The only thing I know about the Vaduz team is that they have a fairly good
offense. I hope we come away with a decent result, its also important for
the home game (crowd numbers). Do the town get any money from the FAI
for the travel expenses??????

Longfordian
07/07/2004, 7:59 AM
Do the town get any money from the FAI
for the travel expenses??????

You must be joking..we'll be lucky to get money for the ground never mind travel expenses.

DaithiT
07/07/2004, 10:35 AM
Who covers there expenses then????? Did they get any money for winning the Cup last season????

Longfordian
07/07/2004, 10:49 AM
The club pays their own way.They got some money for winning the cup alright but not a huge amount, most of it gets swallowed up in day to day expenses, we have to hope a good crowd at the home game covers our expenses for the trip

max power
07/07/2004, 11:29 AM
thus the reason that tickets for the home leg will be a little more expensive, worth it i feel.

as i said on another thread, this is a vital part of our season and everybody needs to get behind the club no matter how you feel things are going at the mo.....

how is flancare coming along ????

Longfordian
07/07/2004, 12:03 PM
A massive amount of work being done by Micky Cox and his troops, fingers crossed we'll be holding it. Tickets likely to be €15 I think

DaithiT
07/07/2004, 3:21 PM
How much are they geting from Flancare??? If the trip costs €650 via munich
for three days what will it cost for the team + Groupies (ie trainer coach physio, doc etc) ?? I reckon it wont be to far away from €20000 at the end of the day..

Longfordian
07/07/2004, 3:36 PM
I' d say it'll be close to that alright. Need to do get a good crowd at home. Whch means we need to keep it alive over there

GavinZac
07/07/2004, 8:17 PM
Liechtenstein has the same population as County Longford (30,000). Yet people are concerned as to whether the Town will beat them. I bet Vaduz will have more home grown players than the Town. Longford may as well be known as Dublin Rejects United. The supporters should also become known as Bandwagon supporters. A few short seasons ago, they couldn't even go to their home games. There was no such thing as supporters with jersies, and a supporters' scarf was a collectors' item. Now they are talking about shelling out about a grand apiece to go to a place most of them are too stupid to pronounce. Get a life Town supporters.

rovers fan, stuck in the past yeah? vaduz are also basically the leichenstein national team, all these players have played against england, etc, including a nice draw v ireland not so long ago.

if you dont want teams from outside the pale, then watch dublin club gaa. they usually only have to play outside dublin once a year.

Regaine
07/07/2004, 10:32 PM
Liechtenstein has the same population as County Longford (30,000). Yet people are concerned as to whether the Town will beat them. I bet Vaduz will have more home grown players than the Town. Longford may as well be known as Dublin Rejects United. The supporters should also become known as Bandwagon supporters. A few short seasons ago, they couldn't even go to their home games. There was no such thing as supporters with jersies, and a supporters' scarf was a collectors' item. Now they are talking about shelling out about a grand apiece to go to a place most of them are too stupid to pronounce. Get a life Town supporters.
I grew up beside Milltown when you were able to go to a "home game"--if you had a home now there would be a barring order against lots of you. Lots of the players from your great teams of those times weren't from Dublin.
Speaking of "bandwagons" very few Dubs went to Croker until Heffo's Army.
It probably costs you as much over the season to travel to your "home games" as it'll cost us to have a European holiday! Send you a postcard. :p :p :p

the 12 th man
08/07/2004, 7:25 AM
for three days what will it cost for the team + Groupies (ie trainer coach physio, doc etc) ?? I reckon it wont be to far away from €20000 at the end of the day..

if and note i said IF we could win the league cup we would get a prize of 20,000 euro which would do nicely to cover the above.

btw,i dont think the backroom staff at flancare would react to kindly to being called groupies :eek: :D

sorbothegreek
08/07/2004, 7:26 AM
Now Patrick, who are we trying to impress with this?
Foolish blathering with the intention of sturing some **** is of no use to anyone.
I, and i assume the rest of the regulars here dont go posting on message boards pertaining to Nuclear physics. Why? Simply because we know nothing about it.

Learn from us P, it will be better for everyone in the long run.

max power
08/07/2004, 8:26 AM

lets hear it for patrick the only man on this planet able to type with his bottom.......last time i looked a lot of the arsenal team wasn't from london let alone in ger land...so would you call them rest of the world rejects.....

sucess fills the seats in any sport, how many people went to see laois play gaa before micko took over or how many will go to see longford against dunblin at the weekend, its human nature to follow sucess, but the guys/gals on this board have been going to games for many years, ask some of the people here about going to a home game with only 50 fans.it hard enough now to get club gear never mind about 5/10 years ago, i notice you didn't put in the name of the place we can't pronounce, can't spell it eh ????

