PDA

View Full Version : Minute’s Silence

Magnum
09/07/2004, 2:50 PM
I believe the dead should be respected and honoured, but has it struck anyone that City seem to have an inordinate amount of them. On quiet a few occasions the players have gathered in the centre circle and the minute's silence has commenced without any announcement as to who has actually died. It feels awkward. It also tends to deflate the crowd a bit.

Minutes Silence if the person has a connection with the club or the person is local and the circumstances are particularly tragic. And could the announcer please inform the crowd who the person is beforehand.

(Beat this, hands up any City Fan who saw Terry Mcdermott play for City and was also there when Woods got the goal againts Bohs out in Bishopstown)

thecorner
09/07/2004, 2:59 PM
where is this after coming from?????????????????

Snatch
09/07/2004, 3:09 PM
(Beat this, hands up any City Fan who saw Terry Mcdermott play for City and was also there when Woods got the goal againts Bohs out in Bishopstown)[/QUOTE]

Beat what? Maybe you only went to two games!! :confused:

Are you trying to make a dramatic entrance onto the forum?

yiddo
09/07/2004, 4:04 PM
At a game a few weeks back someone said that to me about the minutes silences becoming a regular feature. Never thought about it until then ! If you look over the whole season I suppose you'd have maybe 3 or 4 max ?

PS If you have to buy a pint for everyone on this board who remembers both Terry McDermott in City colours and Billy scoring in Bishopstown you'll be a poor man very quickly ;)

Magnum
09/07/2004, 5:26 PM
I have no problem with a minute's silence, but over the past couple of years I have stood maybe ten times for a minute's silence but have had no idea who I was standing for, and it's sort of awkward. People have turned to me and said 'who was that for' and I couldn't tell them. Announce beforehand who the person is.

As for Bishopstown and Mcdermott-hardly anybody was at the Bishopstown match. Although, I think I saw Moses doing a jig and screaming obscenities in front of the Boh's fans after the goal.

thecorner
09/07/2004, 5:38 PM
As for Bishopstown and Mcdermott-hardly anybody was at the Bishopstown match. .

does that make you city's biggest fan :rolleyes:

Frankie Sky
09/07/2004, 6:28 PM
If its causing Magnum a bit of bother showing respect for a"minutes silence"maybe he should go down to the shop and ask in sign language for a bottle of coke and sweets, to pass away the minute......sigh!!!!

Magnum
09/07/2004, 6:33 PM
No bother friend, I've stood up every time, I'd just like their names to be announced.

Pablo
09/07/2004, 6:37 PM
what a **** :rolleyes: