PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Match

wullie
21/08/2011, 11:21 AM
So will Longford towns fans be outdressed by the visitors :pirate:. It seems that Bohs fans will be attending in formal attire

Longfordian
21/08/2011, 1:07 PM
Probably will, unfortunately. It being a cup match and Bohs being in town will entice more out than normal but still can't see much more than 600 Town fans turning up. Still from the club's point of view money is money no matter who it comes from so let's hope they bring a big crowd with them. As for the game itself no reason to be afraid of them if we have everyone fit. Looking forward to it and the win on Friday is good for confidence.

Edit: I thought you said outnumbered! Sound like we'll be outdressed too so!

Acornvilla
21/08/2011, 3:40 PM
Win = very good season for us

Martinho II
21/08/2011, 9:08 PM
I am curious to see how bohs will cope with daniel purdy as he was superb for us in wexford..he could be the surprise package for us.if he plays well I fancy us for a draw!

outspoken
24/08/2011, 9:51 AM
Good old Richie Winter will referee Saturdays game - great :(

howsyourtouch
26/08/2011, 1:49 AM
ragin wont get down to this, sickener! draw saturday night, back to dalyer on the tuesday, we beat them up here, town make more money from agte and il get to go to it! win win all round!

outspoken
26/08/2011, 9:23 AM
Ye that would be great but a win Saturday would save my heart for once , nearly died watching the rovers game last night haha

RonnieB
26/08/2011, 6:16 PM
Driving down from Dublin around 5:30pm if anyone is stuck for a lift.

Acornvilla
27/08/2011, 1:41 AM
I'm working at 10.. hrm i'm sure they wont mind if i'm a few minutes late!

outspoken
27/08/2011, 9:25 AM
9 hours to go!!!!! - excited, hopefully the weather stays good and we get a good crowd in and who knows rovers win on Thursday might have a small knock on effect on attendances

Longfordian
27/08/2011, 8:26 PM
Bohs the better side on the night, no major complaints with the result. The Gardai are a bunch of clowns however. It was like a high security prison out there as I was leaving. The trouble was a direct result of their overly aggressive approach. The club didn't have a problem with the Bohs fans but the Gardai felt differently.

Acornvilla
27/08/2011, 8:34 PM
Bohs the better side on the night, no major complaints with the result. The Gardai are a bunch of clowns however. It was like a high security prison out there as I was leaving. The trouble was a direct result of their overly aggressive approach. The club didn't have a problem with the Bohs fans but the Gardai felt differently.
Yeah i posted in the main section of the forum that there was trouble, I was in the stand thou so havn't a notion what went on, there we're very little police there at the beginning thou, I heard a fan was refused admission as we're some others as they travelled down in a bus with none of them in bohs colours, potential trouble makers? Looked to be a stupid amount of gards thou, I'm pretty sure I seen people throwing things from the stand outside onto the gards thou

Longfordian
27/08/2011, 8:44 PM
The person from the club selling the tickets to the Bohs fans said they weren't really doing anything until after the Gardai refused to let them in. Then the situation escalated as the guards were being overly aggressive with them.

Though for the purposes of accuracy it seems from further reports that there was a handful of Bohs fans who are barred from Bohs games that turned up and gave trouble when identified by a Bohs official and not let in. They apparently threatened him and his family then. Nice chaps.

outspoken
27/08/2011, 10:47 PM
Their animals it's as simple as that running onto the pitch every time a goal was scored, as acornvilla said throwing stuff down from behind the goals, fighting with each other let alone the guards - scum

I think it was clear from just looking over there was 2 sets of bohs fans over there. The first set were the ones running around like loonies trying to get out to the fighting and with their backs to the game - they were simply there for trouble. The second set were over in the corner trying
to stay as far away as possible from the scum and paying the game full attention they were the real bohs fans who will unfortunately get brushed as bad fans now.

On the game it's self both teams were sh1te if we were ant good at all we could have bet them what ever was wring tonight we looked very flat and disintrested.

Btw how on earth did Brennan get man of the match all ge did was fall over his so called tricks, cathal brady was 10 times better.

Longfordian
27/08/2011, 11:19 PM
Hardly "animals". Young lads acting the c**t while drunk, it's not a big deal. They didn't really hurt anyone. A couple of them actually ended up being brought to hospital after encountering the guards, one lad got pepper sprayed then fell and hit his head. It could have been calmed a lot easier than it was.

RonnieB
27/08/2011, 11:24 PM
Never a dull moment.