DaithiT
08/07/2004, 10:51 AM
I bet PJ doesnt't support a team that haven't won any major trophies over the past 10 seasons!!!!! Probably jumped on the Manure Arse (prem engerland) or on the Bohs Shels bandwagon. Claims to be a UCD student!!!
its no wonder we have to import foreign labour.

the 12 th man
08/07/2004, 3:04 PM
Surely I'm entitled to my opinion. I worked in Longford for a while and decided to attend some of the Town games. I was expecting a nice friendly atmosphere from a provincial club. I was disgusted to see that Longford Town supporters booed black players in the League. They often gave abuse to managers and players who have done a lot more for the league than their mickey-mouse club. Stephen Kenny put Longford where they are today. Yet most Longford thugs see fit to boo the man. Disgraceful behaviour. Before Kenny arrived, there were no seats in Flancare and the Town were a laughing stock in the First Division. From what I know, the only reason Longford weren't in the Second Division is that there was no Second Division. What's wrong with Town supporters is that they've become too big for their boots. As for F.C. Vaduz, if they are so good how come they can't even win the Liechtenstein League. Regardless of the fact that they have an international team, their league is probably the equivalent of what Longford people would follow in the Paddy Clabby Cup. The Eircom League can do without the negative Longford mentality. That is, fear of a team from Liechtenstein. Regardless of the abuse that Pat Dolan is given, at least he has the belief and confidence to take on top teams from Sweden and Holland as an equal. On the other hand, Longford and their mis-guided, mis-educated supporters are like beggars at the banquet.

its seldom you would see such a load of tossology cobbled together in one post.
i can only think that (as someone already said )that you are looking for some sparks to fly.
sad :mad:

max power
08/07/2004, 3:05 PM
wow patrick where did you get such a big spoon to stir the sh1t ;) .

stephen kenny walked out on our club so we can abuse him on that fact, no on ever said he didn't do good for the club in general, but the board did a lot as well.

i think you comment about racist abuse is way off the make, i hate all visiting players equally ( apart from reynolds )

what are we mis-edcuated about btw ???

Feech
08/07/2004, 3:29 PM
There is no "proper" league in Liechtenstein you goon, that's why Vaduz play in the Swiss league.

A league of a higher standard than Ireland's btw.

max power
08/07/2004, 3:47 PM
my god you speak bull, who apponted kenny, eh the board.....

your going on 3th hand info on the racial abuse and can you find out the game as i would be interest in the name of the lad from longford on the scolarship.

Schumi
08/07/2004, 4:03 PM
Put up any more graffiti in the jacks recently Pat?

DaithiT
08/07/2004, 4:06 PM
He's just ****ed off because his team (UCD Misfits) will never play in the UEFA
Cup. Another bad egg who believes that the Eircom league should only be for
Dublin teams. What are ya doing PJ at 5:30pm next thursday??? Ah I see
you have your weekly synchron swimming lesson :p :p :p

Macy
08/07/2004, 4:19 PM
The only lad I can think of who went on the scholarship to UCD was Lynch, and considering that was during the close season, and afaik he never played for the first team, I don't see how he got abused during a game.

The only incident of racism I recall was against Pats, when Section O (Then the Quick Nip Faction/ Buckfast Army) went over and told them to shut the fook up (which they did from then on). That was roundly condemned by the club and in the programme.

Kenny did a good job for the club, but he broke his word to the club when he left (in the middle of a shíte season). He left us where we finished that season, which was in the relegation play off. I would, and do, boo him over the way he left and comments he made in recent seasons. The new committee that was in place took a chance on Stephen Kenny - he owed us as much as we owed him. Without us it could be argued he would still be messing around LSL or in lesser roles at eL clubs.

You're just a poor WUM.

Schumi
08/07/2004, 4:21 PM
The only lad I can think of who went on the scholarship to UCD was Lynch
Was Mulvihill with you before he went to UCD?

You're just a poor WUM.
No $hit!

Longfordian
08/07/2004, 4:27 PM
It was Lynch he meant he came on once against us but there was no booing whatsoever, I remember it well, I think UCD won that night..Mulvihill joined us from UCD he hadnt been at the club before

Schumi
09/07/2004, 1:13 PM
What are you referring to? I don't do graffitti.
I think you know what I mean "Pat Patterson".

Enda M
09/07/2004, 1:41 PM
. Stephen Kenny put Longford where they are today. Yet most Longford thugs see fit to boo the man. Disgraceful behaviour. Before Kenny arrived, there were no seats in Flancare and the Town were a laughing stock of the first division

this i agree with the rest your talking crap....

also who is this guy calling a thug. shamrock rovers=scum and they are the disgrace of the league

The Sheliban
09/07/2004, 10:15 PM
Regarding Vaduz, my mother, who was Swiss, used to work in a bakery in Buchs, which is on the Swiss side of the Swiss / Liechtenstein border, and she used to cycle into Vaduz every morning delivering bread. Her family actually originated in a place called Mauren in Liechtenstein. The Furstenturm Liechtenstein is very expensive. It has a nice Schloss overlooking the town, but not much else really other than a place to get your passport stamped.