PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23

cufc champions
17/01/2012, 9:29 AM
Also Waterford not doing too bad either considering there is only 2 teams that come out of the area.

Longshanks
17/01/2012, 9:49 AM
Also Waterford not doing too bad either considering there is only 2 teams that come out of the area.

I remember looking at the number of teams each league is allocated in the open draw(last 64). The Waterford League only gets 2 teams through to open draw and always seem to have a team in the latter stages whereas the Cork Leagues get 8 teams through and rarely get a team to the latter stages. I'll have a look and see it i can repost it.

Longshanks
17/01/2012, 10:19 AM
here are the quarter finalists from the last 7 years:

Winners Runners Up Semis Semis Quarters
2005 Westport Crystal Carew Hibs Bellurgan Killester Ballynanty Park

2006 Crystal Athenry Killester Castlebar Clonmel T Aisling Pike Portmarnock

2007 Killester Bosco Villa Salthill Wembley Carrick West Grattan

2008 Carrick Killester Corduff Castlebar Redcastle Manor St Micks Clonmel T

2009 Ballymun St Peters Bohs Erris Sherriff Clonmel T Fairview Lissleton

2010 Fairview St Micks Regional Clonmel T Pike Shangan Willow Killmallock

2011 Pike St Micks New Ross Sherriff Athenry S Peters North End Cavan Town

cufc champions
17/01/2012, 10:46 AM

Decent record for a cup competition. If the WJL was combined with WWEC whiich it should be there would a 3rd Waterford rep every year in the out of town stages. Instead the TSDL NTDL and WWEC are joined together to give them 4 spots from 3 leagues. Crazy stuff considering the WJL are joined with the WWEC in the munster junior cup.

Roberto
17/01/2012, 11:36 AM
Decent record for a cup competition. If the WJL was combined with WWEC whiich it should be there would a 3rd Waterford rep every year in the out of town stages. Instead the TSDL NTDL and WWEC are joined together to give them 4 spots from 3 leagues. Crazy stuff considering the WJL are joined with the WWEC in the munster junior cup.

You just have to hand it to the TSDL's Tommy Lewis :o

cufc champions
17/01/2012, 11:45 AM
Ballymote v Carrick has being fixed for this Sunday.

Roberto
17/01/2012, 11:50 AM
Ballymote v Carrick has being fixed for this Sunday.

Do the Waterford league have a website?

cufc champions
17/01/2012, 11:52 AM
Do the Waterford league have a website?
http://wjl.leaguerepublic.com

Basic Enough

The Ref
17/01/2012, 11:55 AM
I remember looking at the number of teams each league is allocated in the open draw(last 64). The Waterford League only gets 2 teams through to open draw and always seem to have a team in the latter stages whereas the Cork Leagues get 8 teams through and rarely get a team to the latter stages. I'll have a look and see it i can repost it.

If I remember correctly, it depends on how many teams from a league enter.

G3rryB
17/01/2012, 12:23 PM
I heard Carrick where playing an other game instead this week?

Longshanks
17/01/2012, 12:28 PM

from the Viewfromthetouchline website:
Fixtures Sunday 22nd Jan 2012.

FAI Umbro Junior Cup 6th Round KO 2pm
Ballymote Celtic v Carrick Utd

G3rryB
17/01/2012, 12:33 PM
from the Viewfromthetouchline website:
Fixtures Sunday 22nd Jan 2012.

FAI Umbro Junior Cup 6th Round KO 2pm
Ballymote Celtic v Carrick Utd

That must be it so, I just thought it was gonna be connacht cup this week.

cufc champions
17/01/2012, 12:45 PM
They were orignally supposed to play Shannonside in the Munster Junior Cup, the FAI insisted this game be played. All roads lead to Ballymote 4hrs and 11mins on the route planner from Carrick. It will be a long day Sunday.

theboywonder8
17/01/2012, 8:03 PM

Just throw into the mix,that pike havent been beaten in fai since 2009,away to erris,rule them out at yere peril,

Longshanks
18/01/2012, 10:25 AM
Just throw into the mix,that pike havent been beaten in fai since 2009,away to erris,rule them out at yere peril,

since Ballygawley lost to Pike in 2007, they are also unbeaten in the FAI :cool:

Mighty almighty
18/01/2012, 10:38 AM
congratulations to midleton fc,watched them win both games against both top two teams in carlow.....two very gritty wins i must say.they are the last team from cork at this stage,a great achivement by any club.they are playing against a very good ballymun side at home in the next round,going by boyles odds....any one have any idea or opinions on them on how good they are?

Longshanks
18/01/2012, 12:20 PM
Some long trips for Junior Clubs to make in the next round

UPDATED 7th DRAW

KUFC V Ballymote/Carrick: Waterford to Sligo, to Dublin
Milford V Pike: Limerick to Donegal
Sheriff YC V ST Michaels: Tipp to Dublin
Tramore ATH V Carndonagh: Donegal to Waterford
O Devaney V Broadford: Limerick to Dublin
Peakevilla V Sandyhill: Tipp to Dublin
Clonmel Celtic V Trinity Corinthians: Dublin to Tipp
Midleton V Ballymun: Dublin to Cork

6 Dublin teams, 3 Tipp, 2 Donegal, 2 Limerick, 2 Waterford, 1 Cork and 1 Sligo are the areas that the 17 remaining teams are from, some long trips possible in the 1/4 ers

nononsense
18/01/2012, 5:34 PM
Not that much travelling in my opinion. Quarter-finals should see Dublin(3) Waterford(2) Tipp(2) and Limerick (1).

