PDA

View Full Version : LOI Fixtures w/e 4/9/2011

Pages : 1 [2]

Mario
03/09/2011, 9:16 PM
Shamrock Rovers looking strong now. 2 clear, a game in hand and I think 6 of their remaining 9 games are at home.

Yep, round 4 has 5 homes for Rovers plus cancelled Bray game in Tallaght and first game of R4 was away, so 6 of last 9 games at home. Also the other 3 aways are Pats, UCD and Bray so 9 outta 9 on the southside of Dublin!

Both Sligo and Derry have to come to Tallaght again, big pressure on Sligo next week to get a result if they want to lift the league!

Mario

Charlie Darwin
03/09/2011, 9:23 PM
Also the other 3 aways are Pats, UCD and Bray so 9 outta 9 on the southside of Dublin!
How many did we get out of 9 against those teams in round 2?

PartySaint
03/09/2011, 10:16 PM
Very comfortable for us tonight, Sligo and Derry drawing makes it a very good day, Another huge game for us on Friday, If we can get a win out in Bray any result in Tallaght will be good for us!

legendz
03/09/2011, 10:41 PM
UCD 5 Drogheda 4

Wow, that is some result! Some high scoring in the Munster derby as well. High scoring at Inchicore as well but there isn't much surprise with that.

gael353
03/09/2011, 10:47 PM
Just home from the cork game after one of the slowest bus drivers ever :rolleyes: found gear in his automatic bus lol
the game great for a neutral loads of excitment but Jimmy McKell should not be reffing at this level. Totallly out of his debth and dare i suggest, crooked.
At one the stage the clonmel whistle blower had booked seven limerick players and given the most outragous peno that i have ever seen and hadnt even wagged his little finger in the direction of any cork player. Every 50/50 resulted in a free for a cork player or a yellow for a limerick player. McCarthy the lad on loan from sligo got 3 players booked for kicking the ball ahead and running into limerick players claiming to have been bodychecked.

The peno was the why i say McKell is crooked. A blatent dive by cummins with no contact as he booted the ball wide and fell to the floor and there was Jimmy standing on the pen spot pointing to the floor. He was going to give a peno no matter what happened hence his positioning. Non limerick fans (stewards and a garda) were all saying it was a disgraceful decision but shur we'll no doubt get jimmy for all our games from here on now.

Corks third goal was well taken but the second although it seemed to be a screamer by cummins was a slip by barry ryan in the limerick goal as the ball cruised past him on the ground. Two late bookings for cork players to try to say he was impartial wont cover the fact that Jimmy McKell is a crooked ref.

I see harps had Paul McLoughlin reffing yet another one of their games tonight. The Donegal born Derry city supporter, monaghan based garda must love reffing in harps. The standard of reffing leaves a bitter taste in this division

bullit
03/09/2011, 11:31 PM
For live matches,Airtricity and Setanta usualy give out Man of the match awards.So can anyone tell me who got the gongs today ??

hoops1
03/09/2011, 11:38 PM
Stephen Rice in Oriel

Lim till i die
04/09/2011, 12:30 AM
Jimmy McKell

As I said on our own forum handing out cards to our lads like snuff at a wake when there wasnt a bad tackle in the game

Penalty was disgraceful.

de bowez
04/09/2011, 12:39 AM
For live matches,Airtricity and Setanta usualy give out Man of the match awards.So can anyone tell me who got the gongs today ??

R. Ryan in the Sligo game.

dfx-
04/09/2011, 1:52 AM
Dundalk 1-2 Rovers

Always nice to type that, doesn't happen often enough. Brush, Patterson and Ricketts did very well. Twigg, McCabe and SOD had quiet games, but may we finally have found a penalty taker, he'll need to do it at the Car Park end..

Ezeikial
04/09/2011, 9:19 AM
Refereeing decisions were crucial to the result in Oriel Park and all the major ones fell Rovers way.

Quigley was denied a penalty for Dundalk in the first half, while Rovers got the decision for McHughs nudge on Kilduff. For what it is worth I thought they were both penos.

In the immediate build up to the first goal, it looked as though McHugh was fouled in an aerial challenge inside the Dundalk half and he lay injured as the play developed with Dennehy scoring. Only minutes later Rice was injured in an almost indentical spot and the ref stopped play, correctly in my view, for him to be treated before giving a hop ball.

These didn't appear to be a great consistency of interpretaions by the referee, but thems the breaks!

Ricketts was impressive and Paterson looked solid and particularly with the squad further strengthed it's hard to see Rovers getting caught in the title race now. Particularly if they get more kind decisions in the run-in.

