PDA

View Full Version : chartered flight????

RedReb
07/07/2004, 5:58 PM
lads do ye reckon there would b any chance of a group organising a charterd flight. i could b wrong here but didnt the munster fans organise a few of those for there away games at short notice. even a day trip might give a few more fans a better chance of going aswell as saving the lads who have been travelling all over europe{respect} the hassle of more planes, trains and automobiles. just a thought

Storysham
07/07/2004, 6:01 PM
Lets concentrate on beating nimijen before we start chartering flights to nantes, and btw i think those munster fans flew with jetmagic. The travel agents leased a few planes alright.

Pablo
07/07/2004, 6:37 PM
Shels have organised an all inclusive trip for their supporter for the trip to Iceland.

Every fan they have could probably fit on a Fokker 50 like ;) but it'd be nice if the club did something for future trips

Eric
07/07/2004, 7:49 PM
but it'd be nice if the club did something for future trips

I reckon a club trip would be a bit of a balls. Assuming that we qualify for Europe next year I reckon there should be a CCISA/FourFiveOne organised trip, that'd be the business :D

dahamsta
07/07/2004, 9:48 PM
If, fingers crossed, it became a possibility, have a chat with Pat Dawson in Dawson Travel, tell him I sent you. Sports stuff is his forté, he might be able to arrange something if you were serious.

adam

Storysham
07/07/2004, 9:53 PM
If, fingers crossed, it became a possibility, have a chat with Pat Dawson in Dawson Travel, tell him I sent you. Sports stuff is his forté, he might be able to arrange something if you were serious.

adam

Well if he charges what hes charging to see a premiership game it will be a total rip off.

dahamsta
07/07/2004, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't know. All I know is if you don't try, you don't get.

ian
08/07/2004, 11:25 AM
Eric that can be done but it will cost around 10.000 if not more on a trip like that and that is just the dep for the plane up front. If we were to do it every one would have to give a dep of 100 euros in case they would not go. I looked in to this and it would not be chep let me tell you.

Lets just see what will happen on sunday and then we can take it from there.

Redreb it is nice to see you and the site. So as I say it would cost a lot of money to get it for the next match away if we get true maybe next year if we do get in to entertoto or what ever we could look in to it. :D

A face
08/07/2004, 9:12 PM
How many head are needed to fill a chartered flight ??

Counting Crow
08/07/2004, 9:20 PM
Pablo - nearly pi$$ed myself laughing at your oneliner ..... "fokker 50".......great line.

:D :D :D :D

Éanna
09/07/2004, 5:16 PM
definitely the way to go alright. flights to france are pricey for that weekend- if we were able to charter a flight for around 250 it would be the way to go. I'd certainly have no hassle putting down a deposit. if people are serious, can they be ready to get on here asap if we get thru and get the ball rolling

Pablo
09/07/2004, 5:35 PM
Pablo - nearly pi$$ed myself laughing at your oneliner ..... "fokker 50".......great line.

:D :D :D :D

i was making a serious point :p

Counting Crow
09/07/2004, 7:49 PM
Fokkers by name and fokkers by nature - the biggest small club in the country :D

Druss
11/07/2004, 8:02 PM
definitely the way to go alright. flights to france are pricey for that weekend- if we were able to charter a flight for around 250 it would be the way to go. I'd certainly have no hassle putting down a deposit. if people are serious, can they be ready to get on here asap if we get thru and get the ball rolling

To the top. :D
Is this still a possibility?

yiddo
11/07/2004, 8:48 PM
Charter, if its possible, would seem the way to go. Flight and ferry options are very expensive. Maybe give Lee Travel a ring in the morning to see if they are doing anything ?

Storysham
11/07/2004, 9:40 PM
Id defo do the charter thing if it was over and back on the same day.

A face
11/07/2004, 10:05 PM
Id defo do the charter thing if it was over and back on the same day.

Me too .... What is the story ??

Pablo
11/07/2004, 10:19 PM
i heard a few whispers today about this.................. :confused:

iceman
11/07/2004, 10:24 PM
Congrats lads on an excellent result...well done from the Drogs.

On the charter thing a friend of mine chartered a Boeing 737 to somewhere in Germany last year...180 seats and it worked out at EUR200 a head return.... if that guideline is any use try calling 747 Travel in Dublin for a quote. I reckon for it to be cost-effective you would need at least 100 heads travelling. Good luck !!

A face
11/07/2004, 10:29 PM
EUR200 a head return

Ah .... what is wrong with that ........ I'd have no problem there like !!

Fair_play_boy
11/07/2004, 10:31 PM
I spent most of the night since the match working this out.
Cork - Nantes - Cork return charter is €28,300 on charter.com. That works out at €142 a skull if, say, 200 supporters went. The pitch is 16 miles from the airport, so a quick hop back to the airport after the match and there is time for a few pints at home. That price does not cover travel insurance, but my trip to Turners Cross today did not need to be insured, so why go to the extra cost. Travel to the pitch should be cheap enough using local taxi / bus / coach services.