PDA

View Full Version : Weekend of September 11th latest

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr A
09/09/2011, 6:58 PM
Galway lead Dundalk!

oriel
09/09/2011, 7:02 PM
10/1 looking a bit of value now perhaps ?

MeathDrog
09/09/2011, 7:03 PM
Galway now 13/5, dundalk still 5/6.

Mr A
09/09/2011, 7:09 PM
Monaghan lead, as do UCD

Mr A
09/09/2011, 7:12 PM
Rumours that Sean Connor will step down tonight.

MeathDrog
09/09/2011, 7:25 PM
Dundalk equalise.

Gorm agus Bán
09/09/2011, 7:28 PM
Monaghan 2-0 up

fbtn
09/09/2011, 7:28 PM
Does anyone know if the Rovers V Sligo game is on live on the telly?

culloty82
09/09/2011, 8:13 PM
No, Celtic League on RTE2, Serie A on Setanta.

dancinpants
09/09/2011, 8:19 PM
Chance after chance for Derry...UCD hanging on somehow. :mad:

dancinpants
09/09/2011, 8:20 PM
1-1 :)

culloty82
09/09/2011, 8:25 PM
Dundalk take the lead - Galway had only another 10 minutes to hold out. 2-2 now, on the brink of their first point since April?

dancinpants
09/09/2011, 8:32 PM
City 2-1

freewheel30
09/09/2011, 8:34 PM
2-2 at Terryland

MeathDrog
09/09/2011, 8:36 PM
Sligo equalise..

thischarmingman
09/09/2011, 8:49 PM
Sligo 2-1 up/

gufc2000
09/09/2011, 8:50 PM
Finally the pain is over...a first point since April.

Alan Murphy only four goals off becoming our record goalscorer Ski McGee. Be great to pick up a few points between now and the play-off, just to get the confidence going

Longfordian
09/09/2011, 9:01 PM
Galway would pick the only time I back their opponents to finally get a point! Had Dundalk in a treble with Pats and over 2.5 goals in Mons/Salthill. Still my other small accumulator came in. Lims, Derry, Bohs, Shels, Monaghan half time/full time.

gormacha
09/09/2011, 10:00 PM
Just in from the Waterford/harps game. Least said soonest mended.

I see things just got interesting at the top of the PD. Is there a story to the Shams sending off and the late Sligo goal? I hope so. I love a bit of intrigue, and let me assure you, there was none at the RSC tonight.

gufc2000
09/09/2011, 10:00 PM
RTE reporting that a compensation package has been agreed between GUFC and Sean Connor. Gary Kelly (local fella on GBFM) has also said on twitter that Sean has resigned

Dave_SRFC
09/09/2011, 10:03 PM
Just in from the Waterford/harps game. Least said soonest mended.

I see things just got interesting at the top of the PD. Is there a story to the Shams sending off and the late Sligo goal? I hope so. I love a bit of intrigue, and let me assure you, there was none at the RSC tonight.

Nah no incidents at the Rovers Sligo game,

Mr Maroon
09/09/2011, 10:10 PM
A good night here for more than one reason. :)

SwanVsDalton
09/09/2011, 10:47 PM
Two 2-1 turnarounds to keep the dream alive. This is the season that keeps on giving.

dfx-
09/09/2011, 10:58 PM
Sligo well deserved three points, red cards irrespective.

I'll keep quiet on my thoughts about Damien Hancock despite my better judgement. I'll leave it at: I'd rather a blind man who is on the take refereeing the game than him. Going back 13 years and the goal-in-the-hole in Oriel.

dong
09/09/2011, 11:18 PM
What a change to get something from Tallaght. Looked like it was going to be more of the same after Twigg's goal. Delighted we've at least kept it alive.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/09/2011, 11:39 PM
Thought we'd messed it up by missing so many chances. Hanging in there now somehow. Really good game I thought. Hancock really hasn't a clue but Sullivan was just stupid. And could be in more trouble for his reaction. Kellys tackle was the same as Ventres. Yellow card and that was it. Sure Hancock changed his mind a few times before deciding which pocket to take the card from.

SkStu
09/09/2011, 11:41 PM
Nah no incidents at the Rovers Sligo game,

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF765/557092.jpg

how can 2 Sligo Rovers players clearly turning into zombies be classified as "no incident"? Baffling. :)

RahenyBohs
09/09/2011, 11:56 PM
Great Bohs winning and I'm glad to see the scum didn't get a late goal:) Title race back on.

dfx-
10/09/2011, 12:03 AM
What a change to get something from Tallaght. Looked like it was going to be more of the same after Twigg's goal. Delighted we've at least kept it alive.

