PDA

View Full Version : Airtricity League Fixtures & Updates - 19 - 21st August.

Pages : [1] 2

Iorfa2MaccaJim
19/08/2011, 3:36 PM
PREMIER DIVISION

Bohemians .V. Derry City

Dundalk .V. Bray Wanderers

St. Patrick's Athletic .V. Drogheda United

U.C.D. .V. Sligo Rovers

Galway United .V. Shamrock Rovers

FIRST DIVISION

Limerick .V. Salthill Devon

Mervue United .V. Cork City

Monaghan United .V. Waterford United

Wexford Youths .V. Longford Town.

Athlone .V. Finn Harps

BonnieShels
19/08/2011, 3:44 PM
Derry.
Draw.
Pats.
Sligo.
Shams.

Lims.
Langers.
Mons.
Draw.
Draw.

Don't know why I decided to do that so we will see.

OneForTheFuture
19/08/2011, 6:41 PM
Behan puts Lims 1 up

OneForTheFuture
19/08/2011, 6:41 PM
And Doyle does the same for Pats.

thischarmingman
19/08/2011, 6:44 PM
Bohs - City
www.drive105.co.uk

El-Pietro
19/08/2011, 6:45 PM
Cummins for City. 1-0

Aaron
19/08/2011, 8:05 PM
Bohs 0-1 Derry

Patrick McEleney

thischarmingman
19/08/2011, 8:06 PM
City 1 up, McEleney backheel

sullanefc
19/08/2011, 8:23 PM
So sick of extratime.ie. Every week it crashes. Going with livescore from now on.

Trainee
19/08/2011, 8:29 PM
some result for Salthill drawing 1 all with limerick

thischarmingman
19/08/2011, 8:29 PM
So sick of extratime.ie. Every week it crashes. Going with livescore from now on.

So frustrating.

Massive. massive win for us this evening. We can do this.

Aaron
19/08/2011, 8:30 PM
Massive win for us a Dalymount!!!

thischarmingman
19/08/2011, 8:32 PM
League-winning performance as Kev said on the radio. Whoever the Roverseseses have to play to make up games, we have the points in the bag.

OneForTheFuture
19/08/2011, 8:32 PM

livescore still have wexford v longs at 1 all

sullanefc
19/08/2011, 8:35 PM
livescore still have wexford v longs at 1 all

Is there any decent website for getting up to date scores???????????

maksimir
19/08/2011, 8:52 PM
RE: extratime crashing. Are you all on about the live updates not automatically appearing/scrolling? They never have for me - I always have to click the refresh button for up-to-date updates!

Jofspring
19/08/2011, 9:01 PM
Disgraceful attitude from Limerick and we got what we deserved. With an attitude like that and once again poor decisions from the manager we do not deserve promotion with Scully in charge.

sullanefc
19/08/2011, 9:01 PM
RE: extratime crashing. Are you all on about the live updates not automatically appearing/scrolling? They never have for me - I always have to click the refresh button for up-to-date updates!

They auto update for me up until around the 80th minute of games and when I press refresh it just freezes. Happens every week.

Candystripe
19/08/2011, 9:05 PM
Derry unbeaten in the Dublin and district area this season still!!!!

El-Pietro
19/08/2011, 9:17 PM
bit of a tense night for City - 2-0 up, then Shane Duggan sent off just before half time. Then they get a penalty just after half time, and then Mark McNulty was clatter at a corner and was taken to hospital

6 minutes extra time didnt help. 3 points though, good result

MagicMon
19/08/2011, 9:35 PM
I-tal-ia! I-tal-ia!

born2bwild
19/08/2011, 9:50 PM
League-winning performance as Kev said on the radio. Whoever the Roverseseses have to play to make up games, we have the points in the bag.

First big problem for Bohs was their defence - Heary, Cahill and Cronin were poor - the full backs especially are, let's face it, 2-3 years past their sell by dates. That's serious because the belief is that, if nothing else, Bohs' defence is solid: it's not.

Second, they're just too thin in the centre of the park and their strikers (with the exception of Anto Flood, who came on too late to affect things) are physically unimposing.

Killian Brennan looked superb but 1 man hasn't taken on a whole team and won singlehandedly since Britland were spanked by DAM in Mexico '86.

That McEleney fella is some player - Derry bossed the ball and deserved to win but it was far from a league winning performance.

