PDA

View Full Version : Shels drop more points

Counting Crow
08/07/2004, 9:51 PM
They really are poxed.

Scraped another draw .... this time 0-0 to Derry.

Still though, they're dropping points all over the shop, and they still have to start playing their European games.

If we can get maximum points from our 2 games on the Bank Holiday weekend ( vs, Waaaaaaterfoooord and Drogs ) we're laughing IMO.

A face
08/07/2004, 9:56 PM
Read here !! (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=15640)

sullanefc
09/07/2004, 12:59 AM
Lads the League is back in our hands. Shels are on 41 pts, City are on 27 pts. If we win our 3 games on hand then we are on 36 pts and if we beat them twice then its 42 pts. Again, its in our own hands, which we couldn't say a lot of the time this season. They're wobbling, we can take advantage. Lets hope our results better theirs from here on in.

The Sheliban
09/07/2004, 10:10 PM
Yes, you're right. I don't know why we bother. Hopefully we can hang on to second place.

sullanefc
10/07/2004, 1:50 AM
Yes, you're right. I don't know why we bother. Hopefully we can hang on to second place.

Ah now, don't be so pesimistic. With Bohs slipping up tonight ye have a good chance of hanging on to second place. :D

Storysham
10/07/2004, 2:07 AM
We nede to win our games in hand to be 5 points behind, tough call, after our euro exploits, which arent over yet.

sullanefc
10/07/2004, 2:24 AM
We nede to win our games in hand to be 5 points behind, tough call, after our euro exploits, which arent over yet.

Yeah but shels will have Euro expoloits as well. Be optimistic my friend. :)

Storysham
10/07/2004, 2:34 AM
i am optomistic, but thats a lot of points to make up, shels arent arsenal, not a hope of going the season unbeaten. after 3 weeks in europe we will be tired, but we need to win all the games in hand, not easy, not easy at all.

Counting Crow
10/07/2004, 8:11 AM
Agree with you Storysham - they haven't a hope of "going unbeaten all season".........

.......particularly as they've lost one game already. ;)

Good observation also, when you said "they aren't Arsenal"......... :rolleyes: Correct they're $hell$, - the boil on the ar$e of the Eircom League.

God, I 'm feeling particularly cynical this morning.

Getting agitated leading up to the big game. The sooner it comes around the better.... or I'll be fighting with everyone :D

The Sheliban
21/09/2004, 8:59 PM
Strange as it might appear, I think Cork would do better in Europe next year than most of the teams currently above them. Although they now face a struggle to get into Europe, they have European experience, which Drogs and Waterford both lack, and can probably raise their game when they feel like it. Seems like they lack a bit of motivation in the humdrum old league though?

thecorner
21/09/2004, 10:19 PM
must be feeling bored sheliban dragging up old threads :rolleyes: