PDA

View Full Version : Right, what time is this game on tonight?

legendz
09/09/2011, 12:31 PM
What time is K.O. and the ticket price, vs Longford?

redron
09/09/2011, 12:37 PM

You should get yourself onto the internet and check the Limerick FC website. They usually have that sort of information there...

http://www.limerickfc.ie/fixtures/firstdivision.html
http://www.limerickfc.ie/tickets

bluewhitearmy
09/09/2011, 12:37 PM
Kick off is 7:45.

Only ticket price i know is €10 for student stand.

harpin
09/09/2011, 12:57 PM

Presuming you're an adult 12 for the stand and 10 for the terrace

Lim till i die
09/09/2011, 12:57 PM
There's a game tonight?! :eek:

harpin
09/09/2011, 1:04 PM
There's a game tonight?! :eek:

Unfortunately

legendz
09/09/2011, 1:05 PM
12 yo-yos, grand job.

bluewhitearmy
09/09/2011, 1:05 PM
Unfortunately

:eek: Still in it though really only 3 behind Cork with 7 to go.

harpin
09/09/2011, 1:29 PM
:eek: Still in it though really only 3 behind Cork with 7 to go.

Really wish I had your optimism:(

bluewhitearmy
09/09/2011, 1:33 PM
Really wish I had your optimism:(

Well if we win tonight next week is massive if we could manage to win the next 2 Mons could do us a favour against Cork.

3 points isnt a lot to make up in 7 games if we can get our act together. My only worry would be if the manager sticks to a system that clearly doesnt work and picking people out of position.

Al still to play for and its been ages since we were still in with any hope at this stage of the season so may aswell enjoy it.

Jofspring
09/09/2011, 3:12 PM
Mons still have to play us, Cork and Shels, plenty of opportunity to drop points there. We have Mons away and Shels away, going by the way we usually play at home we are better off having them away.

I still can't see us getting promoted but all we can try do is pick up every point available and let the other teams worry about themselves.

Cowan is a big loss to Longford but tonight is going to be very tricky.

LFC Blue
09/09/2011, 9:00 PM
Behan keeps us in the race with last gasp winner. This could prove to be the 3 points that make all the difference.Hopefully Athlone can do us a favour tomorrow night.

Jofspring
09/09/2011, 9:07 PM
Poor performance but the way the players celebrated the goal and the final whistle it looks like the boost they needed.

thomas72
09/09/2011, 9:22 PM
Scully hasn't a clue longford down to ten men with 15mins to go and he keeps four at the back.

harpin
09/09/2011, 9:28 PM
Scully hasn't a clue longford down to ten men with 15mins to go and he keeps four at the back.

And they still should have scored.....but great feeling to get last minute winner...players and bench reaction was great...feeling the pressure though

Jofspring
09/09/2011, 9:37 PM

It baffles me though how three coaches struggle to make changes off the cuff when needs be not just Scully on his own.

abbeyvale
09/09/2011, 11:04 PM
It baffles me though how three coaches struggle to make changes off the cuff when needs be not just Scully on his own.

Lads, lets not paper over the cracks here, Limerick were very poor again tonight versus a very average Longford side, that were down to 10 men for the last 15mins of the game, where the manager didnt even consider changing formation...........if Gaffneys cross hadnt been deflected on to Behan at the back post, the game would have finished 0-0, so LFC got a bit of luck, but lets call a spade a spade, these performances are no where near good enough to go up.

abbeyvale
09/09/2011, 11:10 PM
League Table
1 Shelbourne 23 19 2 2 49 / 16 59
2 Monaghan United 23 15 5 3 43 / 20 50
3 Cork City 23 13 9 1 46 / 20 48
4 Limerick 24 14 6 4 33 / 20 48
5 Longford Town 24 10 3 11 30 / 30 33
6 Waterford United 23 9 3 11 27 / 22 30
7 Mervue United 24 8 4 12 32 / 37 28
8 Athlone Town 23 7 4 12 15 / 32 25
9 Finn Harps 24 6 5 13 20 / 29 23
10 Wexford Youths 23 3 1 19 20 / 47 10
11 Salthill Devon 24 2 4 18 13 / 55 10
Last updated: 9 Sep 2011

Fixtures
10 Sep 2011 Athlone Town 7:45 Cork City Athlone Town Stadium
16 Sep 2011 Cork City 7:45 Monaghan United Turner's Cross
16 Sep 2011 Wexford Youths 8:00 Mervue United Ferrycarrig Park
17 Sep 2011 Salthill Devon 7:00 Waterford United Drom Soccer Pitch
17 Sep 2011 Longford Town 7:30 Athlone Town Flancare Park

Lads, just a quick question for ye, does the goal difference come into play if teams are level on points or is it how you got on during the season versus the team your level on points with?

