PDA

View Full Version : The nerves are kicking in thread

Noelys Guitar
31/08/2011, 10:04 PM
Even worse than usual. And its only Wednesday. I can see us winning and then 5 mins later the negatives kick in. Then its back to happy land again. On and On. I believe I did about 3 minutes actual work today. The rest of the time was spent going through the various scenarios of Friday night while staring blankly into a computer screen. Roll on Friday.

Sullivinho
31/08/2011, 10:23 PM
Seriously preoccupied with it now myself, the anticipation is something else.

BonnieShels
31/08/2011, 10:24 PM
Good man yourself Noely.
Can't wait.

christo
31/08/2011, 10:25 PM
4 minutes after the deadline close :P

Feeling fairly nevry myself now though

tetsujin1979
31/08/2011, 10:35 PM
God help anyone who so much as coughs in my general direction in work for the next two days, I'm that wound up I'm liable to snap and bludgeon them with my stapler.

Yard of Pace
31/08/2011, 10:42 PM
Ah stop

I'll be such a mixture of giddiness and nerves in work on Friday I'll most likely be sacked/sent home.

BonnieShels
31/08/2011, 10:58 PM
Unfortunately I work with people who have no real idea that we're even playing on Friday.

Shame that. Thank god for Android and m.foot.ie though. Sanity perseveres!

Getting giddy planning my exit from the job on Friday evening to head to Blackrock for a pre-match pint in O'Rourkes! NYIAOW!

boovidge
31/08/2011, 11:20 PM
It really is strange how far football seems to have fallen from the public eye. Only a few years ago a game like this would have had a massive build up and tickets would be hard to get even at Croke Park, and that was during the Staunton era. Will a result here recapture the public imagination from the egg chasers?

bwagner
01/09/2011, 7:54 AM
True the Staunton era really did make people turn their backs - I dont understand it but I cant blame them

pineapple stu
01/09/2011, 8:36 AM
Getting giddy planning my exit from the job on Friday evening to head to Blackrock for a pre-match pint in O'Rourkes! NYIAOW!
Ha! May well end up in the same place. You're a Shels fan? I'll keep an eye out for someone like this so...

http://images.tvrage.com/screencaps/18/3531/62237.jpg

(Because I couldn't find a still shot of 2:07 here -)

4MhLS2q24RQ

Real ale Madrid
01/09/2011, 8:45 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one pre-occupied. Just hope Ryanair don't let me down now tomorrow evening.

elroy
01/09/2011, 8:45 AM
It really is strange how far football seems to have fallen from the public eye. Only a few years ago a game like this would have had a massive build up and tickets would be hard to get even at Croke Park, and that was during the Staunton era. Will a result here recapture the public imagination from the egg chasers?

True it is a shame. But then again in the last campaign, we have croker packed to the rafters for the likes of Italy and France. Two of the best atmospheres in recent times.

Unfortunately, the place wont be full. There is an element of support lost to rugby but that bandwagon brigade could change very quickly. With a likely disappointing WC for Ireland, quarter final at best I suggest and with a potential qualification for the Euros, I think you would see the pendulum swing once more.

I also think the recession, price of tickets and the friday night game doesnt help either.

shakermaker1982
01/09/2011, 8:58 AM
Still not nervous......but I know I should be. Maybe it's because I'm not flying back for it and the buzz is not the same as normal.

BonnieShels
01/09/2011, 9:12 AM
Shaker in time. Can't concentrate in work.

paul_oshea
01/09/2011, 9:15 AM
Ha! May well end up in the same place. You're a Shels fan? I'll keep an eye out for someone like this so...

http://images.tvrage.com/screencaps/18/3531/62237.jpg

(Because I couldn't find a still shot of 2:07 here -)

4MhLS2q24RQ

bONNIESHELS has to be the lad on the right :) Thats the exact image i have of him in my head - not that i have that image in my head very often you see :)

OMTY
01/09/2011, 9:37 AM
As a Tipperary man I'm doubly nervous with the hurling coming on Sunday. Fierce expensive to go to both matches but sure I wouldn't have it any other way.

As an aside, 10 years ago today Jason McAteer scored the only goal as Ireland beat Holland 1-0, the following Sunday Tipperary won the All Ireland.....just saying :cool:

BonnieShels
01/09/2011, 9:58 AM
bONNIESHELS has to be the lad on the right :) Thats the exact image i have of him in my head - not that i have that image in my head very often you see :)

Dermot Morgan?

;)

punkrocket
01/09/2011, 10:50 AM
That's the problem with this country nowadays, no one makes anything anymore. Stapling paper and surfing the web will not make this country great again.
Knuckle down.
I'm just doing a bit bit of research here meself mind.