Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

prawnsandwich2
27/09/2011, 1:28 PM
Yea Regional were poor when they beat ye 3 weeks ago up in the fairgreen

i think you will find that hotspur is a pike supporter

theboywonder8
27/09/2011, 2:11 PM
i think you will find that hotspur is a pike supporter

Is eoin keating available to play or is he waiting till county final is over?

prawnsandwich2
27/09/2011, 2:19 PM
Is eoin keating available to play or is he waiting till county final is over?

don't know to be honest

theboywonder8
27/09/2011, 3:16 PM
don't know to be honest

I don't think he has played in a few years,think he was in states for a while and also with Limerick county team for a while,was a very good player though when with Limerick for a few years.

balls
27/09/2011, 3:44 PM
monaleen will prob have munster club championship if they win county so might not see him for a while would be my guess. great signing though. so fairview have keating, hartnett and barnes to add to there team. they will be decent when there all playing together. Are john mullane and gavin o shea playing this season?

prawnsandwich2
27/09/2011, 3:46 PM
monaleen will prob have munster club championship if they win county so might not see him for a while would be my guess. great signing though. so fairview have keating, hartnett and barnes to add to there team. they will be decent when there all playing together. Are john mullane and gavin o shea playing this season?

yes,gavin is injured at the minute i think

hotspur
27/09/2011, 4:01 PM
yes,gavin is injured at the minute i think

He is a big loss to fairview sunday.

Spindoctor
28/09/2011, 11:10 PM
Will Keith Harnett be elligible to play?.......thought a transfer takes two weeks in national and provincial competitions,maybe I'm wrong!

hoops38
28/09/2011, 11:49 PM
Will Keith Harnett be elligible to play?.......thought a transfer takes two weeks in national and provincial competitions,maybe I'm wrong!

correct he cant play

theboywonder8
29/09/2011, 12:38 AM
Who cares if he plays.top player for pike.end of story

booster 03
02/10/2011, 11:50 AM
Who cares if he plays.top player for pike.end of story

regional 3 fview 0

deserved win for regional

theboywonder8
02/10/2011, 12:05 PM
regional 3 fview 0

Excellent result for regional,if Doyle had took his chance at 1 0,could have been different story,in the end regional were worthy winners,Alan finucane put in a very good shift for the winners.life in the auld dog still.back to the drawing board for view.

twohalves
02/10/2011, 12:12 PM
Geraldines 3-1 Prospect Priory.

wanderer
02/10/2011, 2:43 PM
fairview out of Fai.could there be a big name transfer out the green.ha ha.

Aanother
02/10/2011, 2:46 PM
Regional 3 fairview 0. Oscar trainer panel Regional 0 Fairview 4. Ridiculous

theboywonder8
02/10/2011, 3:21 PM

Agree with you there.

no17 fan
04/10/2011, 1:36 AM
What does one match mean. Regional have won nothing over the years and fairview lads have heaps of honours to their names.

prawnsandwich2
04/10/2011, 7:07 AM
regional 3 fview 0

agreed...regional took their chances...fairview did not.
bad result for us,had a great chance at one nil down but did not take it.
plenty of possession but no end product.
best of luck to regional.
one sour point,disappointed in the regional bench,managers and players included,when they cheered paul quinn's sending off.
bad form to put it mildly

deadly man
04/10/2011, 10:49 AM

who would u have on the team from regional???i already said Mullins and O'Connell should be on it
the 4 lads from fairview are more than good enough to be on the panel

prawnsandwich2
04/10/2011, 11:20 AM
any other results from around the country in the FAI lads.
i know that some leagues are not playing til next week

Aanother
04/10/2011, 11:26 AM
who would u have on the team from regional???i already said Mullins and O'Connell should be on it
the 4 lads from fairview are more than good enough to be on the panel

Mullins, O'Connell, O'Leary to name just 3, my point is that Regional as a club are being overlooked for some unknown reason when it comes to the Oscar Traynor panel, I thought the point was to have a team that represented the league as a whole. Isnt it not strange ( nothing against Fairview just an example ) that Regional have beaten Fairview twice this season yet 4 view players get picked and none from Regional??

bald eagle
04/10/2011, 11:50 AM

I disagree with you on this one Aanother, Regional fully deserved their win on the day but think they played well team wise but in fairness I think fairview have better players.

