PDA

View Full Version : The Cup!!!

Green&whitearmy
27/08/2011, 10:10 AM
I thought the team would have put in a it more effort last night, now we have nothing to play for at all, out of the cups and we're safe in the league...
What was Quigley thinking of last night??
How did that PR!CK of a ref not see that mitchell got the ball??
And why did dannny have to start screaming after it, the PR!CK wouldn't change his mind ever??
They talk about respect for the ref but how can you respect them when they do decisions like that...

superfrank
27/08/2011, 1:05 PM
And why did dannny have to start screaming after it, the PR!CK wouldn't change his mind ever??
This.

I haven't seen the game but the players need to control themselves, no matter if the ref's right or wrong. That's a needless ban for Doc now.

The Fox
27/08/2011, 11:56 PM
I thought that the penalty decision was wrong - thought that it should have been a corner and the linesman had a perfect view of it.
It was ironic that Danny should have been sent off given the amount of fing and blinding that Pat Scully was doing about 10mins before for everyone to hear! - although Danny should know better - but straight red is a bit harsh no matter what a captain says to the ref??
While we werent great i thought limerick were also very poor - hardly got out of their own half until the last 15mins. WE had about 10 half chances and just didnt take them - we were the masters of our own downfall.
Ref was very poor in the second half - 3 mins stoppage time - i would have been very upset if we were only 1 goal down at that stage!

Roo69
28/08/2011, 2:57 PM
It was an awful game and anyone who says Limerick were the better side is wrong. Both sides played very poorly but un til the sending offs Bray just about shaded it and didn't deserve to be 1-0, but What Quigley was doing is a mystery. Couldn't make out of Mitchell got the ball or man or both from were i was but i did see Danny run 30 yards to have his say at the ref, he got booked and then when back for more... one word - IDIOT ! for doing what he did. The game was then over with 9 men. I think the management also have to take a lot of blame for the team sent out and the tactics deployed. They got it completely wrong against a very average 1st division side

KK77
29/08/2011, 9:09 AM
Doesn't say much that we lost 4-0 does it when Limerick were poor. The ref, the linesman, the ref, the linesman, the ref, the linesman!

Roo69
29/08/2011, 12:25 PM
Doesn't say much that we lost 4-0 does it when Limerick were poor. The ref, the linesman, the ref, the linesman, the ref, the linesman!

"If" the Ref / Limeman did get the peno / sending off decision wrong then people do have a right to moan and complain because it 100% changed the game, Bray were well on top at that stage and were pushing for an equaliser. I suppose we will be able to say more about it later when we see the highlights of the game.

bluewhitearmy
29/08/2011, 10:23 PM
Going by MNS your moaning about the pen is ridiculous..

Oh and the very average 1st division side was missing 11 players.

Stevo Da Gull
29/08/2011, 10:34 PM
Going by MNS your moaning about the pen is ridiculous..

Oh and the very average 1st division side was missing 11 players.

Haven't seen MNS yet, but I'll watch it when it's on the player and maybe I'll have to eat some harsh words. The camera was at the far side of the ground though. I had pretty much the same view as the linesman and saw a fantastic tackle. If the MNS footage shows this tackle to be poor, as I said, words will be eaten. If sky sports only had one camera at every ground there would never be any moaning about refs on TV. Sometimes you see a fair tackle on TV from 4 different angles, and when you see the fith angle you think 'ouch, should be a red'.

As for how many players you were missing. Makes a good win a great win for your team. It was a very poor game of football at 11-v-11. Both teams looked very ordinary.

The Fox
30/08/2011, 10:34 AM
I think that the MNS footage was far from conclusive. I have watched it several times and could not be certain one way or the other.
From my angle at the match which was much better than the camera, Mitchell played the ball out for a corner.

bluewhitearmy
30/08/2011, 4:00 PM
I think that the MNS footage was far from conclusive. I have watched it several times and could not be certain one way or the other.
From my angle at the match which was much better than the camera, Mitchell played the ball out for a corner.

He came in the opposite way to where the ball went and went through the back of Quinn even if he got the ball it was a clear pen for going through the back of him.

Stevo Da Gull
01/09/2011, 7:48 PM
Going by the footage which I watched a dozen or so times, looks like he takes the man first, but I wouldn't say that it's clear-cut. You can't tell from the angle if he makes contact with the man or the ball first. If I was the ref, I would have given the pen too. If I was the linesman, I would have disagreed. Penalty would have remained. Also, the lino did call the ref over to say something after the two cards were issued, so it's possible that this is what happened. In which case, I feel awful about the dogs abuse the lino received from myself and others.