PDA

View Full Version : Liam Kearney selected as Eircom player of the month for June

eoinh
09/07/2004, 6:45 PM
The Conna Maradonna gets due recognition (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=13397&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

Gary
09/07/2004, 6:51 PM
He had hoped to join Bohemians but, after a trial, was not offered a contract.

I dont think that is 100% true. I know he had a trial, but I thought City offered him a contract first. One way or the other, i think we are now finally seeing what he is capable of, after a slow start.

Counting Crow
09/07/2004, 7:43 PM
Perfect timing.

What a great boost to his confidence just leading up to Sunday's game.

Delighted for the youngster.

thecorner
09/07/2004, 8:09 PM
the "eircom league" player of the month barely played in the eircom league in june :D

adamcarr
09/07/2004, 10:29 PM
Congrats to Liam. But Im quite suprised! :confused:

kevincronin2000
09/07/2004, 10:32 PM
WHY?
O. Kay maybe danny murphy

thecorner
09/07/2004, 10:41 PM
WHY?
O. Kay maybe danny murphy

or colin o brien

Breifne
09/07/2004, 11:47 PM

Fair play to Cork's recent string of european success, but I think that Gary O'Neill was well worth a shot at last month. Four goals, I think if he had been playing for Cork, Shels or Bohs he would have gotten some recognition.

Hope you finish off the Dutch and progress to the next stage of the Inter Toto. It is great for the League, and I hope that all of the team in european action over the next two / three weeks manage to bring home the bacon, metaphorically speaking of course.

Storysham
10/07/2004, 2:01 AM
So doesnt deserve it, but anyway, danny was my player of the month/ week/ season. Kearney has still to prove his worth.

Counting Crow
10/07/2004, 8:34 AM
Kearney has been superb all month ( although not in the Eircom League as Corner said :D ).
They way he fought back into the team and his overall play has been inspiring IMO.

Delighted for him.

However, I think Colin T and Danny Murphy are knocking on the door of similar awards.

My player of the season so far has to be Colin T for his overall contribution and consistency. Not spectacular but irriplacable at the moment. Gamble gonna have trouble getting on the pitch with Colin in such good form.

When do they vote for European Player of the month? ;) :D

Éanna
10/07/2004, 10:07 AM
Kearney has been superb all month ( although not in the Eircom League as Corner said :D ).
They way he fought back into the team and his overall play has been inspiring IMO.

Delighted for him.

However, I think Colin T and Danny Murphy are knocking on the door of similar awards.

My player of the season so far has to be Colin T for his overall contribution and consistency. Not spectacular but irriplacable at the moment. Gamble gonna have trouble getting on the pitch with Colin in such good form.

spot on CC. couldn't agree more