PDA

View Full Version : Miller on United Move

Roo69
09/07/2004, 11:12 AM
Irish International midfielder Liam Miller has given his first official interview since completing his move from Celtic to Manchester United at the beginning of July this year.

The Corkman is delighted to finally be a Manchester United player, having signed a pre-contract agreement with the Reds in January, while remaining a Celtic player until July 1.

In an exclusive interview with Uniteds' Television Channel MUTV, Miller said:

"It's great really. I was looking forward to it but obviously I had a bit of time to go at Celtic but it's great to finally be here.

"I was just being professional and seeing it out, and looking forward to the new start really.

"It's going to be exciting here and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I can't wait to meet the lads. They're world class players. You can learn from them and I'm hopeful that I will.

"Playing for United will be a great feeling, having supported them as a boy."

Miller will also get the opportunity to link up with his fellow Irish Internastional colleagues John O'Shea and Roy Keane on a more regular basis.

Liam added:

"It was nice to meet Roy, and I knew John O'Shea already from the youth squads. It's nice to come here knowing a few people and have a few familiar faces.

"I'm looking forward to the games and also looking forward to training which starts back on Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things."

Miller – who has been capped 4 times at senior level for Ireland - will have an early chance to impress as United take on Bayern Munich, his former club Celtic and Milan on July 25, 29 and 31 respectively.

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Other&id=13386&viewstory=yes

carnstien
09/07/2004, 11:16 AM
Best of luck to young Miller, I think that no matter what people say he was not signed to warm the United bench and with their ammount of fixtures I can see him getting 20 games this season.