Minesapint
18/01/2012, 5:43 PM
My teams to win are Kufc, milford, sheriff, tramore, o devaney, sandyhill, clonmel celtic, ballymun.

theboywonder8
18/01/2012, 5:45 PM
Not that much travelling in my opinion. Quarter-finals should see Dublin(3) Waterford(2) Tipp(2) and Limerick (1).
Agree with you there,

sportsfan
18/01/2012, 6:00 PM
Paddy Power

Pike Rovers
11/4 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Clonmel Celtic
9/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Sandyhill Celtic
25/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Sheriff YC
7/2 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Carrick United
11/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Milford
50/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Tramore
11/2 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Peake Villa
16/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Carndonagh
50/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

St Michaels
15/2 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

O'Devaney/Dunard
20/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Ballymun
9/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Kilbarrack United
22/1 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/fai-junior-cup)

Boylesports

Pike Rovers 3/1

Sheriff YC 3/1

Tramore 13/2

Ballymun Utd 8/1

St Michaels 10/1

Carrick Utd 11/1

Clonmel Celtic 11/1

O'Devaney 16/1

Kilbarrack United 20/1

SANDYHILL CELTIC 22/1

Peakevilla FC 22/1

Trinity Corinthians 25/1

Carndonagh FC 50/1

Milford United 66/1

Broadford United AFC 66/1

Midleton FC 100/1

Ballymote 125/1

10/1 for St. Michaels in Boyles very tempting. Very tough tie away to Sheriff on astro turf pitch. Saints unbeaten all season in all competitions a great record considering their run of away draws. Big price for a team that reached final for past 2 years. If they can overcome Sheriff they will be no more than 3/1.

brownetube
19/01/2012, 3:29 AM
10/1 is a great price to get michaels at if they get passed sherieff..but tats a big if! i watch sheriff play regularly on there astro and the football they play on it is quality. they havnt lost a game since the opening day of the season in august in a freak result and micheals unbeaten all season, 2 teams on form its the game of the round and should be a great 1 to watch cant wait! of the dub teams remaining think sheriff, ballmun, odev will progress cant call the kilbarrack and sandyhill games as it cud be a coin toss (penos) to see who goes trough, Trinity corinthians will go out wont be strong enough in clonmel..

also any1 know what county the final is in this year or has it even been picked yet??

Longshanks
19/01/2012, 10:21 AM

I'll go with a last 8 of:

Carrick, Pike, Sherriff, Tramore, O'Devaney(??), Peakevilla, Clonmel, Ballymun.

Sherriff v St Michaels would be well worth a view. O'Devaney and Sandyhill are teams that I feel most of us(contributors to the thread) know very little about. Carrick, Pike, Clonmel, Ballymun are fairly well known quality sides and should have too much for their opposition, I've read some good things about Tramore too.

But it is cup football and anything can happen, best of luck to Ballymote on Sunday against Carrick, hope to get to see some of the game. Athenry are in town on the Conn Cup at the same time, might try to get a half in each game

cufc champions
19/01/2012, 10:53 AM
Carrick are looking for a 12pm kick off Longshanks, if that goes ahead you will get both games in.

Longshanks
19/01/2012, 11:27 AM
Carrick are looking for a 12pm kick off Longshanks, if that goes ahead you will get both games in.

CUFC, will you post on here if the game is confirmed for 12pm, chhers

cufc champions
19/01/2012, 11:35 AM
Will do

republican
19/01/2012, 2:46 PM
almost everyone is writing saints chances off away to sheriff, should saints bother turning up???? while all at saints will recognise the size of the task 'huge' saints will not be in awe here and will relish the task. remember saints have contested the last 2 junior cup final's.

Roberto
19/01/2012, 3:19 PM
almost everyone is writing saints chances off away to sheriff, should saints bother turning up???? while all at saints will recognise the size of the task 'huge' saints will not be in awe here and will relish the task. remember saints have contested the last 2 junior cup final's.

I would never write St Michaels off no matter who they were playing. However, considering how big a challenge Sheriff will be maybe they should rest a few players this Sunday and have them fit and ready for that game ;)

theboywonder8
19/01/2012, 6:16 PM
Is fahy and richie ryan out for that game?if so it will make the task all that more difficult,especially with sherrifs two new signings.

theboywonder8
19/01/2012, 6:20 PM
My teams to win are Kufc, milford, sheriff, tramore, o devaney, sandyhill, clonmel celtic, ballymun.
Milford???

cufc champions
19/01/2012, 8:50 PM
Ballymote v Carrick stays a 2pm kick off

Minesapint
20/01/2012, 7:23 AM
Milford???
I think they will beat pike , from what i saw of pike i think milford can take them at home.