No arguing with sundays result regional worth their win. How come no charge going in ?

prawnsandwich2
04/10/2011, 11:55 AM
Mullins, O'Connell, O'Leary to name just 3, my point is that Regional as a club are being overlooked for some unknown reason when it comes to the Oscar Traynor panel, I thought the point was to have a team that represented the league as a whole. Isnt it not strange ( nothing against Fairview just an example ) that Regional have beaten Fairview twice this season yet 4 view players get picked and none from Regional??

the four from fairview would play in positions that only mullins would be competing for.
he would be contesting with chucka for a place at centre half.
the other 3 play in goals,left full,and left wing.
therefore the other players you mention would be competing for a place on the squad with kavanagh,tierney etc.
and no disrespect to regional,but i think they are better players

Aanother
04/10/2011, 12:28 PM
I disagree with you on this one Aanother, Regional fully deserved their win on the day but think they played well team wise but in fairness I think fairview have better players.

No arguing with sundays result regional worth their win. How come no charge going in ?

a fair point, dont agree but thats your opinion, dunno about the charge thing, only arrived 10mins before half time so i just assumed they had stopped charging at that stage

Fairkop
04/10/2011, 1:52 PM
plenty regional players played in the team that reached the final a few years ago,behan,sheehan ,o donoughue,maybe mullins and russell also in the squad though not sure about them two,was their many from fairview?cant remember one.mullins is agood player ,dont think he is better than what has been picked,great result for regional but the view are decimated by injury

deadly man
04/10/2011, 2:30 PM

They don't need the money
They are sponsored by JP McManus this year
Regional are the richest club in limerick,Fact

mysteryman
04/10/2011, 6:24 PM
when is the 3rd round draw made??

nononsense
04/10/2011, 9:34 PM
when is the 3rd round draw made??

Most areas have to play 2nd round yet. The official date for 2nd round is weekend 15/16th October so 3rd round draw wont be made for a while.

bald eagle
05/10/2011, 4:43 AM

a sentence finished with the word FACT soundsn familiar Turk

the 12 th man
05/10/2011, 9:52 AM
Can we keep this thread on topic lads?,FAI Junior Cup,start a new thread if you want the conversation to go a different direction.

AlanOB
05/10/2011, 5:30 PM
Excellent result for regional,if Doyle had took his chance at 1 0,could have been different story,in the end regional were worthy winners,Alan finucane put in a very good shift for the winners.life in the auld dog still.back to the drawing board for view.

Attended this game. Very impressed with Regional's organisation. Kept two tight banks of four in defence all game and denied space to Dean McNamara who was trying to play between the lines in a 4-2-3-1 for Fairview.

Fairview looked nothing like a cohesive unit and look vulnerable defensively all game particularly in the full back areas. The left back had a mare and was responsible for the first goal. The right full was taken off at HT.

Regional's number 6 in midfield was the best player on the park. Strong, composed and towered over the Fairview midfield three.

Market's Field
05/10/2011, 8:58 PM

On a par with 'the world is flat' Fact

abbeyvale
10/10/2011, 11:26 PM
Sun 16/10/11
Newport V Geraldines, 2.00, T Meagher

ponyobrien
14/10/2011, 10:00 AM
Does anybody know how subs can be named for FAI Junior cup games

Leon
14/10/2011, 10:53 AM

You get their birth certs and then copy there name on to the match day card prior to kick off, Then when you feel the need, you wave at the referee and roar that you want to make a change, I hope this helps. Id say by your lack of knowledge of the game that ye wont be going far in the FAI this year, Ha Ha. To answer the question you meant to ask, I think you can only name 5

xpskid
14/10/2011, 11:21 AM
The matchcard just asks to list 1-16 on the card and each player must be listed on the card as per the number worn. Any 11 of the 16 can start (does not have to be numbered 1-11 at start of game) and any 3 of the remaining 5 can be introduced.

theboywonder8
14/10/2011, 11:50 AM
The matchcard just asks to list 1-16 on the card and each player must be listed on the card as per the number worn. Any 11 of the 16 can start (does not have to be numbered 1-11 at start of game) and any 3 of the remaining 5 can be introduced.

Correct and right,a few pike players didn't wear no's 1 to 11 in last years final.I know Mullins wore no 12

ponyobrien
14/10/2011, 5:03 PM
Can anybody smart enough to figure out that I meant how many subs can be named, answer me? I think 7 are allowed.

theboywonder8
14/10/2011, 6:01 PM
Can anybody smart enough to figure out that I meant how many subs can be named, answer me? I think 7 are allowed.

