PDA

View Full Version : Cork Away

bluewhitearmy
31/08/2011, 11:58 AM
Scully having a go at Tommy Dunne today in Leader. Cant see why he started this week when if Cork beat us Saturday we have no chance of going up.

Heard theres a slight chance that Shane Tracy and John Frost could be back...They are missing Duggan through suspension.
If frost is not back then we are in trouble i can see Daryl Horgan tearing Bhandarkhar apart.

Think too much is being made of Bray the 1st goal was a joke from there keeper 2nd a pen then they were down to 9 so not as impressive as it looks.
Cant see Scully or the team holding there nerve for this and can see any hope of promotion going with a 3-0 Cork win.

Jofspring
31/08/2011, 1:09 PM
Scully having a go at Tommy Dunne today in Leader. Cant see why he started this week when if Cork beat us Saturday we have no chance of going up.

Heard theres a slight chance that Shane Tracy and John Frost could be back...They are missing Duggan through suspension.
If frost is not back then we are in trouble i can see Daryl Horgan tearing Bhandarkhar apart.

Think too much is being made of Bray the 1st goal was a joke from there keeper 2nd a pen then they were down to 9 so not as impressive as it looks.
Cant see Scully or the team holding there nerve for this and can see any hope of promotion going with a 3-0 Cork win.

Feeling pessimistic about this myself but on a plus side though we do have Gaffney and Kelly to come into the team. Its a bigger pitch and a better playing surface than Jackman Park so I think these two players could really shine for us down there with the space Limerick have been able to find down there for the last few years. Cork always seem to play it out from the back also so if we can keep the pressure on their defence they are prone to mistakes. Duggan will be a big loss for them and hopefully Gamble will be back in the team.

...........................Ryan................... ..................

..Kelly...........Purcell........McCarthy.......Bh andarkar/Frost

................O'Leary........Gamble............. ................

........Hynes...........Quinn.............Tracey/Brosnan/Coughlan.

..........................Behan................... ..................

A team similar to that will be stronger than the one that went out in the semi-final of the cup. that doesn't always guarantee a better performance though.

Cork 2-1 Limerick

Lim till i die
31/08/2011, 1:43 PM
We have Kelly, Gaffney and hopefully Frost to add to the team that outplayed them in the thingybob cup semi.

On paper, Limerick, quite handily.

In reality, end of season party time guys. :party:

bluewhitearmy
31/08/2011, 1:50 PM
Feeling pessimistic about this myself but on a plus side though we do have Gaffney and Kelly to come into the team. Its a bigger pitch and a better playing surface than Jackman Park so I think these two players could really shine for us down there with the space Limerick have been able to find down there for the last few years. Cork always seem to play it out from the back also so if we can keep the pressure on their defence they are prone to mistakes. Duggan will be a big loss for them and hopefully Gamble will be back in the team.

...........................Ryan................... ..................

..Kelly...........Purcell........McCarthy.......Bh andarkar/Frost

................O'Leary........Gamble............. ................

........Hynes...........Quinn.............Tracey/Brosnan/Coughlan.

..........................Behan................... ..................

A team similar to that will be stronger than the one that went out in the semi-final of the cup. that doesn't always guarantee a better performance though.

Cork 2-1 Limerick

Please god no the man is a joke on the wing.

Lim till i die
31/08/2011, 2:56 PM
Please god no the man is a joke on the wing.

I'd give him an hour on the left boxing Ian Turner before unleashing Brossi

Jofspring
31/08/2011, 3:04 PM
I agree Hynes is poor on the wing but as part of a three like that I think he does a decent job and puts in great work. Brosnan really struggled physically on the wing the last day when he came on there and I only think he is up to playin up top with Behan.

In saying all that i actually totally forgot about Judge and would definitely have him in there instead.

Jofspring
31/08/2011, 3:07 PM
any truth that limerick will be playing out of hogan park for the next two seasons.

I would say none at all.

bluewhitearmy
31/08/2011, 3:35 PM
any truth that limerick will be playing out of hogan park for the next two seasons.

The under 19s are using it alright as far as i know... One of the players told me they are not expecting to be playing in Markets Field at all next year if that was true id love to move from Jackman to Hogan.

