PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

thomas72
18/09/2011, 12:03 PM
Carew park 2 kilfiane 1, Albert slattery, mange,

Was not there but from what I heard carew were poor. A lot of players rested but well done to kilfinane made a good of it. BEst of luck to them for the rest of the season.

mrman
18/09/2011, 12:06 PM
was at the hillceltic v Wembley game fair play to HC won by 2 goals to 1, a big shock, but they deserved it

stelling
18/09/2011, 12:09 PM
What time is Janesboro and Pike today lads?

twohalves
18/09/2011, 12:11 PM
Result: Hill celtic 2-1 Wembley rovers.

lankyboy26
18/09/2011, 12:14 PM
Charleville 3 Corbally 2 (after extra time)

Jofspring
18/09/2011, 12:42 PM
Abbey 0-3 Coonagh

Lev Yashin
18/09/2011, 12:44 PM
Shannon town 3 Lisnagry 2

hotspur
18/09/2011, 2:22 PM
What time is Janesboro and Pike today lads?

Pike 2 up,

wanderer
18/09/2011, 2:27 PM
Too slow and a shaper??,35 goals last season from midfield and prob the same every other year,cop yourself on will you,scored the winner last year in final,junior international,that'll just tell you what you know.

was at that final.he was the worst player on the pitch except for st. micks keeper who should have stopped the free kick blindfolded

wanderer
18/09/2011, 2:28 PM
hartnett left out today pike 2 up.

Football MaD
18/09/2011, 3:24 PM
hartnett left out today pike 2 up.
pike 2 o victors.what about the sheik.whats his next move.

Aanother
18/09/2011, 3:27 PM
Poor boro

leather
18/09/2011, 3:43 PM
Well done to Pike Rvs today. Very professional performance. I think that a special mention should goto Colm enright.... Top class performance. Beft of luck in the next round.

leather
18/09/2011, 3:47 PM
Poor boro

In what respect may I ask?

Zizou
18/09/2011, 5:53 PM
Shannon Hibs 2-2 Granville
Granville won on pens 3-2 aet
An excellent display from us today, fighting back from 2-0 down at half time to force extra time and pens, in which our keeper Kevin Mc Glinchey was superb in saving two and forcing another wide. We got back into the game when Sean Buckley went through and slotted past the onrushing keeper. Then Jason Benn showed real strikers instincts for the second, poking home from 6 yards. It was no less than we deserved and in the shootout we missed one (muggins) and Kev stopped two, the first of which was a class save. On to round two and my dream of a Pike-Granville final is still alive.. :D
Best for us: Niall 'The Gaffer' Walsh.

tedd11
18/09/2011, 6:19 PM
thought pike were deserved victors today.they really upped there game in the second half and won nearly all there personal battles.thought the back 4 were all good.enright had a great game as did boyle and mullins.neville looked very assured in goal.the early goal gave pike the upper hand but boro were unlucky not to equalise twice in first half.thought the ref wasnt great considering he had 2 linesmen.some very strange decisions.how he gave pike a peno and didnt give the boro one for walters getting totally taken out of it il never know.there was no way one was a penalty and the other wasnt.changed the game completely and pike never looked like losing after the went 2 up.thought kavanagh really took control of things in the second half.pike will go very close again this year.the best team won on the day.think boro can feel a bit hard done by though on afew of the refereeing decisions

tedd11
18/09/2011, 6:23 PM
charleville 3-2 corbally (AET) played on an excellent pitch in charleville in an absolute gale.corbally goals by dave morris and fergal o connell.all in all a poor performance by us.dominated most of the game and didnt take our chances.took our eye off the ball for 10mins and let charleville back into the game.corbally reduced to 10 men on 80mins for a professional foul.charleville took there chances well and in the end wanted it more.best of luck to them in the next round

abbeyvale
18/09/2011, 8:48 PM
Mungret 1-0 Star (aet)

Star dominated the first half and should have been 4 or 5 up at the break.

Mungret came into it in the 2nd half which was fairly level.

90 mins finished 0-0, and in ET both team had chances, when Mungret scored from a set piece, only for Star to have 2 chances cleared off the line in the last 2 mins of ET.

swinfordfc
18/09/2011, 9:06 PM
Round 2 Mayo Section

Ballina Town v Moy Villa FC
Ballyvarry Blue Bombers v Charlestown Ath.
Claremorris FC v Ballyheane FC
Partry Ath v Ballinrobe Town FC
Killala FC v Newport Town
Iorras Aonaithe FC v Castlebar Celtic
Kilmore FC v Urlaur Utd
Swinford FC v Manulla FC
Hollister FC v Bangor Hibs
Ballyhaunis Town v Mulranny Utd
Westport Utd v Snugboro FC
Straide & Foxford Utd v Clew Bay Utd.

Forever Red
18/09/2011, 9:54 PM
Mungret 1-0 Star (aet)

Star dominated the first half and should have been 4 or 5 up at the break.

Mungret came into it in the 2nd half which was fairly level.

90 mins finished 0-0, and in ET both team had chances, when Mungret scored from a set piece, only for Star to have 2 chances cleared off the line in the last 2 mins of ET.

"4 or 5 up at the break" - are you serious abbey ?? What chances had ye?? Not saying we dominated first half but ye created nothing. The only real chance of a poor first half was when we hit crossbar from a corner?
Overall poor game with star shading it up to full time but I thought in extra time we looked the only winner with 4 or 5 good chances.

Round Tower
18/09/2011, 10:15 PM
Killala V Ballyglass
Killala walkover, it sad that they could not field a team for once a great club,hope it not a sign of a reat club for many seasons

hotspur
19/09/2011, 1:40 AM
At the match today i think the best team won at ease on the day i hope there is no boro bashers but pike looked so much in control from start to finish, on this forum i have heard shane clarks name so much and i think today proved hes not a league of ireland player he can score goals against the average teams today against pike he didnt have a shot at goal, so much bull**** about 1 player is hard to take when you look at the pike forward line who ran themselves into the ground, i am sure he will score 7 next week but against the best defender in limerick he didnt i think boro need to re think.

safe hands
19/09/2011, 2:15 AM
Carew park 2 kilfiane 1, Albert slattery, mange,

Was not there but from what I heard carew were poor. A lot of players rested but well done to kilfinane made a good of it. BEst of luck to them for the rest of the season. you must be takin the **** start of the FAI and yer resting players..show some respect vodafone ye nearly got turned over..

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 7:24 AM
possible shocks this week-end???
charleville to beat corbally(hard to beat down there)
hill celtic to beat wembley(struggling for numbers at the minute)
outside chance for c/lish versus balla(remember i said outside chance)
and herbertstown vrs kilmallock

two out of four...don't know the results of the other two.
pike deserved their win yesterday....thought the difference between the teams was the pike defence dominated.
enright was excellent followed closely by mullins.
agree with the earlier comment about the penalty shouts,but still think the better team won

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 7:30 AM
fairview won 10 or 11 nil yesterday.
glenview gave there all in fairness to them.
thought a lot of the young lads,deano, turner, reddan etc. had fine outings.
hopefully things can pick up from here.
also hope that the young lads are given chances to establish themselves in the team now.
did here also that a well known player has or is signing.
will update when the player is signed.

thomas72
19/09/2011, 7:56 AM
you must be takin the **** start of the FAI and yer resting players..show some respect vodafone ye nearly got turned over..

LOL carew used there squad some lads carrying a few little niggles over playing 3 tough games in around five or sIx days last week. been DIsrespectful to kilfinane or the comp no chance just don't want little niggles turning into a month out injuried.
I can do you a deal aswell change networks ha ha.

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 8:32 AM
I bet theboywonder8 is bulling that he got suspended.. He will be a week behind with all his gloating and insulting :)

pike did deserve the win though.
take a very good team to stop them.
tough one on the boro.another one going in the next round with regional and the view playing each other.
anyone got the result from the balla and kilmallock matches??