Pablo Escobar
04/09/2011, 10:12 AM
Just home from the cork game after one of the slowest bus drivers ever :rolleyes: found gear in his automatic bus lol
the game great for a neutral loads of excitment but Jimmy McKell should not be reffing at this level. Totallly out of his debth and dare i suggest, crooked.
At one the stage the clonmel whistle blower had booked seven limerick players and given the most outragous peno that i have ever seen and hadnt even wagged his little finger in the direction of any cork player. Every 50/50 resulted in a free for a cork player or a yellow for a limerick player. McCarthy the lad on loan from sligo got 3 players booked for kicking the ball ahead and running into limerick players claiming to have been bodychecked.

The peno was the why i say McKell is crooked. A blatent dive by cummins with no contact as he booted the ball wide and fell to the floor and there was Jimmy standing on the pen spot pointing to the floor. He was going to give a peno no matter what happened hence his positioning. Non limerick fans (stewards and a garda) were all saying it was a disgraceful decision but shur we'll no doubt get jimmy for all our games from here on now.

Corks third goal was well taken but the second although it seemed to be a screamer by cummins was a slip by barry ryan in the limerick goal as the ball cruised past him on the ground. Two late bookings for cork players to try to say he was impartial wont cover the fact that Jimmy McKell is a crooked ref.

I see harps had Paul McLoughlin reffing yet another one of their games tonight. The Donegal born Derry city supporter, monaghan based garda must love reffing in harps. The standard of reffing leaves a bitter taste in this division

A slightly biased summary I must say. While I was too far away from the penalty to tell, apparently it wasn't one, so that's one. Cummins got no protection from the referee whatsoever. Daryl Horgan was just being kicked every time he got the ball and there should have been more yellows shown. That's my biased view, but on the balance it was up there with one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen. No consistency, no pattern, no sense. A lot of the free's given were 50/50 challenges and were pot-luck as to which way they were given.

Also, on Cummins goal, again I was at the other end of the pitch and I realised that Barry Ryan should probably have save it, but that ball flew straight through the air from the time it left Cummins' boot to the time it hit the net :o

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 10:33 AM
A slightly biased summary I must say. While I was too far away from the penalty to tell, apparently it wasn't one, so that's one. Cummins got no protection from the referee whatsoever. Daryl Horgan was just being kicked every time he got the ball and there should have been more yellows shown. That's my biased view, but on the balance it was up there with one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen. No consistency, no pattern, no sense. A lot of the free's given were 50/50 challenges and were pot-luck as to which way they were given.

Also, on Cummins goal, again I was at the other end of the pitch and I realised that Barry Ryan should probably have save it, but that ball flew straight through the air from the time it left Cummins' boot to the time it hit the net :o

It wasn't a penalty and the linesman was a few yards away so should have called that but I agree the ref had no consistency at all. All the frees Horgan won where our own fault, he was just running at our lads and they where lunging in so that wasn't the refs faults. We must have given Cork at least 8 free kicks at the edge of the box in the last 20 mins. I don't think Cummins deserved any protection to be honest, he is a cute whore on the ball and nearly always tries to man handle the centre backs by reaching back and grabbing them, dragging them back etc... So he has to be willing to take it back from the centre halfs if that's the way he wants to play.

CityRebel
04/09/2011, 11:31 AM
It wasn't a penalty and the linesman was a few yards away so should have called that but I agree the ref had no consistency at all. All the frees Horgan won where our own fault, he was just running at our lads and they where lunging in so that wasn't the refs faults. We must have given Cork at least 8 free kicks at the edge of the box in the last 20 mins. I don't think Cummins deserved any protection to be honest, he is a cute whore on the ball and nearly always tries to man handle the centre backs by reaching back and grabbing them, dragging them back etc... So he has to be willing to take it back from the centre halfs if that's the way he wants to play.

Your centre-halves are the dirtiest in the league, I'm amazed referees aren't copping on to it, Brian McCarthy in particular, constantly pushing/holding/dragging strikers.

bluewhitearmy
04/09/2011, 11:37 AM
Your centre-halves are the dirtiest in the league, I'm amazed referees aren't copping on to it, Brian McCarthy in particular, constantly pushing/holding/dragging strikers.

If you ignore the fact that he was having it done to him all game too then you have a point.

CityRebel
04/09/2011, 11:43 AM
If you ignore the fact that he was having it done to him all game too then you have a point.

You can hardly expect a striker not to push back when the ref is allowing an ape like McCarthy to get away with persistant fouling. The only defender I've seen who holds his man ALL the time.

