PDA

View Full Version : Red fm

thecorner
07/07/2004, 12:46 PM
Looks like red fm are trying to get in on our new found success

ditrubuting 6000 sheets of a3 green paper before the game on sunday

where were they for malmo and nec away games

the must have been reading our posts cos on the other side is ten ways we can help city beat nec

FourFiveOne
07/07/2004, 12:50 PM
Lucky I didn't go ahead and order the 4000 A3 green sheets were planning on so!

OK, what do we do now?

People, any ideas?

Peadar
07/07/2004, 12:54 PM
People, any ideas?

Well, since RedFM are coming onboard with the colour (and very welcome they are too) perhaps you can do something to increase the noise?
Ideally you'd have Erics dotted around the ground to get each of the different sections going.

Colm
07/07/2004, 12:56 PM
Fair play to RedFM for doing this. It's just up to the people in all parts of the ground that wouldn't normally be involved in the atmosphere to play their parts now.

thecorner
07/07/2004, 12:57 PM
It's just up to the people in all parts of the ground that wouldn't normally be involved in the atmosphere to play their parts now.

still cant imagine it happening though

NorthoftheLee
07/07/2004, 1:00 PM
Lucky I didn't go ahead and order the 4000 A3 green sheets were planning on so!

OK, what do we do now?

People, any ideas?

get some white an red ones.........bit of colour variation wouldnt so astray......we could still do some sort of green white and red display in the shed...balloons?? green white and red ballooons??? anyone know where to get theses cheap??? wholesalers or something??

thecorner
07/07/2004, 1:17 PM
not sure how expense that is because do they use something to lauch the balloons into the sky when you see these balloon displays at other events?

think they keep them in a net or something

pete
07/07/2004, 1:35 PM
Ideally you'd have Erics dotted around the ground to get each of the different sections going.

Human cloning isn't a option yet though.

Hows about decorating the shed or something with streamers (http://www.redultras.net/afc%20display%20pic.htm)

SÓC
07/07/2004, 1:39 PM
where were they for malmo and nec away games

They had reports all day, live updates and the last twenty minutes live commentary in Nijmegen.

Fair play to them for sorting out the Green cards.

GavinZac
07/07/2004, 1:43 PM
are fireworks still banned? some small green and red ones as the team came out would be class. having a group of five people in each stand designated as chant leaders could work. if 1000 people in another stand and the 5 people next to you are singing 'stand up', you'd stand up. a drums band on the pitch at half time would be class, up the other end away from laaaaangan. we could ask everybody to wear green, white or red. the shed had its colours but we'd too many 'casuals' in the stands :D

FourFiveOne
07/07/2004, 1:50 PM
Human cloning isn't a option yet though.

Hows about decorating the shed or something with streamers (http://www.redultras.net/afc%20display%20pic.htm)

We have 150 green till rolls sorted for the Shed. Talk to the guy with the megaphone to get your hands on one.

By the way anyone who wants to help with waving flags or anything else that is going on, see ye on front of the Shed at 3pm on Sunday.

Any more ideas?

FourFiveOne
07/07/2004, 1:53 PM
How about this kinda thing for the Shed?

http://www.redultras.net/misc/pages/2004_0124_122648AA_JPG.htm

4 or 5 green strips of material

michaelguineys
07/07/2004, 1:59 PM
How about this kinda thing for the Shed?

http://www.redultras.net/misc/pages/2004_0124_122648AA_JPG.htm

4 or 5 green strips of material

Could that be done by the Donie Forde?
The Shed will be full of colour as it is so wud be gud to get sumthin goin for there.

Any suggestions for St Annes end???

Eric
07/07/2004, 2:07 PM
We have 150 green till rolls sorted for the Shed. Talk to the guy with the megaphone to get your hands on one.

??????????????????????? :confused:

Neil
07/07/2004, 2:19 PM

They'll be around you somewhere there in the Shed... not necesarily all in your jacket!

Snatch
07/07/2004, 2:24 PM
Fair dues to Red FM for implementing this idea. If only Guinness would donate some barrells for the after match party. ;)

I wonder what the ten ways to get behind City are? Will they need help in handing them out?

My flag will make a much overdue return to the Shed on Sunday. I finally convinved the Old Lade to sew on a green patch instead of a red one! :p
It'll be a bit overshadowed by the tifo flags but it will add a bit of colour.

I don't know why more people don't bring conveniently wavable flags. Didn't the club shop sell handy sized Italian flags with a City crest in the middle?

Eric
07/07/2004, 2:26 PM
They'll be around you somewhere there in the Shed... not necesarily all in your jacket!

I was wondering, I'd look like the marshmallow man trying to get in with all of them!!!

ian
07/07/2004, 2:34 PM
hahahaha i say you would Eric.

pete
07/07/2004, 2:52 PM
Talk to the guy with the megaphone to get your hands on one.

Will i recognise him? What does he look like?

:confused: ;)

Eric
07/07/2004, 7:40 PM
Will i recognise him? What does he look like?

He'll be the good looking fella in the middle of the Shed!!!! ;)

GavinZac
07/07/2004, 7:52 PM

class, that's two fellas with mics now, yeah?

