PDA

View Full Version : Bray Owners Pulling Out?

KK77
31/08/2011, 10:08 AM
Any truth that the Slevin brothers are pulling the plug on Bray? Been a long time there now so would imagine it would be done with heavy heart. I suppose in the current climate it's hard to run a club especially when there's no money to be made in it. I wonder what direction the club would take? Would Devo make the purchase and buy it?

peadar1987
31/08/2011, 2:01 PM
Any truth that the Slevin brothers are pulling the plug on Bray? Been a long time there now so would imagine it would be done with heavy heart. I suppose in the current climate it's hard to run a club especially when there's no money to be made in it. I wonder what direction the club would take? Would Devo make the purchase and buy it?

If they do go, I'd like to see it used as an opportunity to attract new supporters. have a big campaign all over South Dublin and North Wicklow to encourage people to invest, and hopefully attend games.

mightyseagull
12/09/2011, 7:08 PM
Devo just passed comment on mns about the board needing to get things sorted, presume that has something to do with this.

The Fox
12/09/2011, 9:36 PM
He said that there were only 3 board members left.
Who are they and who has left?

notever
13/09/2011, 1:23 PM
Are Bray Wanderers really in trouble? hope not and don't like to hear that Slevin Bros are going to pull out.They with Devo have been the heartbeat of Bray Wdrs. for a long time.Hope its sorted soon and they can begin planning for next season.:ball:

Seagull
13/09/2011, 2:48 PM
He said that there were only 3 board members left.
Who are they and who has left?

Well, the club website has this info but you know how up-to-date that is:

President: Philip Hannigan

Vice Chairman: Eddie Cox

Directors: Eddie Slevin, Frank Slevin, John Deering, Eddie Cox, Aidan O’Rourke, Pat Lynch

Director of Finance: Pat Lynch

Director Of Football: Pat Devlin

General Manager: Jack O’Neill

KK77
13/09/2011, 3:22 PM
Are Bray Wanderers really in trouble? hope not and don't like to hear that Slevin Bros are going to pull out.They with Devo have been the heartbeat of Bray Wdrs. for a long time.Hope its sorted soon and they can begin planning for next season.:ball:

Yes strong rumour that the owners are considering pulling out. I'd imagine it's hard to keep it going and keep yourself going in these current times. I believe it's a great chance for Devo to buy the club. An idea might be to get Damien Duff to throw a few cents at it as well. Who knows we could be in the Europa League like Rovers in the future with such backing. I really can see no better man than Mr Bray himself taking the full reins.

chippydevlin
14/09/2011, 12:54 PM
The club has been greatly mismanaged for a long time now and even Devo aint mad enough to put his own money into the club at this stage. It would be surprising to me if there is even a Bray Wanderers F.C. for the start of the next season - clearly nobody that has commented above realise the costs in running these clubs and cant even see in front of yourselves. Bray doesnt even have a clubhouse. Says a lot. Its clearly not revenue driven and the reason that is because of old school directors at the helm who are holding out for a few quid. The fans should be urging these directors to go and trying to buy the club themselves and then fire everyone in management and start afresh.

chippydevlin
14/09/2011, 12:56 PM
It should be marketed as a circus for every home game - the whole place is a joke. And it's time "we" the fans made a stance. Write away on these forums all you want - that is not what is going to change the club. Why not organise something in reality and less of the virtual bitching and guessing.

KK77
14/09/2011, 1:56 PM
It should be marketed as a circus for every home game - the whole place is a joke. And it's time "we" the fans made a stance. Write away on these forums all you want - that is not what is going to change the club. Why not organise something in reality and less of the virtual bitching and guessing.

Calm down lad, calm down!

On a serious note you are more than likely right in that Devo won't put his cash into the club but it was just a suggestion put forward by myself seen as he is Mr Bray and has a few cents. I know exactly how much a club in the LOI costs to run hence i mentioned the current owners must be struggling to keep it going and maintain themselves outside of the club.

Seagull
14/09/2011, 2:15 PM
The club has been greatly mismanaged for a long time now

Easy to throw out unfounded accusations like that, maybe you'd care to elaborate?

Dodge
14/09/2011, 2:30 PM

Oof topic but I love the irony in this post

Now, back to your thread

Albatross
14/09/2011, 3:14 PM
The club has been greatly mismanaged for a long time now and even Devo aint mad enough to put his own money into the club at this stage. It would be surprising to me if there is even a Bray Wanderers F.C. for the start of the next season - clearly nobody that has commented above realise the costs in running these clubs and cant even see in front of yourselves. Bray doesnt even have a clubhouse. Says a lot. Its clearly not revenue driven and the reason that is because of old school directors at the helm who are holding out for a few quid. The fans should be urging these directors to go and trying to buy the club themselves and then fire everyone in management and start afresh.

Can you please let us know where you got your information the the club was mismanaged and the old school directors at the helm who are holding out for a few quid. Who are the directors holding out? If you check the companies office Eddie Slevin, Frank Slevin and Pat Lynch have all resigned so it cant be them. Mismanagement is a serious allegation