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 11:53 AM
You can hardly expect a striker not to push back when the ref is allowing an ape like McCarthy to get away with persistant fouling. The only defender I've seen who holds his man ALL the time.

And add to that Cummins is the only striker I've seen to consistently hold the defenders too. It's 6 of one, if cummins doesn't want defenders getting physical with him then he can't get physical with them.

micls
04/09/2011, 11:57 AM
And add to that Cummins is the only striker I've seen to consistently hold the defenders too. It's 6 of one, if cummins doesn't want defenders getting physical with him then he can't get physical with them.

Surely you've noticed Denis Behan's trick by now? The one where he backs into the defender and falls over. Does it about 10 times a games. In fairness, he rarely actually used to get frees for it when he was with us.

CityRebel
04/09/2011, 12:03 PM

You mustn't watch much of Cummins. Football's a physical game, but anyone can see McCarthy gets away with a huge amount. Any decent striker wouldn't put up with the likes of McCarthy trying to man-handle them. If the refs aren't going to do anything about it then they have to push back.

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 12:08 PM
You mustn't watch much of Cummins. Football's a physical game, but anyone can see McCarthy gets away with a huge amount. Any decent striker wouldn't put up with the likes of McCarthy trying to man-handle them. If the refs aren't going to do anything about it then they have to push back.

Ya so as far as I'm concerned there is no point in whinging about needing protection. Both where being physical end of story. Every time I have seen Cummins he has been physical with defenders and it's not just with McCarthy, he was the same last year and we didn't have McCarthy. I see no problem with a good physical battle between defenders and strikers. I'd be more worried if our defence was getting bullied by strikers.

Jicked
04/09/2011, 12:16 PM
Refereeing decisions were crucial to the result in Oriel Park and all the major ones fell Rovers way.

Quigley was denied a penalty for Dundalk in the first half, while Rovers got the decision for McHughs nudge on Kilduff. For what it is worth I thought they were both penos.

In the immediate build up to the first goal, it looked as though McHugh was fouled in an aerial challenge inside the Dundalk half and he lay injured as the play developed with Dennehy scoring. Only minutes later Rice was injured in an almost indentical spot and the ref stopped play, correctly in my view, for him to be treated before giving a hop ball.

These didn't appear to be a great consistency of interpretaions by the referee, but thems the breaks!

Ricketts was impressive and Paterson looked solid and particularly with the squad further strengthed it's hard to see Rovers getting caught in the title race now. Particularly if they get more kind decisions in the run-in.

Have you watched it again yet? Quigley's one definitely wasn't a penalty, though it could have been had he gone over Sives' outstreched leg. Instead he avoided it, realised his error and threw himself to the ground as he approached the next defender. Wasn't a penalty. Twigg definitely fouled the Dundalk player in the build up to the goal, but after the ref didn't give it, he was right not to blow up for the injury. It wasn't a head injury, Twigg kneed him in the side and player went down to win the free, should have been a foul but after that wasn't given the ref shouldn't stop play for a back injury. Dundalk were unlucky with that one, but can have few complaints with the result.

Lim till i die
04/09/2011, 1:14 PM
That's my biased view, but on the balance it was up there with one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen.

I wouldn't suggest he's crooked just very, very, poor.

He was poorer towards Limerick than Cork because there was maybe 2000 Cork people there and maybe 100 Limerick, it happens. The penalty was a thundering disgrace but from our point of view your second and third goals are terrible goals to be giving away and were out of character in fairness.

Hysterical nonsense.

Graham Cummins is a big, strong, dirty, boy, always has been, if he's going to give it he should be able to take it. Hilarious to suggest Bambi is one of the dirtiest defenders in the league. :D

Surely you've noticed Denis Behan's trick by now?

That's Goal Machine Denis Behan to you. :p

Who would have thought Gamble would be the slightly disappointing one?! :eek:

hoopy
04/09/2011, 1:44 PM

Don't you know they all want us to win the league? Always good to get a win on that excuse for a pitch. Foster was a disgrace on the line.

placid casual
04/09/2011, 2:19 PM
Thank christ i dont have to venture up to dundalk again(tho maybe in the cup I suppose).
Its like being superimposed into a version of reeling in the years-from 1978.

Rovers started slow enough due to the farcical nature of the playing surface.
Sully and Ricer got yellow cards from the ref for 1st fouls and it took until the 2nd half for Rovers to get hold of the game .
Class won out eventually, as you'd expect.

Good debut by Ricketts & Patterson.