Acornvilla
28/08/2011, 4:07 AM
A few bohs fans we're staying in PV's tonight so was chatting to them about it, but they confirmed most of what was said and we're actually delighted that the scum got pepper sprayed, Rouse is an accident waiting to happen thou.. The saves he made, if he didn't make them you'd call him a moron, and what on earth was he at for goal 3? Way too slow coming off his line and at one point nearly fecked up by being too lazy to jump for a high ball and just pawed at it with 1 arm instead..

Bah humbug

Town Legend
28/08/2011, 8:43 AM
A bus load of Bohs 'fans' arrived late to the game. There was a couple of lads on it that are banned from Dalymount. There was Bohs officials there to point them out. When they were refused permission to enter the ground they knocked a female steward to the ground to get by her....thats what kicked it all off. At least 15 lads were pepper sprayed and the dogs were set on them. It looked like they came prepared to cause trouble as they had 2 five gallon drums of water to help out their pepper sprayed stricken colleagues!! Deserved everything they got, but as said above Bohs proper fans will be tarnished over the couple of ****s!

Martinho II
28/08/2011, 6:27 PM
A bus load of Bohs 'fans' arrived late to the game. There was a couple of lads on it that are banned from Dalymount. There was Bohs officials there to point them out. When they were refused permission to enter the ground they knocked a female steward to the ground to get by her....thats what kicked it all off. At least 15 lads were pepper sprayed and the dogs were set on them. It looked like they came prepared to cause trouble as they had 2 five gallon drums of water to help out their pepper sprayed stricken colleagues!! Deserved everything they got, but as said above Bohs proper fans will be tarnished over the couple of ****s!

saw one of the bohs people in the clubhouse lookin to fill a drum of water to help out their mates.. I think bohs are way worse than shamrock rovers.. I least shams were better behaved last year and there was no trouble at their cup game..

Martinho II
28/08/2011, 6:41 PM
Just spoke to one of the section o lads that was stewardin and he was located between the gates at the astro pitches to the carpark.Him and another steward were tryin to close the gate with 100 bohs tryin to go out and it was horrible being amongst the bohs scum. One bohs fan had a busted hand where he threw a punch at him and the guards hit him with a baton.. Bohs fans wouldnt move back when told and then wanted to break out to attack the guards.They attacked the stewards and the guards and wouldnt calm down.the dog unit was deployed and didnt work. Bohs scum tried to stab one of the dogs with an umbrella so that option had to be abandoned. the bohs crowd were warned there would be pepper sprayed and then tried to barge the gate again so the pepper spray was applied which worked.the stewards got attacked with rocks , bottled and cans and got spat at for a few mins until the bohs fans were let out in twos ,put on the buses and sent back to dublin with about 15 mins to go.He said the situation was like a warzone.btw it is NOT true that a female steward was hit. It was confirmed on the general forum by a bohs fan.

Town Legend
29/08/2011, 4:09 PM
Just to confirm I didn't say a female steward was hit. From where I was watching when the pushing and shoving started a female steward was knocked to the ground, thats when the big flare up started. The female steward was bumped into, lost her balance and fell.

Cabs88
29/08/2011, 6:07 PM
Disappointing scenes to round off a dissappointing night on the field. . The night really showed we do have a long way to go and should we ever be promoted in the near future, lots of investment will be required

outspoken
29/08/2011, 6:31 PM
just typed a massive long yoke on Saturdays game and then my Internet went FFS! Anyway I'l some it up in a shorter way, We matched Bohs and even outplayed them at times in the first half , Brady was brilliant but when he missed the chance to put us 2 up you felt Bohs would punish us and they did.

I was very very disappointed with our 2nd half effort and Brady and Dowling and Salmo were really the only players to give it a go...

Our entire back 4 (apart from Dowling) was very very poor (especially cronnin) and its lacks major pace so if we can strengthen that area in the close season we should be right up there.

Bohs were nothing special IMO and if we played any sort of football at all in the 2nd half we could have at least had a reply.

And Brennan getting MOTM was a serious joke ye he scored a goal and set 1 up but apart from that all he did was attempt tricks and fall over them...........Brady was excellent in both work rate and the quality in his crosses keep it up Dotsy.

Martinho II
30/08/2011, 8:47 AM
I want to amend an earlier post. The lad that I know that stewarded at the cup match wasnt section o at all that person was completely in a different area of the ground and had nothin to do with it . But the facts are true just the wrong person that I was thinkin of.