Jofspring
31/08/2011, 4:18 PM
The under 19s are using it alright as far as i know... One of the players told me they are not expecting to be playing in Markets Field at all next year if that was true id love to move from Jackman to Hogan.

Prefer Hogan Park myself. Hill Celtic are supposed to have plans on doing great work on Hogan Park (Dressing Rooms etc…) so it could work well for both with Limerick paying rent.

I really hope work will have started on the Markets Field though because if there is no sign of moving in or work commencing then it doesn't sound good at all.

bluewhitearmy
31/08/2011, 5:12 PM
I really hope work will have started on the Markets Field though because if there is no sign of moving in or work commencing then it doesn't sound good at all.

Nothing has started so far but the lads involved with the club say that whatever way they are doing it can be done fairly fast... Be a pity after all the talk if we are not in there next season. Waiting to see if we go up maybe?

Lim till i die
31/08/2011, 7:37 PM
FC Carlow, Tralee Dynamos and Fanad wil be walking into the lions den :cool:

Bring it on!!!

Was up there for a nose a few weeks ago, the grounds are actually in better condition than they ever were when Limerick had it, seems to be work going on on dressing rooms aswell.

Sort the car park, throw in a few Mick Wallace stands, jobs a good un. :ball:

ped_ped
03/09/2011, 6:16 PM
Three all, finished. I would've taken it this morning considering our deplorable form against the top teams, and even though we lost a 3 - 2 lead, I'll take it now. We're hanging in there, with an outside chance. Let's just hope things go our way over the coming weeks.

hotspur
03/09/2011, 6:46 PM
limerick can't produce the performance on the big day under strength cork were there to be beaten

Market's Field
03/09/2011, 7:49 PM
Conveniently ignoring that limerick were also understrength

fc hammer
03/09/2011, 9:40 PM
joe gamble cost limerick 3 points tonight what a waster...as for barry ryan he should have been taken off when he made those jestures to his own fans...

bluewhitearmy
03/09/2011, 9:50 PM
joe gamble cost limerick 3 points tonight what a waster...as for barry ryan he should have been taken off when he made those jestures to his own fans...

How?

And hardly understrength Limerick missing one player really. Using the lads that have not been playing for months is a sad excuse people have been brought in to replace them.Cork too only missing one by the way.

Corie Treacy a right footed right back starting left back while an actual left back sat on the bench and Hynes coming on while Coughlan sat on the bench when we needed to get at them once again shows why Scully should be gone he hasnt a clue.

fc hammer
03/09/2011, 9:58 PM
twas gamble who gave the ball away that led to the cork leveler,he gave the ball away so much he must have thaught he was still playing for cork what a waste of money...

bluewhitearmy
03/09/2011, 11:09 PM
twas gamble who gave the ball away that led to the cork leveler,he gave the ball away so much he must have thaught he was still playing for cork what a waste of money...

Based on one match?

fc hammer
03/09/2011, 11:18 PM
Based on most games he's played. Total waste of money. The sooner we get rid of him and our so called manager the better.

bluewhitearmy
03/09/2011, 11:38 PM
Based on most games he's played. Total waste of money. The sooner we get rid of him and our so called manager the better.

Should have been gone 2 weeks ago.

fieldofmarkets
04/09/2011, 12:04 AM
Can't agree with the above on Gamble, thought he was quite good tonight and in the previous games. Certainly would not look to him over the lost points. Defensive blunders cost us tonight, which is a shame as we're normally better than that. Scoring 3 was fantastic, did not expect it. Match report said Behan gave away the penalty...but I thought it was Corrie. Scully has been using him to fill in everywhere recently, but a right footed player is always a potential danger playing left back. Bhandarkar should have been selected if available. What happenned with their 2nd? Looked like our keeper just sat down...but might have been the angle I was at. O'Neill should never have gotten a shot off for their 3rd. Was praying for Gaffney to pull the trigger at the death but he took it on too much and the chance was gone. Overall the performance was better than I expected and was gutted we didn't get the win....chance was there and I think we had to have it. Silver lining is maybe Monaghan are running out of steam.

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 12:24 AM
Barry Ryan slipped for their second. Thought Gamble and O'Leary where good although a little slow at times in attack. It took Scully the bones of 40 minutes to realise though that his left winger was on the right and vice versa. Bhandarkar did alright there the last day and I really felt Corrie was put up against it tonight. Gaffney should have won it but Cork had loads of chances to win it too so I'd take the draw. Good to see Behan getting another goal also.