In other news: yer man in Burdocks van told me they're thinking of going back to Tolka next year. Yummy.

Aaron
19/08/2011, 10:06 PM
That McEleney fella is some player - Derry bossed the ball and deserved to win but it was far from a league winning performance.

Being under the cosh and digging out a win away at one of the toughest grounds in the league is league winning form in my book

born2bwild
19/08/2011, 10:17 PM
Being under the cosh and digging out a win away at one of the toughest grounds in the league is league winning form in my book

Yeah, but Bohs had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Derry were decent enough - maybe you're right - but I'd still have them as third favourites.

And you weren't under the cosh -that's the point: Bohs were not good enough.

Aaron
19/08/2011, 10:19 PM

Derry were decent enough - maybe you're right - but I'd still have them as third favourites.

Thats how we like it :)

Longfordian
19/08/2011, 10:39 PM

Bit late now obviously but futbol24.com does the job for me. Not as detailed as extratime but gives you the scores straight away. The app has push notifications for those with smartphones which is very very handy.

gufc2000
19/08/2011, 11:12 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but one of them games is against us

placid casual
19/08/2011, 11:15 PM
Thats how we like it :)

I think nobody believes that, least of all yourselves.

the previous emails in this thread scream "take us seriously, league wise".

when Rovers have played their 2 games in hand, and they've played derry in talla, then you can judge if a league title for Derry is possible.

untill then, your team are doing well. be satisfied about that.

dfx-
19/08/2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but one of them games is against us

In good news for our nordie friends however, the other game in hand is against Bray :nails::dunno:

horton
20/08/2011, 12:17 AM
Could a Bohs fan offer their perspective on why their home form is quite poor this season? Out of the 13 matchs they've played at home, they've won 4, drew 3 and lost 6?! Away forms much better- 12 games played - 8 wins and 2 draws/losses. If they could play at home like they are playing elsewhere Bohs would definitely be pushing for the title this year!

brendy_éire
20/08/2011, 12:29 AM

Nah, Price was climbing all over him. Fair decision. Mind you, Doyle was poor tonight.

born2bwild
20/08/2011, 12:39 AM
Fair decision?

Look, it wasn't quite Start FC versus the Gestapo in WW2 but that was a disgrace. I can only think that he's trying to keep Alan Kelly company in 'stamping down on pushing in the box' - possibly some kind of directive is in place.

That was a proper goal.

Which is not to say Derry didn't deserve to win; they did.

MariborKev
20/08/2011, 1:17 AM
I didn't think we were particularly good tonight.

Bohs were very, very disappointing. Punting long balls, a defence that is about as responsive as a civil servant and 4-5-1 at home. They have only scored 8 at home all season, little wonder.

Brennan is head and shoulders above the rest of that team. I'd have him back at the Brandy tomorrow.

B2B, from where we were in the press box it seemed like clear hands from Price on Greacen. I dunno if there was any "force applied" but Doyle probably looked up, saw the hands and blew. He was in line with us, I assume he had a similiar view of the incident.

Charlie Darwin
20/08/2011, 1:27 AM
Well done Derry. Dalymount is a very tough place to win as Rovers' recent record amply demonstrates. Looking increasingly like the title run in is going to be very tasty indeed.

thischarmingman
20/08/2011, 2:07 AM
Derry bossed the ball and deserved to win but it was far from a league winning performance.

Going to Dalymount Park to play Bohs, with ten games to go in the league, playing rubbish in the first half, and managing a 1-0 win...I'm going to go right ahead and call that a league-winning performance. At this stage of the season I couldn't care if we lump the ball forward for 95 minutes until it comes off Eamon Zayed's arse- managing a win against Bohs away from home is a big result.

Obviously we've played better this season but if we manage to win this thing we'll look back on this evening as a massive step forward. To quote someone on our forum. "That's a f***ing monstrous win!"

dfx-
20/08/2011, 2:20 AM
I wouldn't say it's a monstruous win for anyone except Rovers. Bohs away is a reasonably easy task for title contenders...except for Rovers with the added Dublin derby aspect making it a bit tougher...they are a mid-table side really..

I don't think there'd be that strong a reaction if Derry won in Dundalk or or Pats or similarly placed sides..