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 8:35 AM
Round 2 Mayo Section

Ballina Town v Moy Villa FC
Ballyvarry Blue Bombers v Charlestown Ath.
Claremorris FC v Ballyheane FC
Partry Ath v Ballinrobe Town FC
Killala FC v Newport Town
Iorras Aonaithe FC v Castlebar Celtic
Conn Rangers FC v Urlaur Utd
Swinford FC v Manulla FC
Hollister FC v Bangor Hibs
Ballyhaunis Town v Mulranny Utd
Westport Utd v Snugboro FC
Straide & Foxford Utd v Clew Bay Utd.

who would be the top sides in mayo these days??
just on reputation the iorrais and castlebar tie looks the big clash no??

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 8:40 AM
Was at the match yesterday best team won handy on the day.(score could have been 10 2 to pike )mullins had clake in his pocket all day pikes back line are class young dunny had a great game v waters neville in goal did very well could of went home in second half pike man for man better all round the pitch.bad form also out of the boro to charge €5 to watch the match i know they have a lot of overheads to pay but €5 is to muc. i hope my kids dont look for cones off the whipy man they have gone up to €10.00 for a 99.

bit harsh on the boro...better team won but 10-2???
as for the fiver,i am inclined to agree with you there.
but the boro are not the only club who up their prices for big clashes.
think in this day and age 3 or 4 euro is enough,with no charge for OAP'S and schoolboys.
also think the people that are not working should only be asked for half that.
lord knows there are enough of those people around these days thanks to bertie and co.

allab
19/09/2011, 8:48 AM
pike did deserve the win though.
take a very good team to stop them.
tough one on the boro.another one going in the next round with regional and the view playing each other.
anyone got the result from the balla and kilmallock matches??
Balla won 6-1 and kilmallock won 5-0

Bonovox
19/09/2011, 8:56 AM
bit harsh on the boro...better team won but 10-2???
as for the fiver,i am inclined to agree with you there.
but the boro are not the only club who up their prices for big clashes.
think in this day and age 3 or 4 euro is enough,with no charge for OAP'S and schoolboys.
also think the people that are not working should only be asked for half that.
lord knows there are enough of those people around these days thanks to bertie and co.

€5 is fair value for a match of this magnitude. How do you know if someone is working or not? I'm sure everyone who is working will tell the lad on the gate "I'm working, make sure you charge me full whack" :D

Bonovox
19/09/2011, 8:59 AM
A club that "allegedly" pays some,if not all their first team players in an amateur competition is cheating and does not deserve any credit. so for that reason only no credit to PIKE or BORO. Play by the rules,boys.

Dead right too!

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 9:05 AM
€5 is fair value for a match of this magnitude. How do you know if someone is working or not? I'm sure everyone who is working will tell the lad on the gate "I'm working, make sure you charge me full whack" :D

`labour card...the point i am making is that it's only the first round.
glamour tie,admittedly,but you can't(or should'nt)vary the price of the first round game based on who you are playing.
let's face it,if they were playing a div.4 side would they have charged a fiver???
remember this is not a critisism of the boro...it's for all the clubs who up their prices on that basis

leather
19/09/2011, 9:06 AM
please remind me how much was the addmission for last years clash between Pike and Fairview... also kids with their parent(s) were free of charge.

blinkx
19/09/2011, 9:10 AM

Match of this Magnitude?? Second Round of the FAI Cup.
The Boro-Pike game was on the same magnitude as Hill Celtic - Wembley, and that was only 3euro in. Lets be realistic.

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 9:16 AM
please remind me how much was the addmission for last years clash between Pike and Fairview... also kids with their parent(s) were free of charge.

my point exactly leather...
also i didn't say the boro charged kids.
i said they should be free at all matches other then matches played under MJC and FAI juristiction.
it's a failure on many clubs parts,not just boro.
and it's just a bit of constructive critisism.
a small thing really.
would you not think that clubs should come together and agree a set fee for matches??
might be difficult,particularly for teams whose pitch is not enclosed,but might be worth looking at

Jofspring
19/09/2011, 9:41 AM
Match of this Magnitude?? Second Round of the FAI Cup.
The Boro-Pike game was on the same magnitude as Hill Celtic - Wembley, and that was only 3euro in. Lets be realistic.

....and Abbey vs Coonagh and that was free :D

In fairness I think it should just be contributons on the gate. People give what they can, some will give a fiver if they can afford it and some will give less.

First
19/09/2011, 10:01 AM
Is there another FAI Junior Cup 2011/12 thread?

Round Tower
19/09/2011, 10:33 AM
who would be the top sides in mayo these days??
just on reputation the iorrais and castlebar tie looks the big clash no??

There is a no of big clashes not necessary the Iorrauis V Celtic clash as Celtic will be a bit too strong as they came back from the national U20 league and won the top league in Mayo. The other big clashes are Westport and Snugbora who had a strong finish to their league campaign wining their last 4 matches to save themselves from relegatio. Straide and Foxford V Clew Bay finished 2nd and 3rd respectfully in the 2nd tier of the Mayo league.There is one mistake in that draw it should read Kilmore V Urlaur, Conn Rangers lost on pens.

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 10:48 AM
There is a no of big clashes not necessary the Iorrauis V Celtic clash as Celtic will be a bit too strong as they came back from the national U20 league and won the top league in Mayo. The other big clashes are Westport and Snugbora who had a strong finish to their league campaign wining their last 4 matches to save themselves from relegatio. Straide and Foxford V Clew Bay finished 2nd and 3rd respectfully in the 2nd tier of the Mayo league.There is one mistake in that draw it should read Kilmore V Urlaur, Conn Rangers lost on pens.
thanks round tower..my club got beaten by iorrais,as did pike, in 2009.
in fairness,fairview had enough chances to win two matches on the day but did not take them.
castelbar celtic should be strong,going on what you are saying so.
mayo always seems to produce a team that get to the latter stages of this comp.
ioarrais,westport,castlebar,straide etc.

the 12 th man
19/09/2011, 10:49 AM
Is there another FAI Junior Cup 2011/12 thread?

Nope,this is the place.

mrman
19/09/2011, 11:34 AM
here is the video of the goals, from yesterdays pike v boro game, serious how did the keeper not save the first goal, he was left flat footed, Lads Alan Barry must be the best junior soccer player around at the moment, he was by far my man of the match, byw who did get man of the match and Pike were a class ahead of the boro,
http://www.limericksoccer.com/apps/videos/videos/show/14819634-alan-barry
the first goal is in very slow motion

nononsense
19/09/2011, 11:51 AM
Nope,this is the place.

Pity. Contributions from areas outside of Limerick badly needed.

mysteryman
19/09/2011, 12:59 PM
its sunday league amateur soccer... why is there a charge to watch any form of 'amateur' soccer on a sunday afternoon let alone a fiver.

blinkx
19/09/2011, 1:39 PM
its sunday league amateur soccer... why is there a charge to watch any form of 'amateur' soccer on a sunday afternoon let alone a fiver.

Same way there was a charge to watch the 'Amateur' Gaelic Football match in Dublin yesterday afternoon.

First
19/09/2011, 1:43 PM

All clubs have operational expenses, some have additional expenses.

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 1:56 PM
Same way there was a charge to watch the 'Amateur' Gaelic Football match in Dublin yesterday afternoon.

clubs need to generate income lads...
running of clubs is expensive,particularly if you have a host of schoolboy teams to cater for.
it's the amount charged that i have a slight problem with,by all clubs.

foot2
19/09/2011, 2:11 PM
Anyone know the view line up

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 2:26 PM
ryan(stewart)m.ryan,chucka,b.fitz,cawley?,w'o'brie n,c.reddan,k.turner,d.mac,c.doyle can't remember who else

foot2
19/09/2011, 2:29 PM
How come bennis not in goals..