Hopefully playing Mons and Shels away may actually work in our favour though. We need to do the business against Longford next first though.

Lim till i die
04/09/2011, 12:25 AM
Gamble has been largely decent and at times superb, wouldn't blame him for tonight by any stretch eventhough he wasn't great.

Fantastic header by Behan for the third goal was my highlight, I'd love to see Gaffney play a game where he's not selected as winger/throw in circus freak, he doesn't seem to be really enjoying the wide role.

The penalty was an absolute shocker, the ref in general was terrible, handing out cards to our lads like snuff at a wake when there wasn't a bad tackle in the game.

Having said that giving up the lead twice the way we did is fairly unforgivable so can't really blame the ref.

I don't know how to feel. On the one hand a draw probably isn't good enough but on the otherhand that Cork team was again looked very ordinary and Monaghan could hopefully be running out of gas.

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 12:30 AM
Gamble has been largely decent and at times superb, wouldn't blame him for tonight by any stretch eventhough he wasn't great.

Fantastic header by Behan for the third goal was my highlight, I'd love to see Gaffney play a game where he's not selected as winger/throw in circus freak, he doesn't seem to be really enjoying the wide role.

The penalty was an absolute shocker, the ref in general was terrible, handing out cards to our lads like snuff at a wake when there wasn't a bad tackle in the game.

Having said that giving up the lead twice the way we did is fairly unforgivable so can't really blame the ref.

I don't know how to feel. On the one hand a draw probably isn't good enough but on the otherhand that Cork team was again looked very ordinary and Monaghan could hopefully be running out of gas.

The one thing I will say for Cork though is they are very dangerous in attack and always looked a threat. Defensively I feel if we got at them more they can be shakey and prone to some errors which we didn't do enough.

fieldofmarkets
04/09/2011, 12:35 AM
Cheers for that. A slip makes sense, the shot was well hit but should have been saved. Makes the dropped points even harder to take.

micls
04/09/2011, 3:14 AM
Well done Harps!

Hopefully the start of a rut for Roddy and Mons.

Pablo Escobar
04/09/2011, 4:07 AM
Well done Harps!

Hopefully the start of a rut for Roddy and Mons.

Hopefully. It would be great to see City and Limerick get 2nd and 3rd. And you'd have to assume that 3rd would go up.

lfc at heart
04/09/2011, 8:16 AM

and what about the people/person who abused barry Ryan after he slipped, they /he should hang his head in shame, Barry slipped for the 2nd goal and he gets unjustified abuse, noitice I didnt use the word supporter because who ever abuse barry can not call themselves a supporter.

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 10:26 AM
and what about the people/person who abused barry Ryan after he slipped, they /he should hang his head in shame, Barry slipped for the 2nd goal and he gets unjustified abuse, noitice I didnt use the word supporter because who ever abuse barry can not call themselves a supporter.

Also in fairness Barry and the supporter both apologised to each other at half time and Barry called him down to shake hands and said they'd put it behind them which was fair enough.

On the Mons thing hopefully the pressure will get to them. If they pick up injuries anything like we have it may cost them big time in the run in. We showed in glimpses last night how dangerous we can be. Hopefully we can get Frosty back ASAP and keep everyone else injury free.

thomas72
04/09/2011, 12:44 PM

im going to agree with you on this one since he has signed all he has done is picked up stupid bookings he also was red carded for a needless tackle he needs to step up he is on massive wages. at least behan is working hard and now he is scoring in every game gamble needs to pull his finger out. big reputation needs to play like it

fc hammer
04/09/2011, 4:35 PM
im going to agree with you on this one since he has signed all he has done is picked up stupid bookings he also was red carded for a needless tackle he needs to step up he is on massive wages. at least behan is working hard and now he is scoring in every game gamble needs to pull his finger out. big reputation needs to play like it

naill on the head thomas72,he's only there for the handy money. he could'nt give a toss about limerick...as for barry ryan his sapposed to be an experianced keeper getting caught like that for the 2nd goal is a joke,its not the 1st time he's been shown up this season,as for giving the finger to his own fans that's totally unaccessable...