Dave_SRFC
20/08/2011, 6:16 AM
I wouldn't say it's a monstruous win for anyone except Rovers. Bohs away is a reasonably easy task for title contenders...except for Rovers with the added Dublin derby aspect making it a bit tougher...they are a mid-table side really..

I don't think there'd be that strong a reaction if Derry won in Dundalk or or Pats or similarly placed sides..

Bohs home form has been terrible this season, Derry fans shouldn't get too carried away with themselves.

Flexy
20/08/2011, 7:58 AM
Well done Derry. Dalymount is a very tough place to win as Rovers' recent record amply demonstrates. Looking increasingly like the title run in is going to be very tasty indeed.
It was a good victory by us, but look at our runin from now. We play all the top teams aways from home. Sligo (a), UCD (h), Drogs(h), Shamrock Rvrs (A), Bray (h), Dundalk (a), Galway (h), Pats (a) and Bohs (h) a very hard run in of away matches. I think we might just fall short, but at the start of the season I would have grabbed the position we are in with both hands. Good luck lads

Aaron
20/08/2011, 10:50 AM
I think nobody believes that, least of all yourselves.

the previous emails in this thread scream "take us seriously, league wise".

when Rovers have played their 2 games in hand, and they've played derry in talla, then you can judge if a league title for Derry is possible.

untill then, your team are doing well. be satisfied about that.

We have always used the underdog tag IMO> Look last year when we were favs, we nearly threw it away. Rovers and Sligo are still favourites ahead of us, we'll just take 1 game at a time ;)

passerrby
20/08/2011, 10:55 AM
A great win for us against a strong Waterford team there biggest mistake was scoring so early we played sone really good ball all night great spirit and belief from Roddy and the lads

born2bwild
20/08/2011, 11:07 AM
I didn't think we were particularly good tonight.

Bohs were very, very disappointing. Punting long balls, a defence that is about as responsive as a civil servant and 4-5-1 at home. They have only scored 8 at home all season, little wonder.

Brennan is head and shoulders above the rest of that team. I'd have him back at the Brandy tomorrow.

B2B, from where we were in the press box it seemed like clear hands from Price on Greacen. I dunno if there was any "force applied" but Doyle probably looked up, saw the hands and blew. He was in line with us, I assume he had a similiar view of the incident.

I was sitting just to the right of the press box and, sure, there was pushing and shoving, but has there ever been a set piece or cross in this or any league where that wasn't the case?

It's not like someone got a punch in the gob or a loaf was thrown - although, on the strength of recent evidence, in the latter case the goal would have stood!

The Derry defenders didn't complain - it was a normal, everyday ball in, a bit of pushing and shoving and a goal.

Unless you're going to start overtly punishing this kind of stuff when the rest of the world isn't doing so, that was not a fair decision.

At any rate, Bohs didn't deserve a result so I don't really care.

GalwayRed
20/08/2011, 11:09 AM
A great win for us against a strong Waterford team there biggest mistake was scoring so early we played sone really good ball all night great spirit and belief from Roddy and the lads
People seem to overlook Monaghan in all the talk of who will get promoted but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go up automatically. I'm not looking forward to them coming to Tolka in a few weeks time.

Town Legend
20/08/2011, 11:54 AM

www.futbol24.com (http://www.futbol24.com)

Town Legend
20/08/2011, 11:57 AM
Just realised it was posted up already!!

passerrby
20/08/2011, 2:34 PM
People seem to overlook Monaghan in all the talk of who will get promoted but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go up automatically. I'm not looking forward to them coming to Tolka in a few weeks time.

That's always been the case I suppose it suits us but we are playing a lovely brand of football at the moment and like yourselves can score from anywhere, plus Roddy see
S to know how to get the best of his players

MagicMon
20/08/2011, 5:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xdN0QQwsP1A/TH0KrkEDGpI/AAAAAAAAKb0/sVIDcgyUYR0/s400/In+Rod+We+Trust.jpg

Sam_Heggy
20/08/2011, 6:45 PM
Harps one up in Athlone. McHugh with the goal.

Harps -1 at 4/1 is lookin decent now

bullit
20/08/2011, 7:25 PM
Sligo 1 up V UCD Eoin Doyle scores.

bullit
20/08/2011, 8:33 PM
f/t sligo win and harps win.

legendz
20/08/2011, 10:31 PM
Shamrock Rovers 5 - 0
10/1

The odds with PP. It'll take them top.