that simply can't drop points between now and seasons end.