PDA

View Full Version : Willie Doyle

Roo69
09/07/2004, 10:33 AM
Absolutey great signing by Mahon ! but do you reckon UCD could sustain their title push if was out injuried for any period of time ? Martin has hit a very bad run of form so ya couldnt depend on him for goals, who would "try" and fill Doyles boots ? and do you reckon he'll be still there next season when you get promoted (along with us of course !)

Schumi
09/07/2004, 1:11 PM
do you reckon UCD could sustain their title push if was out injuried for any period of time ?It'd be hard against the likes of you and Harps but the bottom half of the division is quite $hit so I can't really see us struggling too much there even without Doyle. Against the top couple of teams, we'd find it more difficult to score but we've only conceded 2 goals in the five games against Bray, Harps and Kildare so that should be good enough to at least keep us in touch with them.

Martin has hit a very bad run of form so ya couldnt depend on him for goals, who would "try" and fill Doyles boots?The front two would be Robbie Martin and Pat McWalter. I reckon Robbie will come good soon and not having McWalter on the wing would be nice! We'd certainly score less but I still think it'd be good enough for comfortable promotion if more difficult to win it.

and do you reckon he'll be still there next season when you get promoted (along with us of course !)I think so, for a year anyway. I don't think a top premier team will come in for him after only one year playing first division opposition. Hopefully we'll have him for next season in the premier (and then another long court case when someone wants him :rolleyes: ).

Schumi
12/07/2004, 12:05 PM
First I've heard. I would have thought that Dolan had enough strikers!

pineapple stu
08/08/2004, 6:41 PM
Wille was injured for the game in Sligo...still won 2-1. Good sign!

pineapple stu
09/08/2004, 5:22 PM
Nope, he was injured according to the club anyways.

adamcarr
09/08/2004, 10:20 PM
First I've heard. I would have thought that Dolan had enough strikers!
Schumi, I like your Signature! :D