PDA

View Full Version : Noelle

thecorner
06/07/2004, 11:35 AM
what was the story with noellehaving to pay her own way AGAIN

with other people i presume not connected with the club on the flight

big debate going on over at citynet (http://eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3117&sid=7230f43b6239545cb72961b7752a367e)

seemingly noelle was in tears and its obvious these orders come from the top

dahamsta
06/07/2004, 12:03 PM
seemingly noelle was in tearsGood old Chinese Whispers!

"i met the woman in the airport in charleroi on sunday and she was nearly in tears" (http://eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3117&sid=7230f43b6239545cb72961b7752a367e)Take that "nearly" out of that sentence, it's ruining a good story! :)

adam

Pablo
06/07/2004, 2:17 PM
sure why not leave a player at home and pay for her :rolleyes:

they can't pay for everyone in fairness.

if people want junketts they should run for local government

Peadar
06/07/2004, 2:21 PM
Take that "nearly" out of that sentence, it's ruining a good story! :)

We met a woman in CharLeroy airport on Monday morning who was in tears.
"SHANE?" :D

pete
06/07/2004, 2:38 PM
AFAIK Noelle is an employee of Cork City football club? Based on that assumption if she has a role in the way games she should not of course have to pay her own way otherwise its just a junket.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

razor
06/07/2004, 2:43 PM
I know Dolan brought 26 players to Sweden, that in my mind is complete overkill. A total waste of club funds.
Not sure how many were brought last weekend but for someone who has done what Noelle has done for the club i would definitely have sacrificed a player who was never going to feature for Noelle to travel.

niamh
06/07/2004, 2:47 PM
Def. As someone else on this board pointed out - she helped at least one City fan get home.

liamon
06/07/2004, 4:21 PM
Maybe bringing all the players along is simply to give them a feel for European games. Or do we not consider player development to be important?

This may seem harsh, but maybe Lennox felt the club can't take too many members of staff for financial reasons. I don't want to take away from what any individual person has done behind the scenes for CCFC, but if their presence is not deemed essential at an away game, then they shouldn't have their travel expnse covered. It's a business after all.

As for helping City fans get home, thats great. But it shouldn't entitle you to a free junket.

Pablo
06/07/2004, 4:45 PM
what a stupid arguement. it could be said that having a good playing surface at the X is important to the club. Then why wasnt the groundsman taken? :rolleyes:

or the tea lady.
or everyone else who makes the club run on a day to day basis. ridiculous debate IMO

dahamsta
06/07/2004, 5:03 PM
Anyone think of, like, asking the club? Or would that be too much of a break from the usual idle speculation? Where would we all be without the bitching and whining like?

Phone number's in the book. (Yes, I was shocked too.)

adam

Pablo
06/07/2004, 5:12 PM
should this not be in the rubbish forum? its not about football :mad:

dahamsta
06/07/2004, 5:20 PM
Forum, soccer one especially, would be quite dull if there wasn't speculation and rumous as such.Speculation about transfers and suchlike, certainly, but this?

should this not be in the rubbish forum? its not about football :mad:
It is about City though. :shrug:

adam

Pablo
06/07/2004, 5:23 PM
It is about City though. :shrug:

adam

i dunno..............its a bit personal regarding the woman in question.

in bad taste IMO

Neil
06/07/2004, 5:28 PM
Def. As someone else on this board pointed out - she helped at least one City fan get home.

I helped 4 City fans get home from Shannon on Sunday. I drove them to their front doors. Actually Ive been driving people to away (and home) games for years.

I look forward to my junket in Nantes on the back of that.

Gary
06/07/2004, 5:42 PM
....... and I told a few people what the final score was, maybe a free season ticket for me.

The club isnt a bloody charity. I dont see/hear hard working people for the club like Finbarr O Shea moaning about it, or people wondering why Finbarr hasnt got a freebie.

Pablo
06/07/2004, 5:44 PM
"loose lips sink ships"

or something to that effect

razor
06/07/2004, 8:07 PM
I agree. It's harsh that they couldn't bring her but the club brought X amount of people deemed more essential than her. I'd much rather see squad players gain experience from the trip. A full squad was brought to have proper training matches.
22 would have done for proper training matches, why 26 ?
A waste and nothing else.