Doyle's conversion of chances to goals must be infinitesimally small.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
10/09/2011, 12:12 AM
Doyle's conversion of chances to goals must be infinitesimally small.

And Blinkhorns is worse. If only we had Tiwgg.

Terry
10/09/2011, 12:47 AM
OFFICIAL

Sean Connor has left Galway United after agreeing to a compensation package with the club.

JC_GUFC
10/09/2011, 12:52 AM
OFFICIAL

Sean Connor has left Galway United after agreeing to a compensation package with the club.

How much did he pay us?

osarusan
10/09/2011, 12:56 AM
Is this list of Waterford bookings correct?

Michael Coady - Yellow Card (29)
Seamus Long - Yellow Card (43)
Adam McSherry - Yellow Card (44)
Paul Murphy - Yellow Card (44
Paul Carey - Yellow Card (45)
Paul Murphy - Yellow Card (74)
Michael Coady - Red Card (87)
David Breen - Yellow Card (87)

No real reason for asking, just wondering about Paul Murphy, and how there were so many yellows?

1st time post
10/09/2011, 12:57 AM
Really was impressed with our first half in Tallaght, best we played in a while and couldnt believe we didnt go in at least 1 up. Second half Shams came out and for first 15 minutes were the better team including a Clarke wondersave(or at least it appeaered from where i was). Then came a few minutes of absolute madness. If was o neill irrespective of wondergoals in Europe i would fine Pat Sullivan 2 weeks wages for what he did as it was absolute stupidity when on a yellow. Game seemed to be ours for the taking and then Bang Twigg. Funny until we equalised it was probably our worst period of the game though Blinkhorn missed a couple of good chances but was some goal from Russell to get us back in it. Not sure about Flynns tackle but it looked bad from where i was and a couple of Shams lads i was chatting to on way out reckoned it was a definite red. Then of course a 92nd minute winner,pandomonium. Am glad we have kept the thing alive for us and Shams gonna find it difficult with suspensions , games and inevitable injuries that follow. Looking at the fixtures if Derry win all their home games they gonna be tough stopped.

sullanefc
10/09/2011, 1:21 AM
OFFICIAL

Bowed out on a "high" note then?? Who is going to take over?

Candystripe
10/09/2011, 4:27 AM
. Looking at the fixtures if Derry win all their home games they gonna be tough stopped.

That was some night which opened up the league race.

Our remaining home games are Drogheda,Galway,Bray and Bohs on the final day.

Very hard away games with Shams,Dundalk and Pats.

It showed tonight that no games can be taken for granted as we made it hard for ourselfs against UCD. It did feel only a matter of time before we would score as we missed so many chances.A massive roar went up when the score was 1-1 when the score from Tallaght (1-1) came across the big screen and seemed to make the Derry players try even harder.

All to play for now with four teams still in it.

Dave_SRFC
10/09/2011, 6:52 AM
[QUOTE=SkStu;1531675]http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF765/557092.jpg

how can 2 Sligo Rovers players clearly turning into zombies be classified as "no incident"? Baffling. :)[/
Were you there were you?
Sligo players avoid celebrating in front of their own fans and instead run over to east stand one player takes his top off Richie Ryan throws his arms in the air towards the Rovers fans resembling a football casual, cue morons throwing stuff in the pitch...that picture is hilarious though as nothing fookin hit him...him feigning an injury over it is nearly as bad as celebrating in front of the East stand...

Dave_SRFC
10/09/2011, 6:53 AM
Cue Bohs fans moaning about Twigg celebrating in front them...

bullit
10/09/2011, 7:11 AM
Cue the usual srfc v srfc bitchfest part ivvvvv.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
10/09/2011, 8:11 AM
[QUOTE=SkStu;1531675]http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF765/557092.jpg

how can 2 Sligo Rovers players clearly turning into zombies be classified as "no incident"? Baffling. :)[/
Were you there were you?
Sligo players avoid celebrating in front of their own fans and instead run over to east stand one player takes his top off Richie Ryan throws his arms in the air towards the Rovers fans resembling a football casual, cue morons throwing stuff in the pitch...that picture is hilarious though as nothing fookin hit him...him feigning an injury over it is nearly as bad as celebrating in front of the East stand...

What's even funnier is that that isn't Richie Ryan in the picture.

Some of the team were over with Ndo beside the Rovers fans as he has crossed from in front of us some of the team were over with Dillon who naturally wheeled away that side as that was the side he scored from. But of course its our fault there was so many bottles thrown on the pitch.

gormacha
10/09/2011, 8:36 AM
[QUOTE=osarusan;1531689]Is this list of Waterford bookings correct?

The list is correct, but it wasn't a dirty game at all. Sean Grant lost the run of himself. You know those games where the bar is set too low for a booking, and then they start to rack up after that. Taken individually, I think an argument could be made for each yellow, but equally you could argue against many of them. Many were marginal, and none were really nasty.

Even as a Blues' supporter, I would have little problem with Coady's two yellows, and I thought he was lucky to get away with another earlier booking. Breen managed to get booked whilst on the bench, I think for mouthing off when Coady saw red.

I don't recall Murphy's booking. He was anonymous during the game as well. Him and pretty much the entire Waterford team, who look like they'd prefer if the season was over.

MagicMon
10/09/2011, 8:53 AM
3-0 should have been 8-0 if Fabio had his shooting boots on, he had a Ronny Rosenthal level miss in the 2nd half from about 18 inches out and I hope we're not cursing that come the end of the season for the goal difference. I got the feeling that the players were trying to showboat a bit too much the sort of way that they wouldn't chance against a Shels or Cork. That said, you can't complain too much about a 3-0 win and the second goal was beautiful- Brennan running from well inside the Monaghan half, dribbing past pretty much all of the Salthill team and then a lovely strike from Foley.

Special mention for the Salthill player that got sent off for grabbing Eric Foley's ankle rugby-style

avvenalaf
10/09/2011, 9:02 AM
Bowed out on a "high" note then?? Who is going to take over?

Don't know but it's no co-incidence that Bishop Eamonn Casey said, last week, that he wanted to say mass again.

born2bwild
10/09/2011, 9:20 AM
First weekend since June 11th that Galway United haven't had the worst result of the 3 Galway teams.

Good win for Shels at Fahy's field last night - Mervue played well, though. Had one or two really clear cut chances. That winger - Etandu Ekololo - looks really handy.

EDIT: sorry, rechecked results - it's actually June 11th since Galway Utd got the 'least bad' result of the Galway teams. (not playing being better than losing, for example)

El-Pietro
10/09/2011, 9:28 AM
Finally the pain is over...a first point since April.

Alan Murphy only four goals off becoming our record goalscorer Ski McGee. Be great to pick up a few points between now and the play-off, just to get the confidence going
wait, you are saying, that if he scores 4 goals. he becomes Ski? Does he have to manage Salthill as well?

pineapple stu
10/09/2011, 10:05 AM
Decent game in the Brandywell last night. We scored a super early goal and took the game to Derry in a way that didn't really suggest we'd lost 6-0 to Rovers four days before. Derry were poor - shocking ball retention - but once they got going, the game turned into something like Russia v Ireland, with Ger Barron in the role of Richie Dunne - some quite stunning saves. We could - should - have re-taken the lead after Derry equalised but they basically walked the ball into the net with five minutes to go. Was a bit strange hearing and seeing the wildly ecstatic reaction of the Derry fans and the bench and realising that there's still a season being played by some teams; I've become so used to being so far clear of Galway and so far behind everyone else that the season doesn't matter. :)

Be a bit worried about Monday's game against Galway now - Galway maybe on a bit of a high, us not very good and going into a fourth game in eight days. Not that it really matters though.

Sean South
10/09/2011, 10:13 AM
Shams were fans throwing coins and bottles and spitting at Rovers players.

born2bwild
10/09/2011, 10:16 AM
Call the cops.

Olander
10/09/2011, 10:17 AM
Shocking, I don't even want to know what they did to Sligo's players!

BonnieShels
10/09/2011, 10:27 AM
Decent game in the Brandywell last night. We scored a super early goal and took the game to Derry in a way that didn't really suggest we'd lost 6-0 to Rovers four days before. Derry were poor - shocking ball retention - but once they got going, the game turned into something like Russia v Ireland, with Ger Barron in the role of Richie Dunne - some quite stunning saves. We could - should - have re-taken the lead after Derry equalised but they basically walked the ball into the net with five minutes to go. Was a bit strange hearing and seeing the wildly ecstatic reaction of the Derry fans and the bench and realising that there's still a season being played by some teams; I've become so used to being so far clear of Galway and so far behind everyone else that the season doesn't matter. :)

Be a bit worried about Monday's game against Galway now - Galway maybe on a bit of a high, us not very good and going into a fourth game in eight days. Not that it really matters though.

There's that optimism we know and love. ;)