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 5:11 PM
naill on the head thomas72,he's only there for the handy money. he could'nt give a toss about limerick...as for barry ryan his sapposed to be an experianced keeper getting caught like that for the 2nd goal is a joke,its not the 1st time he's been shown up this season,as for giving the finger to his own fans that's totally unaccessable...

You seem to be ignoring the fact Ryan slipped and also apologised at half time which I said above.

bluewhitearmy
04/09/2011, 5:19 PM
You seem to be ignoring the fact Ryan slipped and also apologised at half time which I said above.

Seems to be ignoring a lot in fairness.

fc hammer
04/09/2011, 5:40 PM

so what he apologised,fact is he turned on his own fans when a bit of banter was thrown at him ,instead of just getting on with it..

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 5:58 PM
so what he apologised,fact is he turned on his own fans when a bit of banter was thrown at him ,instead of just getting on with it..

Heat of the moment from both Barry and the fans though and I see nothing wrong if he was big enough to realise it and apologise. You blame him for the goal as well though because it shouldn't be happening an experienced keeper. A slip can happen anyone at anytime. You seem to forget he closed down the angle well and saved a one on one about 5 minutes before that.

fc hammer
04/09/2011, 6:13 PM
Heat of the moment from both Barry and the fans though and I see nothing wrong if he was big enough to realise it and apologise. You blame him for the goal as well though because it shouldn't be happening an experienced keeper. A slip can happen anyone at anytime. You seem to forget he closed down the angle well and saved a one on one about 5 minutes before that.

is that not what a goalkeeper is for he made a save great..thats his job..as for heat of the moment he left his club and fans down by his antics end of...

Jofspring
04/09/2011, 6:31 PM
is that not what a goalkeeper is for he made a save great..thats his job..as for heat of the moment he left his club and fans down by his antics end of...

Agree to disagree.

lfc at heart
04/09/2011, 7:36 PM

the reason he gave the fingers to the people behind him is because they gave him some terrible abuse, it was shameful to listen to that, again notice I didnt use the word supporter because anyone that supports a team would not have abused a team member like that. real shameful comments indeed, people were disgusted to hear the comment that were thrown at Barry Ryan,

Lim till i die
04/09/2011, 7:48 PM
This is one of the problems with foot.ie, stuff like this tends to fester on for decades needlessly (i know more than most :p)

It happened. It was wrong. Let's all move on.

On Joe Gamble, in fairness to the guy yesterday he played a large part in setting up the excellent third goal, chasing down a nothing ball from Gaffney from Gaffney across the box before laying it back for Sean Kelly.

I genuinely think he has at times stepped up to the plate when needed, like he was superb in Ballybofey.

On Barry Ryan, he's obviously a bit eccentrice, one minute he'll pull off a world class save, the next minute he'll do something a little bit mad. Tear your hair out stuff at times but overall he's obviously one of the better keepers in the division and a lot better than anything Cork have.

Second
04/09/2011, 11:19 PM

Some of the people supporting the team are not worthy of being called supporters.. Just go to a home match and go near the stand and listen to the abuse the players get.. It's a joke .. Only a matter of time before one of the players turn around and get involved ..

hotspur
05/09/2011, 10:58 AM
Some of the people supporting the team are not worthy of being called supporters.. Just go to a home match and go near the stand and listen to the abuse the players get.. It's a joke .. Only a matter of time before one of the players turn around and get involved ..

Very true and to make it worse there are kids in the stand who have to listen and most of the supporters that are giving stick havent a clue, to see gamble playing instead of judge is a joke gamble hasnt kick a ball for limerick and i wonder is he playing for limerick just for the money hard to believe he was a senior international, scully out aidan ryan in.

bluewhitearmy
05/09/2011, 11:59 AM
Very true and to make it worse there are kids in the stand who have to listen and most of the supporters that are giving stick havent a clue, to see gamble playing instead of judge is a joke gamble hasnt kick a ball for limerick and i wonder is he playing for limerick just for the money hard to believe he was a senior international, scully out aidan ryan in.

And you say that others havent a clue go back to sleep for yourself will ya.

Jofspring
05/09/2011, 12:25 PM

Athlone: Did well in his first game while not outstanding.
Monaghan: Ran the show in the first half but was marked out of it and left isolated in the second half.
Waterford: Suspended
Cork(Cup): Played very well, stood out as a class above the rest.
Finn Harps: According to LTID he was superb up in Ballybofey
Salthill: Poor enough but who wasn't?
Bray: Injured
Cork: Done alright, he is more of a defensive midfielder than attacker but controlled the play well. Was involved in the 3rd goal.