Also, who do 3rd place in div 1 play in the play off, is it last or 2nd last in Prem?

bluewhitearmy
09/09/2011, 11:11 PM
Lads, lets not paper over the cracks here, Limerick were very poor again tonight versus a very average Longford side, that were down to 10 men for the last 15mins of the game, where the manager didnt even consider changing formation...........if Gaffneys cross hadnt been deflected on to Behan at the back post, the game would have finished 0-0, so LFC got a bit of luck, but lets call a spade a spade, these performances are no where near good enough to go up.

Any performance that gets you 3 points is good enough surely?
We were not good we got lucky has happened to all the teams ahead of us so im happy to take the points.

Hopefully that will give the players a boost and they can lift it for the last 6 Scully still hasnt a clue though even if we get up id rather get someone else in.

harpin
09/09/2011, 11:25 PM

Longford were well organised there wasn't much football played by both sides but Limerick were the better team...the manager and his formations is a different thread, the only hope now is to hope this formation picks up the points away from home....at home he has never went for it and was pretty quiet again this evening

Jofspring
10/09/2011, 12:46 AM

Ya I think it was clear for everyone the performance was shocking, certainly no cracks being papered over here.

If we perform like we did tonight against Shels and Mons we will be beaten.

Over the whole season we have had some pretty shocking performances but have managed to stay in touching distance. We have only lost 4 all season which when you think about it is fantastic. Most years that would have you at the top. I can't remember a performance at home this season where I've said we look very strong. The only time I have seen the team this season where I thought we looked good enough to win it or get automatically promoted was the first half up in Tolka and when we beat Mervue handy in Fahys Field. Barr that I have nearly always been disappointed with our performances. I wasn't at Mons but seemingly we played them off the park up there also.

A lot of people are saying we should be walking the division with the team we have but people easily forget Cork, Mons and Shels have assembled very good teams also.

To answer your question about the goal difference abbeyvale, I'm pretty sure it will come down to goal difference. We need to finish ahead of Cork or Mons, we can't afford to finish level on points with them.

El-Pietro
10/09/2011, 12:33 PM
our game against Monaghan is on October 4th. We have St. Pats in the cup next Friday

Jofspring
10/09/2011, 8:33 PM
Athlone 0-7 Cork, latest. If this season comes down to goal difference we are screwed.

bluewhitearmy
10/09/2011, 10:18 PM
Athlone 0-7 Cork, latest. If this season comes down to goal difference we are screwed.

We were screwed if it came down to goal difference before tonight anyway so doesn't change much. Athlone are a shambles.

AlanOB
11/09/2011, 2:58 PM
I wouldn't necessarily be as critical of the performance on Friday as some here are.

Having been at every home league game this season, there was a vast difference between the way the side set up against Longford compared to previous games.

An attacking 4-2-3-1 with a high defensive line, inside forwards and full backs overlapping is a far cry from the negative, narrow, defensive 4-3-1-2 that we were "treated" to for most of the year.

Now obviously Scully is shutting the door when the horse has already bolted to a large extent. He might as well throw caution to the wind now. But still, I felt we did well and were unlucky not to score until the 93rd minute.

I'd have some question marks over the shape. I didn't feel Tracy was entirely comfortable on the opposite flank cutting in, but of course Gaffney loves to do this on the left. And Tracy's movement allowed Kelly to bomb on. I also still feel Behan works better with a partner. Quinn was playing in the hole but rarely linked up with him. Brosnan on the other hand seems to be a natural foil for Denis, and deserves a chance. An attacking 4-2-4 at home would best suit our players I feel.

da bishop
11/09/2011, 4:24 PM
of course athlone are a shambles 9 or 10 second rate limerick players[colbert aside and he,s gone] and a manager who,s record is dubious to say the least.as for us hard to watch our efforts friday night the constant lumping of ball aimlessly up the pitch despite the quality we have leaves nothing but questions about our approach.the tactics employed are akin to playing away and it was only when judge and brosnan came on that we looked like we were at home,lets not forget longford should have scored when down to ten[did not think it was a sending off btw] and our goal down to a deflected cross,players playing well below themselves e.g gaffney,gamble.........BUT.....its a great result.

bluewhitearmy
11/09/2011, 4:32 PM
of course athlone are a shambles 9 or 10 second rate limerick players[colbert aside and he,s gone] and a manager who,s record is dubious to say the least.as for us hard to watch our efforts friday night the constant lumping of ball aimlessly up the pitch despite the quality we have leaves nothing but questions about our approach.the tactics employed are akin to playing away and it was only when judge and brosnan came on that we looked like we were at home,lets not forget longford should have scored when down to ten[did not think it was a sending off btw] and our goal down to a deflected cross,players playing well below themselves e.g gaffney,gamble.........BUT.....its a great result.

