PDA

View Full Version : Saturday July 17th

Gary
04/07/2004, 9:32 PM
Should City beat NEC next week (fingers Xed), the first leg of the 3rd round is at home.

Now, surely City will want to play this on the above date, July 17th, yes?

Now heres the interesting part. That is the same day that thr Roy Keane XI are due to play the Stiffs at the Cross!!!

What will happen? Surely a competitive European match will take precedence over a friendly?

Interesting eh!?

thecorner
04/07/2004, 9:59 PM
could always play it on the 18th or ask nantes to swap dates around

Gary
04/07/2004, 10:00 PM
Why should City have to accomodate a friendly???

thecorner
04/07/2004, 10:03 PM
its not my fault :eek:

thecorner
04/07/2004, 10:04 PM
think about it though

its not our pitch and ramblers probably have it booked off the MFA a long time before we even thought of booking it

Counting Crow
04/07/2004, 10:14 PM
Let's be fair here now......this is Queenstowns European adventure! :D

A face
04/07/2004, 10:34 PM
could always play it on the 18th or ask nantes to swap dates around

Seems like a plan ..... but lads, we dont even have that problem yet so theres no point.

Sunday is the next hurdle and the one we should be concerned with.

southside bohs
04/07/2004, 10:51 PM
just tell keane to fcuk off and play it on the saturday night. most likely what will happen is that it would be switched to the sunday because the friendly has already sold out and cobh would hardly want to give refunds.

Keane would be impressed by city professionalism if you did tell him to fcuk off ;)

sullanefc
05/07/2004, 8:50 AM
The thing is, its not our ground so I don't think we have a say in it. I think the 18th is the best solution. I would hate it if the dates were swapped around cos the tie could be over when the second leg is played at the cross

one_bounce
05/07/2004, 10:01 AM
The thing is, its not our ground so I don't think we have a say in it. I think the 18th is the best solution. I would hate it if the dates were swapped around cos the tie could be over when the second leg is played at the cross

hold yer horses a while there biy... people said the same about malmo and neijmegen and last i remebered we hammered malmo and we got a great 0-0 draw against nec on sat.. i'd rather play away first.. we are well organised and difficult to beat away and who knows what we could muster up out the cross with a packed house

Eric
05/07/2004, 11:55 AM
I thought the first leg of the nxt round (should we get there!!!) was supposed to be away????

Is it definately down to be home first???

Colm
05/07/2004, 12:12 PM
I thought the first leg of the nxt round (should we get there!!!) was supposed to be away????

That's the impression I was under aswell.

Anyway, we shouldn't be talking about the next round as we have a very difficult match against an excellent Dutch side to contend with on Sunday first.

NorthoftheLee
05/07/2004, 12:44 PM
fcuk.....could have doen with the extra week to organise IF we get through...

off to the internet searching again I suppose.......

patsh
05/07/2004, 6:20 PM
Nice one lads, some of you have just done a Malmo on it..... :rolleyes: