PDA

View Full Version : Town vs Shels - 13/8 7.30pm.

L.T.F.C.
13/08/2011, 6:53 PM
1-1

On DA DON!

outspoken
13/08/2011, 8:55 PM
Right before I start my weekly rant on the officials I will admit that we perhaps wernt at our best at the back at times and that don missed 2 sitters but the officials performance was once again unacceptable.

The own goal came from a free kick given for a push in the back by skelly a push that never happened and the third goal came from a series of mistakes from the officials as a Shels player blatently handeled the ball in front of the ref and lino in front of the stand but he let play go on and they scored from the resulting corner when we should have been launching a free up the field.

Then there was the pure inconsitency of the refs decisions, he gave yellows for nothing but when Mick lee was through on goal and got chopped down no card was produced.

There was several blatent offsides during the game that shels got away with too. And while I don't think Cowan was fouled inside the box if it wasn't a penalty it was surely a dive so why not book him?

Shels players theatrics at times didn't help eithier.

You could see TC was sick with the decisions and he's not the only one but once again the lads can hold their heads high and say they gave it their all.

L.T.F.C.
14/08/2011, 7:18 AM
The own goal came from a free kick given for a push in the back by skelly a push that never happened and the third goal came from a series of mistakes from the officials as a Shels player blatently handeled the ball in front of the ref and lino in front of the stand but he let play go on and they scored from the resulting corner when we should have been launching a free up the field.

Doesn't matter what happened as regards the ref... bearing in mind I wasn't in attendance, judging by your post we still had ample opportunity to clear.

outspoken
14/08/2011, 9:23 AM
Ah yes I will admit that we were poor at the back and we didn't finish well up top but the referee was simply awful and if there was any justice in football he wouldn't get a game next week but it's the FAIlure were dealing with here.

OneForTheFuture
14/08/2011, 9:53 AM
Right before I start my weekly rant on the officials I will admit that we perhaps wernt at our best at the back at times and that don missed 2 sitters but the officials performance was once again unacceptable.

Then there was the pure inconsitency of the refs decisions, he gave yellows for nothing but when Mick lee was through on goal and got chopped down no card was produced.

There was several blatent offsides during the game that shels got away with too. And while I don't think Cowan was fouled inside the box if it wasn't a penalty it was surely a dive so why not book him?

Shels players theatrics at times didn't help eithier.

You could see TC was sick with the decisions and he's not the only one but once again the lads can hold their heads high and say they gave it their all.

Think that was Casso but I didn't think it hit his arm, just very well controlled with his chest. The fact that neither the ref nor lino saw anything wrong backs that up. Cousins certainly did think it was handball.

outspoken
14/08/2011, 11:23 AM
I dont want to sound like a sore loser because Shels were the better team no doubt but its the same with officials every week.

fitzpatrick10
14/08/2011, 4:13 PM
Some things just never change... once again the focus is on the ref and officials which the shells supporters describe last night as “ Fu*k the league and the FAI, Full of cheats and full of lies”
the ref and the linos were bad and some times the decisions did not go our way, as for skellys push that never happened it was a clear push in the back and he did this on a few occasions.. stupid , giving away needless free kicks which one led to the goal
the defence once again was flawed by lack of communication.. the og!
We were lucky last night we didn’t concede more .. one one with 30min gone and we looked like we could get the win... disappointing result !

L.T.F.C.
14/08/2011, 5:59 PM
Some things just never change... once again the focus is on the ref and officials which the shells supporters describe last night as “ Fu*k the league and the FAI, Full of cheats and full of lies”
the ref and the linos were bad and some times the decisions did not go our way, as for skellys push that never happened it was a clear push in the back and he did this on a few occasions.. stupid , giving away needless free kicks which one led to the goal
the defence once again was flawed by lack of communication.. the og!
We were lucky last night we didn’t concede more .. one one with 30min gone and we looked like we could get the win... disappointing result !

Inspirational stuff there! :D

Martinho II
15/08/2011, 9:16 AM
I am disappointed with the result. Cowans goal was class. hunty intercepted the ball passed the ball to thomas crawley towards section o' side of the pitch he went past shels back and hit a beauty of a cross to cowan from just past the centre line .. Austin Skelly was key to the goal too it was him that ducked under dons instruction! Crawley impressed me greatly in the first half but was non existent in the second half.. once again our defending was crap.. I am losing count of the amount of times that we have lost 3-1 to a top flight side.. this game reminds me so much of the limerick game in flancare a few weeks ago when we equalised thro Don Cowan on the bog side of the ground and lost 3-1! I think we have lost fifth spot now with us being behind Waterford on goal difference now.. Does anyone know why Keith Gillespie wasnt in the squad or at the game?

btw Colchester Utd had a scout at the game looking at Don Cowan.. After his well taken goal I wouldnt be surprised if he goes across on trial again!

sorbothegreek
15/08/2011, 10:32 AM
btw Colchester Utd had a scout at the game looking at Don Cowan.. After his well taken goal I wouldnt be surprised if he goes across on trial again!

After the chances he missed at the start of the second half i'd be very surprised if they were impressed..

outspoken
15/08/2011, 12:08 PM
After the chances he missed at the start of the second half i'd be very surprised if they were impressed..

To be fair he caused Shels constant problems and was very impressive, finishing can be worked on but he has everything else.

sorbothegreek
15/08/2011, 1:52 PM
I honestly don't know how you can say he was very impressive Saturday night, he took his goal well but then missed two chances that either of the Roche brothers would have put away.

