PDA

View Full Version : Cup Game v. Derry

brandy86
06/07/2004, 10:40 AM
Lads, any word on what day the match will be played?

Will it be on Fri the 23rd or Sat 24th ?

galwaygirl
06/07/2004, 10:43 AM
Our home games are played on a Friday so i guess it'll be the 23rd, Brandy86...

brandy86
06/07/2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks for that galwaygirl, i need to get myself sorted for the 23rd then. :o

Looking forward to it already, we always get a tough game in Terryland Park! :o

Terry
06/07/2004, 10:56 AM
Should be a good game by all accounts. A lot of people will be wondering how Alan Murphy will get on, but IMHO, the GUFC players have been playing with him for long enough to keep him quite. :)

Will we be expecting a big crowd down from Derry for the weekend ??

galwaygirl
06/07/2004, 11:01 AM
"Thanks for that galwaygirl, i need to get myself sorted for the 23rd then. :o "

No problem at all, as soon as anything is confirmed i'll let you know for definite but i'd say it'll more than likely be the Friday :)

"Looking forward to it already, we always get a tough game in Terryland Park! :o"

Really looking forward to it as well, even though ye have Alan Murphy this year, be ready for a tough game again ;)

brandy86
06/07/2004, 11:21 AM
Will we be expecting a big crowd down from Derry for the weekend ??
There will be a few staying down i think, i hope to stay down myself, looking forward to celebrating a cup win in the pubs/clubs of Galway :D but most will travel down and up on the one day i think. Its a pity the game isnt on the Saturday we'd have a bigger travelling support if it was.

Really looking forward to it as well, even though ye have Alan Murphy this year, be ready for a tough game
Its always a tough game for us in Terryland Park, added to the fact that youse have madman Goughie in goals and Barry Moran who cant stop scoring, it should be a cracker, but i can see Alan Murphy coming back to haunt you youse with two goals in the last 5min to take us through! :D

galwaygirl
06/07/2004, 11:46 AM
brandy86, If there are a few of ye staying down, you'd want to book somewhere soon (that's if there's even anything available now) as the Galway Races are starting the following Mon (26th) so the city will be very busy from that Friday onwards....

but i can see Alan Murphy coming back to haunt you youse with two goals in the last 5min to take us through

the frawley brothers should be well able for Murphs :p

Terry
06/07/2004, 12:07 PM
FROM WWW.GALWAYUNITEDFC.IE

The draw for the FAI Carlsberg Cup was made last night and we were drawn at home to play Derry City. We played Derry in last years competition in the third round in Terryland when we came from a goal down to score a dramatic late winner to knock out the then Cup holders. The tie is down for 23rd July in Terryland Park @7.30pm. More details will be given nearer the time.

A face
06/07/2004, 10:26 PM
This ia a great fixture .... Galway in the cup is probably one of the best games in the comp, great town !!

dancinpants
06/07/2004, 10:42 PM
brandy86, If there are a few of ye staying down, you'd want to book somewhere soon (that's if there's even anything available now) as the Galway Races are starting the following Mon (26th) so the city will be very busy from that Friday onwards....
:p

Head out to Gleann Dara and give Maur Nalty a shout if yer stuck ;).

But yer right a face, its a mighty town alright, nothing beats a bit of knacker dodging down in Westside :o .

Galwaygirl I hear that Roisins is under new management now. Has it gone to ****e or what? Ger and Siobhan were doin' a grand job I thought :confused:

Terry
07/07/2004, 8:35 AM
Head out to Gleann Dara and give Maur Nalty a shout if yer stuck ;).

But yer right a face, its a mighty town alright, nothing beats a bit of knacker dodging down in Westside :o .

Galwaygirl I hear that Roisins is under new management now. Has it gone to ****e or what? Ger and Siobhan were doin' a grand job I thought :confused:

I wouldn't stay in Glean Dara (nothing but knackers) and I'M from Shantalla :eek: .

Rosins has just improved as the Healy's have taken over (the same people who have the blue note, and used to have the GPO). There first gig was with sharon shannon. Their plan is to bring back the good days off the pub :D

dancinpants
07/07/2004, 9:36 PM
I wouldn't stay in Glean Dara (nothing but knackers) and I'M from Shantalla :eek: .

Rosins has just improved as the Healy's have taken over (the same people who have the blue note, and used to have the GPO). There first gig was with sharon shannon. Their plan is to bring back the good days off the pub :D

Nice one!!. Are they gonny do the inside up? Jaysus but the Blue Notes a grand wee spot too, I used to live around the corner fron it. Terry Shantalla's not the worst spot, I lived up in Monivea Park...now THATS a kip, man Ballybanes a **** hole.

Terry
08/07/2004, 8:21 AM
Nice one!!. Are they gonny do the inside up? Jaysus but the Blue Notes a grand wee spot too, I used to live around the corner fron it. Terry Shantalla's not the worst spot, I lived up in Monivea Park...now THATS a kip, man Ballybanes a **** hole.

Ya shouldn't of said "Ballybanes a **** hole" as that is where galwaygirl is from :eek: . Prepare to feel her wrath :D

I wasn't saying Shantalla is bad, infact its heaven on earth :cool: , it was that I live so close to gleann dara but still woundn't go near it !

They won't br doing up the pub ( I THINK), probable just cleaning it up.

galwaygirl
08/07/2004, 2:26 PM
"I lived up in Monivea Park...now THATS a kip, man Ballybanes a **** hole."

Well dancinpants, i'd say there is a nest of things dancing in your pants
alright if you were living in Monivea park. Ballybane is a big area and you shouldnt put all the estates in it, into the same category as Monivea Park. :mad:

dancinpants
08/07/2004, 4:28 PM
"I lived up in Monivea Park...now THATS a kip, man Ballybanes a **** hole."

Well dancinpants, i'd say there is a nest of things dancing in your pants
alright if you were living in Monivea park. Ballybane is a big area and you shouldnt put all the estates in it, into the same category as Monivea Park. :mad:

Oooops :o . What about Bayview Rise?

Terry
08/07/2004, 5:05 PM
Oooops :o . What about Bayview Rise?

ya mean hillside ??? :)

galwaygirl
09/07/2004, 10:56 AM
Bayview Rise is a nice enough area.

ya mean hillside ??? :)
As for you Terry, u better shutup, remember i know who you are..... :)

BTW i thought this was a site for discussing Irish Soccer, not estates in Ballybane, can we please change the subject now :(

Terry
09/07/2004, 11:22 AM
Bayview Rise is a nice enough area.

As for you Terry, u better shutup, remember i know who you are..... :)

BTW i thought this was a site for discussing Irish Soccer, not estates in Ballybane, can we please change the subject now :(

OK, What about East United ???????? ;) only kidding

Are you going up to Ballybofey tomorrow Galwaygirl?

galwaygirl
09/07/2004, 11:34 AM
too rite i'm travelling tomorrow, bring on the Harps. :p

Is there many going up do you know???

Terry
09/07/2004, 11:37 AM
too rite i'm travelling tomorrow, bring on the Harps. :p

Is there many going up do you know???

don't know, probably only 35-40 I reckon :(

dancinpants
09/07/2004, 6:32 PM
I hope yis thrash them lads, cant see it, but we can all live in hope ;) .

What about Corrib Park? :o

Messin' wi ye ;)