PDA

View Full Version : Are there any plans for a welcoming bash

Gandhi
06/07/2004, 5:05 PM
Before the NEC away game a few people were posting messages about organising something for the NEC fans when they come to the X, similar to the barbeque the Malmo crowd organised for the City fans who went to Sweden. Does anyone know if something is going to be organised by the lads from 451 (or anyone else for that matter)? Or after meeting some of the Dutch last weekend have ye decided they're not worth the effort? :D

Pablo
06/07/2004, 5:06 PM
Before the NEC away game a few people were posting messages about organising something for the NEC fans when they come to the X, similar to the barbeque the Malmo crowd organised for the City fans who went to Sweden. Does anyone know if something is going to be organised by the lads from 451 (or anyone else for that matter)? Or after meeting some of the Dutch last weekend have ye decided they're not worth the effort? :D

if they bring the weed........................ :D

tiktok
06/07/2004, 7:21 PM
Or after meeting some of the Dutch last weekend have ye decided they're not worth the effort? :D

not at all, sound bunch from what i saw.

it's still unclear if they've many coming over, and a lot seem to be leaving it until the sunday.
I reckon, post up a pub for the Saturday night and see if you've got takers.

Flynninio
07/07/2004, 7:45 AM
spoke to quite a few and they said to expensive to travel but probably best as these guys just seemed to be interested in how big a firm we had . the owner of pub told us they had a serious element-- we dont want a repeat of rovers game all over the papers again do we.

Peadar
07/07/2004, 8:49 AM
these guys just seemed to be interested in how big a firm we had . the owner of pub told us they had a serious element.

There's always one, isn't there!
What was the purpose of posting this?
Most clubs in Holland have a hooligan element.
The NEC fans we spoke to said that they had no interest in trouble because they know that the Irish like to drink beer and have fun.
We weren't ever made to feel threatened while we were in O'Shea's, on our way to the ground or at the ground.
All we need now is for the Echo to pick up on your post and print that NEC have a "firm" coming over looking for a ruck.

I agree with Tiktok, decide on a pub that's easy to find and get to and tell the NEC lads they'll be welcome to come along for more songs from Eric's Repertoire :D

thecorner
07/07/2004, 11:12 AM
talking to a steward lat night and they are after doubling sceurity for the game
they are expecting trouble from the dutch.

Colm
07/07/2004, 12:16 PM
Lads, I wouldn't be rushing into welcoming these guys either.
The two NEC fellas I spoke to in O'Shea's were quite threatening IMO, they spoke of how they were bringing over "an army" and how they were going to give the City fans "the worst time of your lives".
The impression I get is that these guys can't really cause trouble at home matches as they are being watched but at away games it's a different story. The club would be well advised to have extra security on Sunday.

NorthoftheLee
07/07/2004, 12:27 PM
mountain mole hill lads.........

the guys in osheas were off their tiits and just winding up.....the majority of people I takled about were coming over for pints and a laugh.....there'll only be trouble if people look for it and seeing as we dont have a firm then there's nothing going to happen.......

one_bounce
07/07/2004, 12:31 PM
The two NEC fellas I spoke to in O'Shea's were quite threatening IMO, they spoke of how they were bringing over "an army" and how they were going to give the City fans "the worst time of your lives".
The impression I get is that these guys can't really cause trouble at home matches as they are being watched but at away games it's a different story. The club would be well advised to have extra security on Sunday.

i met both sides... met some cool friendly fellas before in the pub and they came back later for more pints, who are travelling .. no trouble
i also had the misfortune of meeting some knobend who claimed that all ajax players are jews so he wont watch the national team blah blah blah.. racist ignorant pr1ck full of hatred if ive ever met one...
speaking to the steward who hung out the 451 banners for us she told me they have 1 bus load of their hooligans coming and that they would come with them as club stewards so you can make what you want of that one
ill be in the horse shoe having the usual couple and if they want to come in and join in thats their bag

thecorner
07/07/2004, 12:42 PM
speaking to the steward who hung out the 451 banners for us she told me they have 1 bus load of their hooligans coming and that they would come with them as club stewards

first ive ever heard of something like that

the club bringing their own hooligans :eek:

pete
07/07/2004, 1:39 PM
The two NEC fellas I spoke to in O'Shea's were quite threatening IMO, they spoke of how they were bringing over "an army".

Maybe they bre-using Army in the Rebel Army context?

CCFC stewards will sort them out like the Rovers thugs :eek:

Eric
07/07/2004, 1:59 PM
A lot of Eurpean clubs send stewards to work at the away games so as to keep an eye on their known trouble makers. If thedo cause trouble then the stewards would be able to ID them and in turn they uauslly get banned from games when they return home.

There seemed to be a mixture of the nice and not so nice over in Nijmegen alright.
Some of them seemed to just wanna have a laugh but there were a couple of dodgey looking fellas that popped into O'Shea's before the game that the staff didn't recognise as locals.

I reckon we wait for the French to come over and then organise something!!! :D ;)

Counting Crow
07/07/2004, 8:30 PM
I have a feeling this isn't going to be like your regular EL game.

There is a big following coming over and they do have a bad element ( according to the Dutch websites ).

Expect a lot of security and stewards from both clubs ( this is done by the English a lot ).

No kariokie with dutch songs on Sunday night in the Horseshoe, I guess.

Should be interesting ......... on AND off the pitch I'd say.

pete
08/07/2004, 1:50 PM
NEC Nijmegen website now says estimate of 150 supporters travelling.

Interesting that those supporters that made it to Nijmegen don't expect trouble. I wouldn't believe anything written on a dutch website...

tiktok
08/07/2004, 1:54 PM
Interesting that those supporters that made it to Nijmegen don't expect trouble.

Sure who'd believe us, it's get in the way of a good gossip. ;)