Look at the fantastic work the programme people do and the great programme they produce. Did they have to fund their own way??
As far as I know they were brought.

Don't get me wrong Noelle has done fantastic work for the club down the years but at the end of the day if the club had a budget then they obviously had to disappoint a few people.
Noelle dug deep for this club when we were in it up to our necks.
A lot of people here don't remember those days.
Well those days could come round again and I'm sure she'd do the same again despite the shoddy treatment by the club.
Its a disgrace.

tiktok
06/07/2004, 8:27 PM
22 would have done for proper training matches, why 26 ?
A waste and nothing else.

John O'Flynn travelled and pulled out injured, so you'd have been one short for a training game, as Dolan said, it was for cover for injuries, and it's good for the club to expose younger players to European football.

As far as I know they [editors of programme] were brought

Lennox brought two of them (afaik) as an overdue reward for winning programme of the year last year, deserved IMO.

despite the shoddy treatment by the club.
Its a disgrace.

I've a load of time for Noelle, she's CCFC to the core and has done great work for the club, and it'd be great to see the club treat her with the respect she's (well, should have) earned at this stage.
However the point as to what her function would have been in Nijmegen is well made.

Anyway, where did this start, who met her, when did she say she was upset, or is this all hearsay?

Counting Crow
06/07/2004, 8:58 PM
Sorry to put an end to this thread / chinese whispers etc but a friend of mine traveled with her in the car to Nijmegen ......... there was no tears / problem.

Silly really. :rolleyes:

Counting Crow
06/07/2004, 9:00 PM
Before some smart alec comes on and says she "flew over".........I meant the car from the airport to Nijmegen!!!!!

dahamsta
06/07/2004, 10:04 PM
Ah stop it now CC, you're spoiling their fun!

A face
06/07/2004, 10:18 PM
Ah stop it now CC, you're spoiling their fun!

yeah .... it was just getting good aswell !!

aswad
07/07/2004, 6:53 PM
I know Dolan brought 26 players to Sweden, that in my mind is complete overkill. A total waste of club funds.
Not sure how many were brought last weekend but for someone who has done what Noelle has done for the club i would definitely have sacrificed a player who was never going to feature for Noelle to travel.

I was talking to a relation of Bryan McCarthy (under 21s) who was telling me that the "reserves" were defending set pieces etc in Malmo's style while the first 11 tried ways to break them down and so on. I think it's called planning or training or something like that. If you think that is a waste of funds compared to paying the travel of some cranky troublemaker who should have been kicked out of the club years ago, then you're an idiot. I'm sure if we need someone to throw holy water at players and rub people up the wrong way for future away trips we can find them IN Sweden/Holland/France/Where-ever.
On a related matter, did anyone see if she was allowed keep the bottle top on her holy water or did that knob Peter Cottor take it off her?

razor
07/07/2004, 8:23 PM
MOD EDIT: Act like a child, be treated like a child. --adam

tiktok
07/07/2004, 8:51 PM
At the risk of repeating myself I believe 22 players would have sufficed for this.

and repeating my response to that, John O'Flynn got injured after travelling, therefore you'd have had 21, which isn't enough, as Dolan said, he wanted two full teams and cover for injuries

razor
07/07/2004, 9:40 PM
and repeating my response to that, John O'Flynn got injured after travelling, therefore you'd have had 21, which isn't enough, as Dolan said, he wanted two full teams and cover for injuries

Isn't Dolans backroom staff big enough that one of them could have filled in ?Cover for injuries is fair enough but I still think 26 players is excessive, theres Premiership teams playing in the Champions League that don't take that many players away with them.
Its all very well having the professional attitude, I just hope we're not overcommiting financially.

pete
08/07/2004, 10:34 AM
Its all very well having the professional attitude, I just hope we're not overcommiting financially.

Results to date have vindicated Dolan. IF we get thru sunday nobody will be complaining as club will still do well financially. Maybe bringing large squad makes all players fell they part of the success...