PDA

View Full Version : Greece Win Euro 2004

liam88
04/07/2004, 10:18 PM
Greece take it 1-0 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3860105.stm)

Henrik Larrsson (following a great career for Luton town ;) ) wins best goal for his legendary diving header :D (no link as yet)

Anyone have a couple of quid on Greece to win at the start of the tournament when they were 1/100?

Jon'o
04/07/2004, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=liam88]
Henrik Larrsson (following a great career for Luton town ;) ) [QUOTE]

it works hurrah :D ;)

[QUOTE=liam88] wins best goal for his legendary diving header :D (no link as yet) [QUOTE]

that goal was a cracker...

was going to go for greece to win, was going to go halfs with my friends but they decided the money was better used for beer!!!! :mad: how stupid they look now

lopez
05/07/2004, 11:40 AM
Greece take it 1-0 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3860105.stm)

Henrik Larrsson (following a great career for Luton town ;) ) wins best goal for his legendary diving header :D (no link as yet)

Anyone have a couple of quid on Greece to win at the start of the tournament when they were 1/100?I doubt even a Greek would have wasted his drachmas on them winning. Just wished I was Michael J Fox with that book from Back To The Future 2. I'd be on a flight to Rio this morning, first f*cking class!

Plastic Paddy
05/07/2004, 12:08 PM
I doubt even a Greek would have wasted his drachmas on them winning

You'd be surprised. William Hill's were taken to the cleaners to the tune of £332,000 by one lucky punter from Liam's neck of the woods. They "believe him to be Greek". :D

:D PP

lopez
05/07/2004, 2:06 PM
You'd be surprised. William Hill's were taken to the cleaners to the tune of £332,000 by one lucky punter from Liam's neck of the woods. They "believe him to be Greek". He's got to be a member of GA to put on such a 'stupid' bet. That 332K will be wiped out on all the other stupid bets he's put money on over the years. However if he was just 'feeling lucky' then he's made my day fleecing that B&T w*nker Hill.

sylvo
05/07/2004, 2:20 PM
Great craic around where i live last night with the Greek's, car's driving around hooting the car horn's and flying flag's, even yesterday morning they were going mad, plus they showed the native's how to go out and party after a match and not smash the place up which is something they could'nt do after their four match's. Fair play to Greece well done.

lopez
05/07/2004, 2:33 PM
Great craic around where i live last night with the Greek's, car's driving around hooting the car horn's and flying flag's, even yesterday morning they were going mad, plus they showed the native's how to go out and party after a match and not smash the place up which is something they could'nt do after their four match's. Fair play to Greece well done.Bit down as I wanted Portugal to win, but fair play to Greece who emulated Denmark and Czechoslovakia as outsiders to win this competition. Wonder if our friend the mechanic from Lisbon managed to make it through the night with his dodgy heart?

liam88
05/07/2004, 3:17 PM
You'd be surprised. William Hill's were taken to the cleaners to the tune of £332,000 by one lucky punter from Liam's neck of the woods. They "believe him to be Greek". :D

:D PP

HEard about him this morning :D might try and find him some time :p

At least it raises the tone of this place a bit-the last person in the national papers from round here was the eejit who tried to cut down David Blaines box....he lived across the road from ma mate :rolleyes:

adamcarr
05/07/2004, 3:33 PM
Im in the Greek part of Cyprus :confused: And the place has gone crazy. Greek flags every, people running around half naked(Mostly men :mad: ) fireworks, flares and much more! :p

Coltron
06/07/2004, 12:06 PM
I backed Greece at 50/1 prior to the France game, although I also backed, ahem, Portugal, England, France, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, Holland, Czech Rep and Germany just to cover myself.

Still ended up with profit.

Did the same with the topscorers market, started with Tomasson followed by Vieri, Bervbatov, Larsson, VanNistelrooy and Baros. You can't beat the auld betting exchanges.

Almost forgot backed Croatia too in the outright. Thing is I didn't expect half of them to win I though say Denmark had a good chance so backed them at 50/1 then they do well and their odd drops to 20/1 and another teams odd goes up so then I can afford to back them and ensure a profit. Same can be done in-running during a game. Actually was garentued a profit in the outright after the Frenchies went out although Greece were one of my worst winners. ;)

Pauro 76
06/07/2004, 12:41 PM
Watched the Greece-Portugal game (the 1st group game) and a mate remarked, good game, could this be the final if France and England feck up. I just laughed, thought about backing Greece as an outside bet to win the championship for a few minutes.. told myself to cop on and put a tenner on Bulgaria... if only.. :(