You may be right pony,and I wasn't being smart,I think you are allowed 7

ponyobrien
14/10/2011, 8:12 PM
You may be right pony,and I wasn't being smart,I think you are allowed 7

That wasn't aimed at you

Aldo
16/10/2011, 7:22 PM
Kerry/Clare/Desmond League
Round 2 Results
Ruan Utd (Clare) 0-3 Spa Road Celtic (Kerry)
Avenue Utd (Clare) v Burren Utd (Clare)
Rathkeale FC (Desmond) 2-1 Castleisland FC (Kerry)
Newcastle West Rovers (Desmond) 1-0 Connolly Celtic (Clare)
Classic FC (Kerry) 3-1 Killarney Celtic (Kerry)
Adare Utd (Desmond) 0-1 Dingle Bay Rovers (Kerry)
Coole FC (Clare) 2-5 Newcastle West FC (Desmond)
Ballingarry FC (Desmond) 2-1 Listowel Celtic (Kerry)
Manus Celtic (Clare) 3-2 Lifford FC (Clare)
Newmarket Celtic (Clare) 4-2 Bridge Utd (Clare)
Ennis Town Rock(Clare) 2-0 CSKA Tralee (Kerry),(Ennis Town Rock recieved walkover)
Abbeyfeale FC (Desmond) 0-0 Tralee Dynamos (Kerry) (Tralee Dynamos won on Penalties AET)
Bunratty Cratloe (Clare) 2-0 Sporting Ennistymon (Clare)
Ringmahon Rgs v Tralee Celtic (Kerry), (Tralee Celtic into next rd as Ringmahon are not in this section)
Kilkishen Celtic (Clare) P v P Shannonside FC (Desmond)
St Brendans Park (Kerry) 1-3 Broadford Utd (Desmond)

fifty50
16/10/2011, 7:40 PM
newmarket celtic were playing bridge utd (clare) not glin rovers (desmond), the won 4 2
bridge utd had beaten glin rovers 3 1 in the previous round

Fairkop
16/10/2011, 7:45 PM
another kerry team giving a walkover in the FAI.this needs to be sorted by the powers that be,its a disgrace our premier competition being subjected to this.

buddygeary23
16/10/2011, 7:51 PM
totally agree with fairkop... anyone know when the draw for the next round is??

Aldo
16/10/2011, 7:58 PM
newmarket celtic were playing bridge utd (clare) not glin rovers (desmond), the won 4 2
bridge utd had beaten glin rovers 3 1 in the previous round
Sorry but was only putting up the results that I was given. If everyone could put up the results they have then it would be easier on everyone else trying to get the information out there for others to see correctly.

swinfordfc
16/10/2011, 9:09 PM
Ballina Town, Castlebar Celtic, Manulla, Charlestown Athletic, Claremorris, Partry Athletic, Killala, Urlaur United, Bangor Hibs, Mulranny United and Westport United through to FAI Round 3 in Mayo Section. S+F Utd v Clew Bay Utd to be play next week to join them.

Back n the game
17/10/2011, 8:13 AM
Ballina Town, Castlebar Celtic, Manulla, Charlestown Athletic, Claremorris, Partry Athletic, Killala, Urlaur United, Bangor Hibs, Mulranny United and Westport United through to FAI Round 3 in Mayo Section. S+F Utd v Clew Bay Utd to be play next week to join them.

No surprises in Mayo apart from Partrys demolition of Ballinrobe. When is the draw for the next round??

CousinSylDolan
17/10/2011, 8:47 AM
FAI Junior Cup Round 3 Draw
1 Classic FC. v Avenue United or Burren United
2 Tralee Celtic v Newcastlewest Rvs.
3 Kilkishen Clt. or Shannonside FC. v Castleisland.
4 Spa Road Clt v Tralee Dynamoes.
5 Dingle Bay Rovers v Bunratty Cratloe FC.
6 Manus FC. V Broadford Utd.
7 Ennis Town Rock. v Newcastlewest FC.
8 Newmarket Clt. v Ballingarry FC.

theboywonder8
17/10/2011, 9:04 AM
totally agree with fairkop... anyone know when the draw for the next round is??

Pike are at home to charleville

thomas72
17/10/2011, 9:26 AM
Murroe v Carew park