PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone one hear .....

A face
19/11/2001, 4:16 PM
Did anyone one hear that RTÉ are now making a soap opera similar to "Dream Team" but the sport surrounding the programme will be none other than the Irish game GAA.

Maybe it is to make up for Glenroe and it's demise.

Think of it .... The trials and tribulations running a GAA club, the highs and lows, the thrills and the spills, brown paper bags, extra marital activity and sheep, men in long trench coats and the young camoige team. The secert guild, and the golden hand shakes and dancing through fires on all hallows eve, chanting "Wearas de-cup-ala-quid fo-croker" It could have it all.

Oh yeah boys and girls, we are in for some treat this year on our screens .... yes sirey bob, it is all in store for us.

You heard it here first. !!!!

Sinéad
20/11/2001, 10:30 AM
Where have you been? Cork or somewhere? Heard that AGES ago! :p

Éanna
20/11/2001, 10:48 AM
ooooh nasty! sure why would anyone pay attention to whats on rte, for gods sake!

joe
20/11/2001, 10:50 AM
sure isn't that show set in some bogger, dub-wannabe county - Kildare or Longford or somewhere. they all look the same to me :D

Pauro 76
20/11/2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by joe
sure isn't that show set in some bogger, dub-wannabe county - Kildare or Longford or somewhere. they all look the same to me :D

Longford!!! Dub wannabe county????!! Ah-ha-ha-ha!!! Ive seen the show, come back Glenroe all is forgiven (nearly...)

Pauro 76
20/11/2001, 11:02 AM
And Christ they even play in purple like Harchester.......

A face
20/11/2001, 11:41 AM
Seriously lads, i have only heard this the other day, (Eanná has a point who does pay attention to RTÉ, or take it seriously anyway, dependable for crap programming only)

What is it called, and who is acting in it.
I bet it is crap !!

Actually, not to slate RTÉ altogether, i thought Bachelors Walk was a great show, pity it is now over.

Xlex
20/11/2001, 12:30 PM
Michéal Martin...I think was disappointed with the amount of smoking in it, he said it didn't reflect the majority of the Irish,so one of the main charactors is to give up the smokes in the next series.................. :D

Pauro 76
20/11/2001, 12:34 PM
On Home Ground its called, set in Kildare somewhere and Sean McGinley who was Da in the Snapper stars. Only seen a bit of it, but nothing really happens! Though i did hear of a subplot in it, when a girl fan had the clubs name tatooed on her arm, Kildoran i think its. Can u imagine anyone doing that for a GAA team! Bachelors Walk is quite good though, but as for the Cassidys, only God can save them!

Macy
20/11/2001, 1:09 PM
Sean McGinley who was Da in the Snapper stars
You sure it was the Snapper? I thought it was that series that was about the northsoide family, with each episode looking at from a different family members perspective, again by Roddy Doyle. Maybe wrong, but I'm usually right ;)

Pauro 76
20/11/2001, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by Macy

You sure it was the Snapper? I thought it was that series that was about the northsoide family, with each episode looking at from a different family members perspective, again by Roddy Doyle. Maybe wrong, but I'm usually right ;)

Feck you are right! just been onto one of the Dub workmates, it was indeed Colm Meaney who was da in the Snapper and that show Sean McGinley was in was "The Family". A big slice of humble pie for myself then!!! No make that the whole pie then... :D

Pauro 76
20/11/2001, 1:29 PM
Has Macy ever been wrong?????? Answers on a 50 quid note addressed to me then.... :cool: