PDA

View Full Version : Dolan got it right again last night

Counting Crow
04/07/2004, 10:05 AM
He got it spot on AGAIN!

We went there to get a result and by God did we do that. F**king top class.

Billy Barry said at the outset of his commentary that City weren't playing very well and were sitting back. Of course they were - the onus was on the Dutch to take the game to us ( Billy did a great job on the commentary overall though ). Neeskens said beforehand that we had a good defense and he was ceratinly right there. Fair play to Neeskens for the compliments to us beforehand - class player and now class manager. Bet he's a worried man this morning though.

What about our defense?
Benno had a great game and Dan is playing out of his skin ( those 2 goals vs Malmo have done him the power of good ) - Captain Fantastic.
Bar a few occasions, we coped comfortably with them - but, do you know, most teams are put under pressure when they play in Europe particularly away from home.

It's how you cope with it that sets you out from the rest - brilliant City.

Dolan is proving to be a bloody good tactician in such situations (remember the job St Pats did on Celtic at Parkhead a few years ago). The team he has now put together is doing a great job and his contacts in England certainly help also ( Steve Perryman, ex Spurs captain, did a complete dossier on Malmo for him ).

Can't help but feel that good times are just around the corner now - what with the performances, new signings and current players signing up to extended contracts.

The dream is fast becoming reality.

thecorner
04/07/2004, 11:33 AM
seems to be becoming a habit now

Gary
04/07/2004, 12:48 PM
Can't help but feel that good times are just around the corner now - what with the performances, new signings and current players signing up to extended contracts.

If City are allowed play football, we are the best team in the country, unfortunatley, in the eL this wont happen against kick sh*t merchants like Shels etc.

DolansWaistcoat
04/07/2004, 1:58 PM
Dolinio is getting everything spot on in europe at the moment and you can see that he is very proud of what he and his team are achieving.Lets hope he can pull off one more 'shock' next week and get us a trip to france.

Watched the chorus hour special on the Malmo away game a few times and did ya see Dolan walking around the empty Malmo stadium on his own at the end of the show?Class stuff,well done chorus for the show. :D

I don't know about the 'good' movies that Dolan watches when he goes home at night though,sounds a bit dodgy to me Pat boy. ;)Soccer and watching 'good' movies is your life,hmmmmm.All to there own. :D

Peadar
06/07/2004, 8:48 AM
Billy Barry said at the outset of his commentary that City weren't playing very well and were sitting back. Of course they were - the onus was on the Dutch to take the game to us

I have to say, the way the players stuck to the game plan was unbelieveable!
There were times where I thought, lets get a few more people forward and take the game to them but it was plain to see that NEC were like a coiled spring, waiting for that little gap to exploit.
We never really gave them a chance and to be fair, it wasn't a boring game at all. Even the home fans were impressed with the flicks and tricks for Georgie. Throughout the game I felt that we were in control.
The international experience that so many players in our squad have must be a key contributor to their composure and confidence.