Minesapint
20/01/2012, 8:59 AM
So you have seen milford play so ?
No i have seen pike play.

Longshanks
20/01/2012, 9:00 AM
So you have seen milford play so ?

have you?????

Mighty almighty
20/01/2012, 3:09 PM
Anybody have any opinions on ballymun united,I no a local team playing them in next round,they are going well in there league,what kind of a outfit are they!!

Minesapint
20/01/2012, 6:08 PM
So you have seen pike play but not milford.you must think pike are very poor so to say they will beat pike without watching them.and yes i have seen pike play many times.
very average teams have run them very close thats my opinion and donegal is a long trip.

KUFCMan
22/01/2012, 3:19 PM
Any result from Balymote?

KUFCMan
22/01/2012, 4:17 PM
RESULT

Ballymote 1-4 Carrick Utd

Longshanks
22/01/2012, 10:47 PM
actually didnt stir today, so missed the game.....Carrick must've been good value. await confirmation from CUFC

carrick hoops
22/01/2012, 11:46 PM
wasnt at the game , but the talk around the town is, ballymote could have been 2 up in first half , but carrick got 3 goals in 10 mins to kill off game ..
everyone in club happy to be in last 16, with a much changed squad from previous years , still great experience there though , both in players, coaches , and club .... WELL DONE !!!!

cufc champions
23/01/2012, 2:43 PM
Great win yesterday in testing conditions, Ballymote missed one chance and were denied what looked to be a clear penalty at nil nil when there striker was felled by Adrian Walsh. Carricks wingers destroyed both flanks of the Ballymote defence and were rewarded for their excellence with goals from John James Keyes, John Murphy pen and Ian Clery in a devasting spell right before half time. John James Keyes added another with a good finish from a Martin Griffin cross with 20 to go. Ballymote got one back almost immediately following a misjudgement in the Carrick defence.

G3rryB
23/01/2012, 10:43 PM
Shocking how Ballymote didn't get a penalty and then ye go down the other end and get one, and both were penalties don't get me wrong. Ballymote were the better team for most of the first half and then ye had that devastating spell which finished it. I heard the linesman said it should have been a penalty! Why didn't he flag for it so?

cufc champions
23/01/2012, 11:06 PM
As I said it looked a clear penalty, I thought the officials were poor, if that game was in Waterford or Tipp, there would have being many more yellows and possibly reds. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

G3rryB
23/01/2012, 11:38 PM
Ya definitely should have been more bookings! What did you think of Ballymotes team?

cufc champions
23/01/2012, 11:50 PM
Ya definitely should have been more bookings! What did you think of Ballymotes team?
A decent outfit, very strong but seemed to lack fitness, their right back and midfielder were blowing after 20 mins. I was very impressed by their 2 strikers especially the number 9, he was causing alot of problems especially when dropping deep to collect the ball, he made our defenders follow him and thus causing holes to appear in behind. The wind and the soft pitch probably killed any chance of decent football being played though.

G3rryB
24/01/2012, 12:48 AM
Ya good assessment, Carrick were very fit and it showed on the flanks. Ha which midfielder are you talking about? Ya pitch was poor and you can't really do anything about the wind. Yer a proper outfit kept going even when 4 nil up and no giving out when things are going against ye is a good thing. Some tidy players there and I'd say ye might have a shout of winning it. Very impressed by the left midfielder, class act. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

Longshanks
24/01/2012, 9:18 AM
G3rryB

was chatting to some one who was playing for ye, said you should've had a pen at 0-0 alright, but that Carrick were a class outfit and a step too far for ye. He was really impressed with the Carrick set-up and also reckoned that they would be contenders.

with only 3 teams getting out of Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon area its rare enough that clubs like Ballymote get a run in it, and when you do its best to enjoy it and go out to a really good team as opposed to a narrow defeat to a middling team. playing the likes of Carrick should be a great experience and an eye opener for a progressive club like Ballymote and shows the level that all should be aspiring to. Hope ye get a good run in the Connacht Cup too.

KUFCMan
07/02/2012, 1:49 PM
BOYLESPORTS MATCH BETTING

9-4 Kilbarrack.9-4 Draw.1-1 Carrick
4 Midleton.12-5 Draw.4-7 Ballymun
11-10 Sheriff YC.11-5 Draw.2 ST Michaels
11-8 Peakevilla.9-4 Draw.7-4 Saandyhill
1-3 Tramore.3 Draw.7 Carndonaagh
2-5 O Devaney.11-4 Draw.6 Broadford
9-2 Milford.5-2 Draw.8-15 Pike
2-9 Clonmel Celtic.4 Draw.8 Trinity Cor

Radiostar
07/02/2012, 4:51 PM
Midleton at home would be well worth a flutter at 4 to 1. Decent side very capable of upsetting Ballymun.

nigel-harps1954
07/02/2012, 6:30 PM
9-2 Milford is a good shout for a few quid. Milford are no pushovers and there will be a big home crowd. Could be a big upset there.