PDA

View Full Version : Away to Monaghan!

bigfoot
08/07/2004, 3:26 PM
What d'ya think of the draw???

Krusty The Mon
13/07/2004, 6:00 PM
we couldn't have asked for better if we had been sticking our maws in the draw pot ourselves.

bigfoot
14/07/2004, 8:46 AM
Just wondering whats good about playing an in-form premier div team with one of the best strikers in the lge Krusty???

Breifne
14/07/2004, 9:31 AM
Just wondering whats good about playing an in-form premier div team with one of the best strikers in the lge Krusty???

My Thoughts exactly, seven points from our last four games, doesn't sound like a bad side, especially when you consider that six of those came from sides now competing in the UEFA Cup
4-2 V Bohemians
2-1 V Longford

lets just say Monaghan don't scare us, but I feel that the management and players will be giving the Ulster side the utmost respect, the Club could do with the financial reward of a decent cup run.

bigfoot
14/07/2004, 9:34 AM
the Club could do with the financial reward of a decent cup run.

What about the distraction of Premier survival???

Wat is more important in your view?

Sheridan
14/07/2004, 9:39 AM
Possibly the presence of seven or eight former Dublin City players in the Monaghan squad, which should give the game a bit of an edge. As for which is more important; staying in the Premier, of course.

Breifne
14/07/2004, 9:51 AM
I think i speak for everyone at the club, ninth place this season is the goal, the only goal of the season, and it is what we think is achievable. We face Waterford tomorrow evening in a vital league match, having already beaten them impressivelythis season, we will be looking to continue our current run of form, and close the gap to two points to Longford and Derry, with Pats a further point ahead, should we manage that, then we are one victory away from progression up the league table, we also have a game in hand, albeit against "European Superstars" Cork City, who I hope continue their fantastic run in Europe, and do the league the power of good.

I think we can stay up, signing of Barry Ryan has been a fantastic aquisition for the club, Brendan (Kennedy) and Robbie (Horgan) were both outstanding last year, but have failed to show the same kind of form, and signing Barry should bring some stability to our last line of defence, i think we can stay up