PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier.

js79
13/08/2011, 11:17 AM
you have a few valid points but i totally disagree with your opinion as it was a one club vendetta,as for pikes fai team ,we were out of schoolboys for few years and it took us a long time to recover ,we have worked around the clock in the mean time to get our facilitys up to scratch to try and attract the best players available which i might add these players should have a right to decide who they want to play for and the new rule would not have allowed for that.Pike have set the bar domestic wise the last 5 years and its upto other clubs to step up to the challenge,balla are doing it their way by promoting youth but in my opinion other clubs are just sitting back feeling sorry for themselves instead of accepting the challenge.Remember to be the beat you have to beat the bestcan you tell all the readers why pike were out of schoolboy football,were they not thrown out for poaching players,as for clubs feeling sorry for themselves,we all no how pike"attract"the top players

blueboy2
13/08/2011, 3:11 PM
you have a few valid points but i totally disagree with your opinion as it was a one club vendetta,as for pikes fai team ,we were out of schoolboys for few years and it took us a long time to recover ,we have worked around the clock in the mean time to get our facilitys up to scratch to try and attract the best players available which i might add these players should have a right to decide who they want to play for and the new rule would not have allowed for that.Pike have set the bar domestic wise the last 5 years and its upto other clubs to step up to the challenge,balla are doing it their way by promoting youth but in my opinion other clubs are just sitting back feeling sorry for themselves instead of accepting the challenge.Remember to be the beat you have to beat the best
What a great speech fair play to you not once did you mention money in it.

theboywonder8
13/08/2011, 4:02 PM
can you tell all the readers why pike were out of schoolboy football,were they not thrown out for poaching players,as for clubs feeling sorry for themselves,we all no how pike"attract"the top players

Pike were not thrown out of schoolboy football ever,your info is wrong pal,you're getting mixed up with wembley I think,

deadly man
13/08/2011, 4:15 PM
I know the Pike boys on this dont like AA but they put a plan through and nearly every club in town agreed with it so ye cant all point the finger at AA. Something has to be done about it, if everybody wants to see the same team winning the league and FAI year after year then thats fine but id rather see a bit of competition each season.
Pike only won the FAI once lad

thegreatone
13/08/2011, 6:28 PM
I know Pike won it once but the way things are going theyl keep winning it and winning everything for the next few years.

Sorry Wanderer did Fairview pay their players back then and get nearly a full LOI squad to play Junior football I dont think so. Who in this town is close to Pike, nobody is.

Iv nothing against Pike its a great achievement what they done its just I want to see a competitive league and the way things are going it wont happen for a long time.

theboywonder8
13/08/2011, 7:40 PM
Fairview had more ex loi when they won fai's than pike had last year,do people want players to retire after loi or what,of players want to sign for pile or fairview or whoever,so what,can anyone tell me how many EX loi players(who are regraded by the way) fairview had last year,yed be very surprised to know they had more than pike,FACT,

booster 03
13/08/2011, 7:59 PM
Fairview had more ex loi when they won fai's than pike had last year,do people want players to retire after loi or what,of players want to sign for pile or fairview or whoever,so what,can anyone tell me how many EX loi players(who are regraded by the way) fairview had last year,yed be very surprised to know they had more than pike,FACT,

This arguement is getting beyond petty- clubs payin players,boro pike fairview,i say fair play to them,if a fella can get a few quid well all good to them,as for pike dominating junior soccer,these things happen in cycles,like view had not long ago,pikes achievement last yr was terific and should be admired rather than be loathed.

blinkx
13/08/2011, 8:21 PM
I know Pike won it once but the way things are going theyl keep winning it and winning everything for the next few years.

Sorry Wanderer did Fairview pay their players back then and get nearly a full LOI squad to play Junior football I dont think so. Who in this town is close to Pike, nobody is.

Iv nothing against Pike its a great achievement what they done its just I want to see a competitive league and the way things are going it wont happen for a long time.

Near Full LOI squad?

Gary Neville, Colm Enright, Eoin Hanrahan, Pat Moloney, Both Donovans, Dave O'Grady, Dermot Phelan, Conor Kavanagh - All Non LOI when the FAI Junior Cup was won. That's more than half squad, that wasn't counting Alan Barry/Mick Ahern/Pat Mullins/ Keith Hartnett for which has been at least 4/5 years since they've been near LOI and shouldn't be considered LOI players IMO.

So your left with John Tierney, Wayne Colbert, Davy Ryan, Brian Cleary and Colm Carroll who have played LOI recently(Last 3 years). Hardly a Squad "Full" of LOI now is it. But that isn't your point. It's bashing Pike, they happen to be winning currently. It happens in every sport.

At the end of the day you can say whatever you want. But personally Pike have probably the best facilities in town, I know I'd rather be getting changed in dressing rooms than a container. And to be in with a viable chance of winning a medal at the end of the season. But hey that's me!

It's never going to be a fully competitive league. Hardly any league is. You'll always have the stronger teams. Very hard to fix.

hoops38
13/08/2011, 9:31 PM
can you tell all the readers why pike were out of schoolboy football,were they not thrown out for poaching players,as for clubs feeling sorry for themselves,we all no how pike"attract"the top players

no not thrown out they folded due to lack of manpower ,and the reason we attract players ,wel i suggest you take a tour of crossagalla and make up your own mind ,top class facilities and a winning team

wanderer
13/08/2011, 10:08 PM

your point was the same team winning everything and you wanted the rules changed to stop this. paying players opens up a whole different ballgame.

wanderer
13/08/2011, 10:45 PM
ok.pike have been accused of paying players.how many other clubs have offered players "incentives" to play for them . i know of at least 6.i am not a pike man just tired of the bitterness

neverseenit
14/08/2011, 5:52 AM
i agree alan and to tell you the truth im sick to the teeth of it,12th man will ban someone for a minor offence but pike keep getting slated,abused and our name dragged through the mud and it seems to be ok

Well you know what they say "the truth hurts"