thecorner
09/07/2004, 10:09 PM
ive seen a pic page here before

would be great if it was in the menu and if we could upload pics to it

overr to you adam

liam88
09/07/2004, 10:27 PM
I'd be up for that :D
I'm guessing that there isn't a function you can enable to put pictures into posts in any forum so that people can comment on them?

I understand tat this could cause trouble-seen it on other forums before with photos of members/paintshop editings etc.

But I reckon a picture page would limit this as it would be easier to moderate being just one page as opposed to unlimited threads across the boards

A face
16/07/2004, 9:38 PM
Bandwidth is a big factor here lads i'd say, ... there is huge traffic during the day. Some evenings there are 30+ members ... adding pics in there would be huge numbers i'd say.

dahamsta
16/07/2004, 9:51 PM
I had PhotoPost running on the site for a while, but I left it go because meself and James never got around to organising it. I've honestly thought about creating a photo posting forum, but these days I'd be disinclined for the reason face outlined.

Foot.ie is indeed a pretty busy site, averaging 11.5k page views a day (or 350k a month), and there's another site on the server that runs about 45k/day or 1.5m/month. However Foot.ie pages are very heavy, so Foot.ie actually uses more bandwidth than the other site.

I'll consider it, but not now. We're too far into the season now.

adam

James
20/07/2004, 8:56 AM
adam

got more time on me hands now and broadband net on the way at home
how bouts a gallery page for european oddessey tour pictures and then limit the number of pics to be submitted or summit

can help out where needed

- james

max power
20/07/2004, 9:07 AM
james i notice you haven't put sundays result on your sig :rolleyes: typical cork, selective memory........

James
20/07/2004, 9:26 AM
done
still catching up from rebel army invasion of france like