I didnt either but i was told by something in front of it that the Longford player stamped on Brosnan i think it was on the ground.
Dont think Gaffney has been anywhere near as good as he can be since joining us but i think thats because of where he is being played.

Jofspring
11/09/2011, 4:59 PM
I didnt either but i was told by something in front of it that the Longford player stamped on Brosnan i think it was on the ground.
Dont think Gaffney has been anywhere near as good as he can be since joining us but i think thats because of where he is being played.

I was right in front of the incident and it looked like brosnan was catch on the way to the ground so very hard to say if it was intentional. A yellow probably would have sufficed. Cousins should have been sent off though for the way he screamed in the 4th officials face over and over and then at the end of the game.

I feel Brosnan made the bit of luck for the cross when he chased a lost caused to keep the ball in for Gaffney, also we got that bit of luck with the deflection just like salthill did for their goal against us, iit took a deflection when their centre back cracked it.

Martinho II
11/09/2011, 8:32 PM
lads gutted with our result. I thought we made it hard for ye. Chris Deans didnt deserve to be sent off he should have got at least a yellow card. I believe there were words between scully and cousins over the incident. Biansamba should have scored for us with that header. It was a peach of a cross from Gaffney I thought we were slow in reactin to it. How come Brian McCarthy and Peter Hynes werent playing?

sadloserkid
11/09/2011, 11:07 PM
Chris Deans didnt deserve to be sent off he should have got at least a yellow card.

Chris Deans is a moron at best and a scumbag at worst. He's always one badly thought out temper tantrum away from losing his cool. It beggars belief that he's your captain to be honest. He lost his cool at the game in Flancare with the few Limerick fans on the far side for reasons that still elude me. He's a classless, thoughtless barelywas and seeing him get his marching orders the other night was as inevitable as it was glorious.

Hynes is in and out of our team all year (more out than in to be honest) and Bambi McCarthy, while he's had his moments, has never looked overly safe in the centre of defence so while it was a minor surprise he didn't start the other night it wasn't up there with the more bizarre of Scully's selections over the season.

Martinho II
13/09/2011, 10:54 AM
Chris Deans is a moron at best and a scumbag at worst. He's always one badly thought out temper tantrum away from losing his cool. It beggars belief that he's your captain to be honest. He lost his cool at the game in Flancare with the few Limerick fans on the far side for reasons that still elude me. He's a classless, thoughtless barelywas and seeing him get his marching orders the other night was as inevitable as it was glorious.

Hynes is in and out of our team all year (more out than in to be honest) and Bambi McCarthy, while he's had his moments, has never looked overly safe in the centre of defence so while it was a minor surprise he didn't start the other night it wasn't up there with the more bizarre of Scully's selections over the season.

know where u r cumin from sadloserkid I am not expectin Deans to stay at the end of the season.. I think he is a good defender and on too many occasions he gets involved in altercations.. I think he is passionate but he doenst channel it enough.. cheers for the info on the two lads it was a little disappointin that Bambi didnt play as I had great time for him when he was with us..

sadloserkid
13/09/2011, 10:27 PM
cheers for the info on the two lads it was a little disappointin that Bambi didnt play as I had great time for him when he was with us..

He comes across as a smashing lad to be fair to him. Still not totally sold on him as a player (though he's scored a couple of nice goals).

Martinho II
13/09/2011, 10:38 PM
He comes across as a smashing lad to be fair to him. Still not totally sold on him as a player (though he's scored a couple of nice goals). bambi in his only season with us was very close to winnin player of the year the only reason he didnt get it was he got too many yellow cards.. does he still get booked a lot or has he calmed down?

Lim till i die
13/09/2011, 11:40 PM
He is timid to the point where you feel like yelling "Stop being so feckin timd!!"

sadloserkid
14/09/2011, 1:09 PM
He is timid to the point where you feel like yelling "Stop being so feckin timd!!"

Except he's far too quiet to yell at.