Foster is a loud mouth scouser with the in-built persecution complex but as ever his sort are always found out in the end.

Top of league and we're having a right oul laugh i can tell ye!
bring on the yids.

poster
04/09/2011, 2:24 PM

Unfortunately in this league, that rarely happens.

osarusan
04/09/2011, 3:26 PM

bring on the yids.
Nice.

nigel-harps1954
04/09/2011, 4:00 PM
Paul McLaughlin is one of the worst referees I have ever seen. Too many times I've said that about him this season alone.

On the game, after a dour first half in Finn Park that turned out to be one of the best 0-0 draws you are likely to see. An absolute wonder save from Sava in Mons goal kept it 0-0 at the end and Ciaran Gallagher matching at the opposite end with a fabulous save from a free kick.
Overall both teams deserved a draw in the end which I'm sure Monaghan fans will agree. A very very enjoyable 2nd half and about 500 at the game which is good for a club 3rd from bottom in the first division.
Theres hope for us yet.

placid casual
04/09/2011, 4:25 PM
Nice.

I had you down as something of an authority on football Osarusan.

Surely you know spurs are known, affectiontley by their own fans, as the yids.

If you think i was making an anti semitic crack then your sadly mistaken.

pineapple stu
04/09/2011, 5:14 PM
UCD 5 Drogheda 4
Mad game. Lost our keeper to a neck injury before kick-off. Were 2-0 up and cruising early on, Drogheda miss a penalty and get one back on half-time to be right back in it. They then score three times in six minutes in the second half - at which Angus upped and left - only for us to somehow turn around from being a shambles to a side that could knock three more in in the last ten minutes; could have had more too. Still, the meaningless of this season is taking away from results like that (and the 2-2 in Tallaght on Tuesday)

When did a team last concede 100 in the LoI?

osarusan
04/09/2011, 6:33 PM
I had you down as something of an authority on football Osarusan.

Surely you know spurs are known, affectiontley by their own fans, as the yids.

If you think i was making an anti semitic crack then your sadly mistaken.
Didn't think it was anti-semitic, just a bad joke.

I don't follow EPL as much as LOI, or even J-League now. But wikipedia tells me you're right, so fair enough, my mistake.

Calcio Jack
04/09/2011, 7:22 PM
Didn't think it was anti-semitic, just a bad joke.

I don't follow EPL as much as LOI, or even J-League now. But wikipedia tells me you're right, so fair enough, my mistake.

Would that be the sort of bad joke that some players or managers might call racist or expect a player if they said it to get a three game ban for ?

razor
04/09/2011, 10:07 PM
I see no problem with a good physical battle between defenders and strikers. I'd be more worried if our defence was getting bullied by strikers.Agreed, McCarthy is a pussy cat compared to Purcell, Graham is a big boy but has taken a terrible kicking from Pat this season.
I like Purcell though, he's your old style centre half, super in the air and takes no prisoners.
Himself and Cummins is a good old ding dong battle.

redobit
05/09/2011, 11:10 AM
Nonsense, nothing wrong with the time.

Decent preview of the game on RTÉ, nordies not doing much upfront..

Attendance proved otherwise unfortunately. A huge game and the attendance is 2,200. That is probably our average this season and when you consider Derry had over 400 plus (fair play to them) then it shows what we expected.

To be honest I wouldnt mind if you got the compensation like the season before last. But the FAI have even pulled that money last season, which is unbelivable when you think about it - they bend to RTE with a time that reduces your crowd, then they go and keep the compensation.

When a club is surviving week by week (which all are really) its a huge chunk of cash.

hoops1
05/09/2011, 11:37 AM
When a club is surviving week by week (which all are really) its a huge chunk of cash.

Maybe you shouldnt be surviving week by week in the first place.

Rasputin
05/09/2011, 11:55 AM
Good lad.

redobit
05/09/2011, 1:33 PM

You obviously know nothing about the real world. Get back to me when you move out of the parents box room.

avvenalaf
05/09/2011, 2:02 PM
You obviously know nothing about the real world. Get back to me when you move out of the parents box room.

Lovely name for Tallaght Stadium.

hoops1
05/09/2011, 2:23 PM
Id say the bad Sligo turn out was more to do with their faltering league challenge than the kick off time.

OneForTheFuture
05/09/2011, 2:48 PM
I hate when spoons just log on to Troll.......

Rovers are 5 points off top which could have been 3 if the won against Derry.

They could have shared top spot before the Dundalk game.

hoops1
05/09/2011, 2:49 PM
Dont mix up honesty as hard as it is for trolling.