PDA

View Full Version : Cup v Galway

galwaygirl
06/07/2004, 11:48 AM
If any of you are planning on staying overnight in Galway after the cup game, you'd want to book somewhere soon (that's if there's even anything available now) as the Galway Races are starting the following Mon (26th) so the city will be very busy from that Friday onwards...

MariborKev
12/07/2004, 10:43 PM
Yeah a whole squad of us are staying over- most have already got something booked already and those who don't were just waiting to see what day the game was confirmed for

Some of us are even staying the Saturday night

Nightclub recommendations? Cuba and Boo Radleys amongst others have been visited by the Red and White Army in recent years

DCFC2004
13/07/2004, 2:01 AM
As well as that THE UNDERTONES and THE SAWDOCTORS are playing 3 nights in a row at THE WARWICK Friday 23rd July to Sunday 25th July :)

What a weekend.................... :) :) :)

Terry
13/07/2004, 8:23 AM
Also playing with the undertones and saw doctors is bob geldof :) . Nightclubs to visit would be Karma (eyre square), CP and halo which are right beside each other, also in town. Or, if your into live music, every Friday and Saturday night in the Quays there is bands playing the best of the 70's, 80's and 90's rock 'n' roll (my personal favourite :D as you wont be leaving there till at least 3am). All admissions will vary between 10 and 15 euro, which is farely cheap after you do a currency convertion.

dortie
13/07/2004, 1:46 PM
If any of you are planning on staying overnight in Galway after the cup game, you'd want to book somewhere soon (that's if there's even anything available now) as the Galway Races are starting the following Mon (26th) so the city will be very busy from that Friday onwards...

When is Galway not busy ???? I spent 2 weeks a year down there for 5 years during the summer, mental, went down with my work for one night in November a few years back and it was still mental :confused:

I always struck oil in CP (Central Park), Is that mad hole Bogarts still open in Salthill.

Terry
13/07/2004, 1:57 PM
Is that mad hole Bogarts still open in Salthill.

NO. Closed down a few years back. Former property of the now famous Ronan Lawless of :) Fibber McGees :) ! Does the poor guy get any breaks at all? AWGH !!!!! :( :p

dancinpants
13/07/2004, 11:45 PM
Where's "Halo" Terry? I used to live on Abbeygate St (aswell as Monivea Park, and Bayview Rise,and Dominic St, and Eyre St and Christ knows where else... :p ) and I canny figure out where it could be?. Is it where that Galway GAA info office place used to be? Whats Karma like? The Alley was crap so it must be some improvement!!!

Terry
14/07/2004, 8:14 AM
Where's "Halo" Terry? I used to live on Abbeygate St (aswell as Monivea Park, and Bayview Rise,and Dominic St, and Eyre St and Christ knows where else... :p ) and I canny figure out where it could be?. Is it where that Galway GAA info office place used to be? Whats Karma like? The Alley was crap so it must be some improvement!!!

Halo is around 6 or 7 buildings up from CP if you were heading to shop street. I think it was originally supposed to be a massive extention to CP but the planning permission was refused at the last minute so they turned it into another club instead. It's over 23's and neat dress is essential so it's a big improvement on CP.

Don't know what Karma is like, never in there. Galwaygirl might know?

galwaygirl
14/07/2004, 9:21 AM
"Halo is around 6 or 7 buildings up from CP if you were heading to shop street. I think it was originally supposed to be a massive extention to CP but the planning permission was refused at the last minute so they turned it into another club instead. It's over 23's and neat dress is essential so it's a big improvement on CP."

Anything is an improvement on CP :)
I think the doors of Halo open about 10.30, so if ye're considering goin there get there around that time

"Don't know what Karma is like, never in there. Galwaygirl might know?"

Havent been in Karma in a few months so not sure what the crowds are like in there at the moment. They did a lot of work inside it after closing The Alley Here's a link for it if ye want to check it out http://www.karma.ie/about/

Another good spot that's getting very popular is the Radisson nite-club :D

dortie
14/07/2004, 9:59 AM
"

They did a lot of work inside it after closing The Alley

They closed the Alley :eek: ....Here Ive been to alot of dodgy spots in Ireland, particularly Belfast but that place was DODGY to the highest degree.

Is there still some decent bands playing in the Kings Head ?? Is Busker Browns still open ??

galwaygirl
14/07/2004, 10:09 AM
Is there still some decent bands playing in the Kings Head ?? Is Busker Browns still open ??

ya, there's good bands seven nights a week in the Kings Head & Buskers is still doing very well also :)

dortie
15/07/2004, 3:36 PM
ya, there's good bands seven nights a week in the Kings Head & Buskers is still doing very well also :)

That will suit the Derry fans who enjoy themselves, dont know what the ice-pop eating nerds will do in their spare time though.

Cant make it myself im at a damn wedding. :(