PDA

View Full Version : dire at shels

dalo
19/11/2001, 9:41 AM
to be honest we were dire on friday and the performance did not reflect our recent good form. we really missed o'grady in midfield and despite playing all the football in the first half we never looked like scoring. in fact I think we only had two shots on goal n the entire game.

flanagan (he looks out of shape again), hartigan, alan carey had real stinkers. gunther was not the best on the sideline either.however we do have galway at home with a big un' gainst rovers. i still don't think a top 3 is beyond us.

also any chance of dave hill coming back.

congrats to the city support they deserved better

Neil
19/11/2001, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by dalo
congrats to the city support they deserved better
and they at least deserved a bit of acknowledgement from the players and management after the game. As usual (with the exception of Damian O'Rourke) they ran off the pitch without even a clap in our direction. Win, lose or draw the travelling supporters deserve a salute from the players.

citylove
19/11/2001, 11:00 AM
It wasn't the best performance, but I am confident that we can beat Galway next week which would then setup a cracker of match v Rovers the week after.

Wesley Houlihan for shels on Friday night was fantastic, he played rings around every City player.

Neil
19/11/2001, 11:06 AM
What did people think of Noel Hartigan's contribution on Friday night? Should he really be keeping Pat Morley and Colin P out of the team?

dalo
19/11/2001, 11:11 AM
to be honest i am fed up to the back teeth of everybody discussing hartigan all the time. he is dire and should not be playing- end of story

Neil
19/11/2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dalo
he is dire and should not be playing- end of story
But you know he'll probably start again on Sunday! And the crowd will be content to watch him amble around the place like a bitch, the same crowd you'll give Pat Morley hell if he puts a foot out of place.

A face
19/11/2001, 11:38 AM
You must remember it is one rule for one and not for another, thats how it works ... i thought you knew that.

Snatch
19/11/2001, 11:52 AM
While it wasn't an all round bad display from City we had the same auld problem - not creating scoring chances.
I don't think that Hartigan will start on Sunday as thats his second poor display on the trot. I reckon SP will be back in the starting line up.

About acknowledging the fans after the game, Noel Mooney didn't forget us either. 2 players out of the squad, not great is it?

Neil
19/11/2001, 11:57 AM
Is it that people feel sorry for Hartigan because he is so crap? Morley scores 20 goals in a season and he gets abused, Hartigan scores 5 in about 5 years and no-one seems to mind.

Ruairi
19/11/2001, 12:38 PM
That's cause we all know Hatigoal is crap, so when he does actually score we're all surprised. However, Pat Moarley's standards are well above Noel's, therefore we expect better things from him. So when Morley doesn't score people get on his back cause they excpect goals from him.

Troy.McClure
19/11/2001, 2:11 PM
Caughlan gave us a clap also (as always). Flanaan does look out of shape again, but what was he doing on the wing and not in the center instead of Anthony Buckley? Bucks is FAR better on the wing then Kelvin and vice versa. On the 'out of shape' note, Skippy looks like he has a few pounds extra also, to say the least, and did nothing in his few minutes. Also, why was the long & high ball played in to Mulligan when CP came on? The $hels center backs had the simlpest game of their lives Id say, just heading the ball up to midfield all night long. They were very impressive when ever they had anything to do, not that they had that much anyway :(

niamh
21/11/2001, 5:34 PM
I thought City didn't play that badly against Shels. However they got no where near threatening their goal very often. They looked like they wouldn't score but Cahill looked good on the wing.

As for the point about supporters not being acknowledged - the players should make the effort. Barr a sorry effort by the Shels fans towards the end of the game they only singing came from the City fans. The players should be grateful that people will travel to support them.

#

pete
22/11/2001, 10:05 AM
Seems to be a noticeable trend in recent away games for thr players to virtually ignore the supporters. Probably started at the UCD & Bohs games.