PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Youths away

outspoken
19/08/2011, 2:52 PM
We've beaten Wexford in all of our encounters so far this season and while you'd expect us to win I've just read that both Don and Aussie are doubtful tonight while Keith Gillespie and Niall O'Reilly are 100% out and I heard that Gillespie got injured playing in one of those charity matches anyway thats for a different thread.

If Don and Aussie are both out we could have a major problem on our hands, Don has not trained all week with a groin problem so I really cant see him playing and I dont think we should risk t with Bhs on the horizon but Aussie has a throat infection and while that can be very uncomfortable for a footballer I just dont see it keeping him out haha so at least if w have one of them then we should be ok but the Youths have a good little squad and while theyve under performed this season the likes of Danny Furlong will have to be watched very closely.

It's another massive game and while 6th would be a good finish 5th would be a very good finish ahead of our long time rivals Waterford.

Longfordian
19/08/2011, 3:55 PM
I'd say Aussie will play alright, he seems to always want to play. Could be a chance for Purdy to start if Cowan is out. I don't think I'd risk him either unless he's 100%. A win would be good but I don't think it'll be easy.

outspoken
19/08/2011, 5:47 PM
I'd say Aussie will play alright, he seems to always want to play. Could be a chance for Purdy to start if Cowan is out. I don't think I'd risk him either unless he's 100%. A win would be good but I don't think it'll be easy.

Purdy would be an option alright but who would you play alongside him or would we possibly have to change formation and go with just the one man up top?

Acornvilla
19/08/2011, 6:07 PM
We have at least 93 strikers at this stage we're hardly short of options, its a good opportunity to see what the new guys are made of

Longfordian
19/08/2011, 9:35 PM
Great comeback win from the lads. Sounds like it was well deserved, Purdy was good apparently!

Martinho II
20/08/2011, 1:10 AM
just home from wexford. Town made five changes from shels game.. Rouse,G Cronin, Dowling, Daniel Purdy and Darragh Satelle( who made his debut). Town did not deserve to go behind thro ball had youths player thro on goal..he hit it past Rouse.. We thought it was him that was offside but it was his teammate that was more offside than him.. It wasnt looking good but the game changed. A lovely corner from Walsh was headed in from Hylo. one all. Then Craig Walsh hit a beautiful volley from a Crawley cross, class goal.. Youths had a player sent off after being in a tussle with Gary Cronin and then in the last min of injury time we got a peno after youths handballed.. salmo hit it confidently past holden.. daniel purdy had a superb debut for us from the start he hit the crossbar and was unlucky not to score. Jeff Flood made his debut as sub in defence he is 6feet 3 and was very good for us.. all of a sudden I am not as worried anymore.. Skelly and Cowan were big losses but we coped well without them..

btw outspoken your mailbox is full. Yeah I am happy to swap that program for you and will give this at the bohs game!

outspoken
20/08/2011, 9:37 AM
btw outspoken your mailbox is full. Yeah I am happy to swap that program for you and will give this at the bohs game!

Thank you and thank you.