Looking at that how can you say he hasn't kicked a ball for Limerick and only seems to want the money. He's only at the club 2 months and has done better in the defensive midfield role than anyone else this season. He has been picking up cards because he is getting stuck in. If he had no interest he wouldn't be getting stuck in. He has picked up some needles cards alright but thats what happens when your job is to put in the tackles.

hotspur
05/09/2011, 1:52 PM
Athlone: Did well in his first game while not outstanding.
Monaghan: Ran the show in the first half but was marked out of it and left isolated in the second half.
Waterford: Suspended
Cork(Cup): Played very well, stood out as a class above the rest.
Finn Harps: According to LTID he was superb up in Ballybofey
Salthill: Poor enough but who wasn't?
Bray: Injured
Cork: Done alright, he is more of a defensive midfielder than attacker but controlled the play well. Was involved in the 3rd goal.

Looking at that how can you say he hasn't kicked a ball for Limerick and only seems to want the money. He's only at the club 2 months and has done better in the defensive midfield role than anyone else this season. He has been picking up cards because he is getting stuck in. If he had no interest he wouldn't be getting stuck in. He has picked up some needles cards alright but thats what happens when your job is to put in the tackles.
You must be joking he is picking up stupid bookings, i have seen enough of him to say he isnt worth the money plus he has come from playing in england to the first division in Ireland you have to expect more from him in matches.

Second
05/09/2011, 2:21 PM
I agree if he hadn't got stupidly sent off v Monaghan he wouldn't have been suspended v Waterford ...and we might not have won ..He's definately a good player and good players should stand out but he doesn't ..maybe it's the team around him.. I think he's not fully committed

hotspur
05/09/2011, 4:35 PM
I agree if he hadn't got stupidly sent off v Monaghan he wouldn't have been suspended v Waterford ...and we might not have won ..He's definately a good player and good players should stand out but he doesn't ..maybe it's the team around him.. I think he's not fully committed

There is good players around him hope he changes and quick as i think we still have a chance of promotion.

da bishop
05/09/2011, 6:26 PM
i was,n too happy with gamble v salthill but overall he has done ok for us though one would have to have an issue with the wages he is on.there is no doubt that gamble is a top quaility player,is scully going to get the very best out of him?

sadloserkid
06/09/2011, 11:23 AM

A bit of banter? I presume you weren't there then? The vitriol in the abuse thrown at him genuinely took me by surprise, completely over the top.

the reason he gave the fingers to the people behind him is because they gave him some terrible abuse, it was shameful to listen to that, again notice I didnt use the word supporter because anyone that supports a team would not have abused a team member like that. real shameful comments indeed, people were disgusted to hear the comment that were thrown at Barry Ryan,

This is a whole lot closer to what actually happened.

Ryan would have been better advised to ignore it but it's understandable that he couldn't. He deserves credit for seeking out one of the group at half time to put the matter to bed. The notion that our own players will be abused for errors is pathetic and I believe that it contributes to our rubbish form (especially at home) against bigger teams.

i was,n too happy with gamble v salthill but overall he has done ok for us though one would have to have an issue with the wages he is on.there is no doubt that gamble is a top quaility player,is scully going to get the very best out of him?

I think Gamble has done well overall too, clearly Scully has him playing in a certain position/manner. I wonder if some people were expecting him to look like Cruyf/Platini and Redondo all rolled into one?

bluewhitearmy
06/09/2011, 1:51 PM
What was said to Barry was far more then just banter in fairness and that is coming from me after i got involved. I didnt hear what was said after the goal as i was on the phone telling someone about the equaliser.

Cant speak for people around me but i went too far with slagging him after he stuck his fingers up and ill be the 1st to admit that. I have apologised to Barry and he apologised for the gestures cant see what more he can do really.

Edit:Wasnt me he called at Half time btw

Jofspring
07/09/2011, 7:59 AM
And you say that others havent a clue go back to sleep for yourself will ya.

He says in the junior Aidan isn't up to the level of Oscar Traynor but says he should manage Limerick in the LOI.