Acornvilla
15/08/2011, 2:19 PM
he has the ability but needs to be constantly good, scoring a screamer and missing sitters will get you nowhere

outspoken
15/08/2011, 10:44 PM
He's our top scorer this season and I without him we'd be no where near 5th/6th spot, every striker misses a sitter or two now and again the fact he's getting in those positions shows along with his record so far this season that he is quality.

GlasnevinRed
15/08/2011, 11:19 PM
http://vimeo.com/27699076

L.T.F.C.
16/08/2011, 2:53 AM
Did we get new seats?

Keen2win
16/08/2011, 8:04 AM
No, if you were at the match you would have realised they were painted!!

Martinho II
16/08/2011, 9:06 AM
I honestly don't know how you can say he was very impressive Saturday night, he took his goal well but then missed two chances that either of the Roche brothers would have put away.

i know what you are sayin but I hope that Colchester saw enough of him to maybe come back for a second viewing if he was below par..at least he is makin the chances.. this time last year he was missing them not scorin.. I rather him missin a few than not scorin...

Rocky77
16/08/2011, 9:25 AM
Is his contract up at the end of the season? There are only two weeks left of the transfer window so if he doesn't go in the next fortnight he'll leave for nowt. Can't see a club like Colchester having any sort of transfer budget to pay for a player totally unproven at any serious level - more likely they'll wait til November and take him in for a closer look then.

outspoken
16/08/2011, 9:47 AM
Did we get new seats?

Bit of paint makes the world of difference the place looks wonderful.

Martinho II
16/08/2011, 9:59 AM
Is his contract up at the end of the season? There are only two weeks left of the transfer window so if he doesn't go in the next fortnight he'll leave for nowt. Can't see a club like Colchester having any sort of transfer budget to pay for a player totally unproven at any serious level - more likely they'll wait til November and take him in for a closer look then.
I would say so yeah rocky.. the majority of the town squad are on one yr contracts ..I am not sure specifically with cowan but with us being in the first division nowadays you really can only focus season by season with existing squad members.btw looking at the shels video of the match craig walsh had a key role in the goal .crawley did brilliantly to keep ball in play and did great one two with craig walsh..

Acornvilla
16/08/2011, 12:04 PM
Its been annoying me for a while now whats that white structure beside the stand? :)

seats look much better too :d

Longfordian
16/08/2011, 1:20 PM
They're putting in new toilets, a new medical room and a drug testing room I think. Some storage rooms as well as far as I know.

Acornvilla
16/08/2011, 1:52 PM
They're putting in new toilets, a new medical room and a drug testing room I think. Some storage rooms as well as far as I know.

Good stuff, money is better spent on things like that anyway

I was thinking actually, how much would it cost to put a little roof the whole way around the seats? Or would any company do it for free/ reduced rate if we gave them free sponsorship of it for life?

outspoken
16/08/2011, 2:28 PM
Good stuff, money is better spent on things like that anyway

I was thinking actually, how much would it cost to put a little roof the whole way around the seats? Or would any company do it for free/ reduced rate if we gave them free sponsorship of it for life?

I'd imagine that would cost more than you think

Acornvilla
16/08/2011, 4:38 PM
Yeah I know it would cost a decent amount but the promise of free sponsorship could soften the blow greatly especially if things do continue (albeit slowly) to improve on the field

Longfordian
16/08/2011, 5:37 PM
They costed it out a few years ago and as far as I can remember you're talking six figures. You'd have to have supporting columns on the walls and I'm not sure the existing walls would be strong enough. If and when the capital grants from the government come online again then that's part of the plans for future applications afaik. The lights will have to be upgraded at some point too.

L.T.F.C.
16/08/2011, 8:44 PM
No, if you were at the match you would have realised they were painted!!

Thats f*cking rich.

L.T.F.C.
16/08/2011, 8:47 PM
They costed it out a few years ago and as far as I can remember you're talking six figures. You'd have to have supporting columns on the walls and I'm not sure the existing walls would be strong enough. If and when the capital grants from the government come online again then that's part of the plans for future applications afaik. The lights will have to be upgraded at some point too.
With the restructuring of the walls and sorting out getting around the astro-turf pitches, it'd be seven figures. There's new dressing rooms in the corner too as far I know!

Longfordian
16/08/2011, 9:03 PM
Yeah I think there's new or additional changing facilities for the refs and fourth officials I think. You obviously need a separate room for female officials and they were using the drug room previously I believe.

RonnieB
16/08/2011, 9:19 PM
. You obviously need a separate room for female officials and they were using the drug room previously I believe.

They can use my car.

Martinho II
16/08/2011, 10:44 PM
thats fantastic news about the clubs plans for the unroofed part of the ground.. In 1995 longford town did heavy fundraising to get a roof around the whole length of the pitch where section o is now but it wasnt as expensive as back then there was no walls as it was all standing room only.. That only lasted for five years as the full development then started to take shape new stand, old guinness stand demolished old stand the far side demolished.. hopefully club will get second pitches sorted out soon and then we will have the final product..

Longfordian
16/08/2011, 11:34 PM
Well I know they were definitely looking at it a few years ago but God knows if or when they'll get the necessary grant approval and they'd have to find 20 or 30% of the cost themselves. I wouldn't be expecting it to happen any time soon given the current government finances!

outspoken
17/08/2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah I think there's new or additional changing facilities for the refs and fourth officials I think. You obviously need a separate room for female officials and they were using the drug room previously I believe.

So that's why she was such a bi*ch to us :)

outspoken
17/08/2011, 11:15 PM
Just on the second pitch thing is it true that within the next two years it will be a licensing requirment that you have two pitches? Just something I heard.

L.T.F.C.
18/08/2011, 4:25 AM
I doubt that highly outspoken, where would the Dublin teams put theirs? Not counting UCD.