Eric
07/07/2004, 7:55 PM
class, that's two fellas with mics now, yeah?

Oisin is the only fella at the X who uses a mic!!!! Something ur not telling us Gav?? ;)

GavinZac
07/07/2004, 8:02 PM
as you mention oisin, i demand that pic of him and the horse be uploaded for evidence against him ;)

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2004, 8:22 AM

what you meant to say is that he'll be next to the big good looking fella in the middle of the shed. :eek: :D

A face
08/07/2004, 8:58 PM

:D

Just pictured Eric standing in the shed looking like a suicide bomber, loaded up with till rolls !!

Peadar
14/07/2004, 12:05 PM

ditrubuting 6000 sheets of a3 green paper before the game on sunday

Well done to RedFM.
Their effort greatly contriuted to the colour and atmosphere on Sunday.
All too often this is limited to the shed but on Sunday the whole ground was involved and it looked great.
Here's one person who's hoping for more of the same for the Nantes game.

pete
14/07/2004, 12:08 PM
Always good when companies want to be associated with the clubs success. I don't much time in Cotk these days but the whole Rebel Army on Tour thing seems to adding some competition between the local stations?

Peadar
14/07/2004, 12:11 PM
I don't much time in Cork these days but the whole Rebel Army on Tour thing seems to adding some competition between the local stations?

103FM County Sound cover the home games live.
Not sure about the away games.
I had people call me from Tralee saying that they were listening to it on Sunday. That's great. Maybe we can convert a few more from the Kingdom.

Ruairi
14/07/2004, 12:19 PM

eh??? :confused:

they sponsor the club for christ's sake!

Éanna
15/07/2004, 3:06 PM
red have been very good in terms of coverage for the last 2 years or so, but they let themsleves down by not going to malmo- maybe that was to do with trevor being in portugal? anyway, what they did in holland went some way to making up for it and the fact that they'll be doing the nantes game live is another step in the right direction. as for 96/103- they don't give a monkeys about city for the rest of the year, so I'd take their interest with a pinch of salt- bogball fm

Peadar
15/07/2004, 3:29 PM
as for 96/103- they don't give a monkeys about city for the rest of the year, so I'd take their interest with a pinch of salt- bogball fm

I think it's very important for the likes of 103FM to get involved because they reach a wider audience than the city based radio stations and increase the chances of generating interest in potential fans.
There are roughly 124,000 people in Cork city but roughly 325,000 people in county Cork. Out of approx. 450,000 people, only 8,000 were at Turners Cross last Sunday. There's a huge market in Cork county and bordering counties which isn't being tapped so no media coverage should be dismissed.

Oisin
15/07/2004, 3:46 PM
Cheers for the positive reaction guys but just to correct a point made.

We are availible all over County Cork and our service area is the City and County.

Granted others have the advantage of having one station but being able to chop it up into three different ones to serve each region.

Hope to see you all in France.

Except Ruari who has to work

Ruairi
15/07/2004, 3:47 PM
Except Ruari who has to work

you ba$tard

Peadar
15/07/2004, 3:58 PM
We are availible all over County Cork and our service area is the City and County.

A lot of people down in West Cork are loyal to 103FM since the days of WKLR.
103FM can be picked up as far away as Tralee which is what I was getting at really. I think RedFM attract a younger audience which is why it's so important to have them on board.
I've already congratulated them on a job well done last Sunday.

Colm
15/07/2004, 4:36 PM
Hope to see you all in France.

See you there and don't forget to bring all those RedFM stickers like the last time so we deface yet another foreign City!! :D

michaelguineys
15/07/2004, 5:13 PM
Will red fm be givin out the green placards again at home game v nantes ?
I think they def shud as the ground looked really well with everyone holdin em up

Anyone know? ie oisin

Pablo
15/07/2004, 5:16 PM
i'd imagine they'll wait untill around 8.45 on sunday to make a decision on that!

michaelguineys
15/07/2004, 5:23 PM
i'd imagine they'll wait untill around 8.45 on sunday to make a decision on that!

Why wud they?
City need our support for the home leg regardless of the result of the game on sunday.
Even if we do lose by a gud few goals on sunday, which i hope we dont, we shud still do our best to create a great atmosphere for the return leg in recognition of wat the team have achieved in the Inter Toto this season and to thank them for their performances against malmo and nijmegen

Peadar
19/07/2004, 3:16 PM
RedFM have done their bit so far but it's more important now than ever to get the public behind the club. You've got to get the message out that we DO have a chance and that we must show our support on Saturday by getting behind the team and giving them that lift.
They have to believe they can do it and we have to believe that they can do it. All the media hype in Cork this week will have to reflect and promote that view.
It's now or never!

Fair_play_boy
19/07/2004, 5:14 PM
RedFM have done their bit so far . . . .
They could start by telling us what time the team flies in so that we can go to the airport to show some appreciation. :ball:

Peadar
20/07/2004, 9:08 AM
They could start by telling us what time the team flies in so that we can go to the airport to show some appreciation. :ball:

Were the team not due to come back on the charter flight straight after the game? You'd be a bit late getting to the airport yesterday if that was the case. Go over to watch them against Leeds tonight and show your appreciation there.