PDA

View Full Version : Russia match is a 4pm kick off!!

tricky_colour
05/09/2011, 11:11 PM
I thought I would stick up a prominent thread in case anyone was unaware of this.
I only realised myself an hour or two ago!

CraftyToePoke
05/09/2011, 11:33 PM
Tell me about it ! After missing the Slovakia game the other day, (ended up following it on extratime.ie updates service on my phone), now, the only bar in the town where I live who show Ireland games have decided not to open in daytime anymore as there is no trade, they open at 4pm. So I have been on the phone today prepping them about the KO time and they assure me they have it in hand, but they wont, I just know it, there will be a stress fest as some muppet trys to tune some damn thing or other in, I can see it coming.

tricky_colour
06/09/2011, 12:03 AM
Yea well at least the pub is still open, quite a few near me have closed down (seems to have coincided with me cutting down on
my drinking - lol). I know three near me which have shut down, mind you one new one did open.

It's a lot easier for me to find a web stream than find a pub that is showing it.

Not sure if there are any Russian themed bars near me, which is a pity cos I could have got a gun and some drugs as well as watched the match. (surrounded by Russian criminals!!) :p

mypost
06/09/2011, 3:55 AM
I thought I would stick up a prominent thread in case anyone was unaware of this.
I only realised myself an hour or two ago!

Everyone should be aware of it by now. The 19:00 Local time is standard ko time for the Russians. Even going back to the last game there 8 years, 364 days ago.

theworm2345
06/09/2011, 5:20 AM
Match is in less than 10 hours, don't know why I thought I was going to sleep tonight anyway :(

TiocfaidhArmani
06/09/2011, 11:31 AM
Two hour holiday from work for this. Pain in the hole!

BonnieShels
06/09/2011, 12:36 PM
Two hour holiday from work for this. Pain in the hole!

But you got it so quit yer whinging.
Straight out the door at 4. Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!

tricky_colour
06/09/2011, 12:52 PM
Everyone should be aware of it by now. The 19:00 Local time is standard ko time for the Russians. Even going back to the last game there 8 years, 364 days ago.

Yea well I suppose it is a bit much to expect them to kick off an hour before midnight!!

I was just so used to 7.30pm kick offs I never really thought about it until recently.

We have a terrible record in Moscow, I wonder if the time zone switch confuses the players?

AlaskaFox
06/09/2011, 1:05 PM
Yea well I suppose it is a bit much to expect them to kick off an hour before midnight!!

I was just so used to 7.30pm kick offs I never really thought about it until recently.

We have a terrible record in Moscow, I wonder if the time zone switch confuses the players?

It shouldn't. They play their club games around the same time. But hopefully Duffer isn't staying up too late. :D

tricky_colour
06/09/2011, 1:18 PM
They don't play under flood lights at 3pm though.

tricky_colour
06/09/2011, 1:31 PM
Plus it is an artificial pitch too.

DannyInvincible
06/09/2011, 1:56 PM
It shouldn't. They play their club games around the same time. But hopefully Duffer isn't staying up too late. :D

Apparently, he couldn't sleep last night in anticipation. (http://twitter.com/#!/DamienDuff16) Is that even a genuine account?

AlaskaFox
06/09/2011, 2:05 PM
Apparently, he couldn't sleep last night in anticipation. (http://twitter.com/#!/DamienDuff16) Is that even a genuine account?

Would Duff ask this question?
"Anyone have any idea when the new Ipod touch 5g is released in the UK?"