PDA

View Full Version : Ex-LOI abroad

Pages : [1] 2

thischarmingman
13/08/2011, 3:19 PM
Much point in having an ex-LOI players in the Premiership thread, or is it all covered in Ireland forum?

Connor Sammon on for Wigan v Norwich now

Stephen Ward's scored for Wolves:

Michel Salgado hacks Matt Jarvis down in the box for a definite penalty - but Paul Robinson pulls off a fine stop to push Kevin Doyle's penalty away from goal. From that save, however, the ball is returned into the area with interest and Stephen Ward latches on to a half clearance with a slap volley into the corner. Advantage Wolves.

Wes Hoolahan's gone and done it for Norwich.

This afternoon is shaping up to have it all - we now have a keeper gaff to add to the melting pot. Steve Morison gets clear down the Wigan left but his cross looks to have been claimed by Latics keeper Ali Al Habsi, only for the ball to slip out of his hands, allowing Wes Hoolahan to slam home.

total hoofball
13/08/2011, 3:45 PM
Wes Hoolahan should've made his Premiership debut 6/7 years ago

Better late than ever. Always a class act

SkStu
13/08/2011, 3:50 PM
Noel Hunt grabbed Readings opener today.

Stevo Da Gull
13/08/2011, 6:44 PM
Wes Hoolahan should've made his Premiership debut 6/7 years ago

Better late than ever. Always a class act

Completely agree, I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to get there.

Dodge
13/08/2011, 7:44 PM
Noel Hunt grabbed Readings opener today.

Yeah, no point in keeping it restricted to English premiership. We've had an exLOI thread before...

Keith Fahey scored for Birmingham today too

outspoken
14/08/2011, 11:31 AM
Dave Mooney made his Leyton Orient debut yesterday in a 1-0 defeat for the O's

KianD
14/08/2011, 11:57 AM
Gary Dicker effectively ensured Brighton won against Portsmouth.

fionnsci
14/08/2011, 12:15 PM
Kevin Doyle missed a penalty only for Stephen Ward to knock in the rebound. LOI double team....

Mr Maroon
14/08/2011, 2:18 PM
It was a great volley by Ward.

Mr Maroon
14/08/2011, 3:28 PM
Shane Long equalises against Manchester Utd.

pineapple stu
14/08/2011, 4:44 PM
Gary Dicker effectively ensured Brighton won against Portsmouth.
Brighton forum (http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?210272-Dicker-MOM) raving about him afterwards, though against that saying that he was poor to average in the first game. But it'll take a bit of time for him to step up to the new level I'm sure. Two ex-Students in the Premier next season? :eek:

Edit - my favourite quote -

Basically Gary Dicker is one the classiest and most intelligent players to have ever worn the stripes. He has had, by his standards, an average start to the season but I knew that he is so good it will just be a case of getting upto speed with Championship football especially as he has not played at this level before.
Go on Gaz! And in Ireland's weakest position too... :p

legendz
14/08/2011, 8:14 PM
Yeah, no point in keeping it restricted to English premiership. We've had an exLOI thread before...

Keith Fahey scored for Birmingham today too

Some should change the thread title to Ex-LoI abroad or something so...

It good to see players go on from the league and do well in their careers. Just a shame Ireland's clubs didn't bet more money for some of the talent that left on the cheap.

outspoken
15/08/2011, 9:28 AM
Some should change the thread title to Ex-LoI abroad or something so...

It good to see players go on from the league and do well in their careers. Just a shame Ireland's clubs didn't bet more money for some of the talent that left on the cheap.

Even more of a shame we dont have the money to keep such amazing players

Martinho II
15/08/2011, 9:29 AM
ex longford town player Danny Spiller scored for Gillingham on saturday!

outspoken
15/08/2011, 9:45 AM
ex longford town player Danny Spiller scored for Gillingham on saturday!

What year was he with Town?

Dodge
15/08/2011, 9:54 AM
On the subject of LOI abroad Ryan Guy is settling in with the New England Revolution;
http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news/2011/08/ryan-guy-returns-home

Time for a list?

Hairy Bowsie
15/08/2011, 10:31 AM
This list i put together on Shelsweb, covers English league and Scotland. I'm missing some so feel free to add to it.

Premiership

Stephen Ward - Wolves (Ex-Bohs)
Kevin Doyle - Wolves (Ex-Cork)
Matt Doherty - Wolves (Ex-Bohs)
James McClean - Sunderland (Ex-Derry)
Brad Jones - Liverpool (Ex-Shels)
Brian Murphy - QPR (Ex-Bohs)
Seamus Coleman - Everton (Ex-Sligo)
Conor Sammon - Wigan (Ex-UCD/Derry)
Wes Hoolahan - Norwich (Ex-Shels)
Shane Long - WBA (Ex-Cork)

Championship

Keith Fahey - Birmingham (Ex-Pats)
Roy O'Donovan - Coventry (Ex-Cork)
Paul Keegan - Doncaster (Ex-Bohs/Drogs)
Noel Hunt - Reading (Ex-Shams)
David Forde - Millwall (Ex-Derry)
Gary Dicker - Brighton (Ex-UCD)
Colin Healy - Ipswich (Ex-Cork)
Gary Deegan - Coventry (Ex-Shels/Bohs)

League 1

Paddy Madden - Carlisle (Ex-Bohs)
John O'Flynn - Exeter (Ex-Cork)
Shaun Williams - MK Dons (Ex-Drogs/Dundalk)
Jay O'Shea - MK Dons (Ex-Galway)
Dave Mooney - Leyton Orient (Ex-Cork/Longford)
Mark McChrystal - Tranmere (Ex-Derry)
Dave McAllister - Sheff. Utd (Ex-Shels/Pats)
Seamus Conneely - Sheff. Utd (ex-Galway United)
Stephen Quinn - Sheff. Utd (Ex-Pats)
Niall McGinn - Brentford (Ex-Derry) On loan from Celtic
Darren Murphy - Stevenage (Ex-Cobh)

League 2

Tadgh Purcell - Northampton (Ex-Shams)
Alan Bennett - Cheltenham (Ex-Cork)
Kevin Long - Accrington (Ex-Cork) On loan from Burnley

Scotland

Sean Dillon - Dundee Utd (Ex-Shels/Longford)
Paddy McCourt - Celtic (Ex-Derry/Shams)
Richie Foran - ICT (Ex-Shels)
Graham Gartland - St Johnstone (Ex-Drogs)
James Chambers - Hamilton (Ex-Shels/Rovers)
Alan Mannus - St Johnstone (Ex-Rovers)
Daryl Murphy - Celtic (Ex-Waterford)

USA - MLS
Ryan Guy - New England Revolution (ex-Pats)
Chris Konopka - New York Red Bulls (ex-Waterford/Bohs/Fingal)

pineapple stu
15/08/2011, 10:39 AM
Tadhg Purcell is ex UCD too (only ever made the bench, but want to see us mentioned again!)

Anyone have a lit of those playing in Australia? Must be a fair few ex LoI out there.

cornflakes
15/08/2011, 10:56 AM
Shane Robinson at FC Haka in Finland too, found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyS_4F_gPZ4) video of him playing over there

Dodge
15/08/2011, 11:03 AM
Can add Stephen Quinn (Sheffield Utd - ex Pats) to the League 1 list

USA - MLS
Ryan guy - New England Revolution (ex-Pats)
Chris Konopka - New York Red Bulls (ex-waterford/Bohs/Fingal)

Mr Maroon
15/08/2011, 11:26 AM
Seamus Conneely - Sheffield United (ex-Galway United)

Liam McKenna (GUFC), Vinny Faherty (GUFC, Pats) and Phil Reilly (GUFC) are in Australia AFAIK.

Jay O'Shea is at MK Dons in League 1 now. He isn't on loan from Birmingham.

Gary Deegan is ex-Galway United and Longford Town as well as Shels and Bohs.

David Forde is also ex-GUFC.

Magicme
15/08/2011, 11:29 AM
Aaron McCarey at wolves and Mark Connolly at bolton both ex mons

Blue Bear
15/08/2011, 11:35 AM
Neither of them have played first team football yet Magicme so Im not sure if they would count.

A N Mouse
15/08/2011, 11:36 AM
Dunno if this is standard on those latest scores sites.

But on soccerway you can pick a country to gat an overview of any national playing abroad on any given date.

http://www.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/

Hover over little icons for quick view of performance.

Magicme
15/08/2011, 12:00 PM
Neither of them have played first team football yet Magicme so Im not sure if they would count.

True but Mark will probably make the bench a few times this season and just thought they should be added to the list so people could watch their progress.

Blue Bear
15/08/2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah he did very well on the pre-season tour for Bolton and I really hope he can make a breakthrough this season. Funny enough he never actually played for Monaghan United first team so technically he's not a LOI player

Magicme
15/08/2011, 12:16 PM
He did in a friendly though and was about to break into the senior team when he got sold on.

Blue Bear
15/08/2011, 12:21 PM
Well a friendly doesn't make him a LOI player, but I really hope he does well this year.

Hairy Bowsie
15/08/2011, 12:36 PM
I didn't include anyone who didn't play a first team game, but others can if they want. I also only listed the players Ex-teams, they be most known for.

born2bwild
15/08/2011, 12:39 PM
"I also only listed the players Ex-teams, they be most known for."

Why didn't you list Shaun Williams as ex-Drogheda, then?:rolleyes:

Dillonman
15/08/2011, 12:44 PM
Darren Murphy ex Cobh and Cork is with Stevenage. I think they kept him on this season.

Theres a chap thatw as with Cork...Long, think he joiend Burnley, hes out on loan at a league 1 or 2 side.

Hairy Bowsie
15/08/2011, 12:48 PM
Well if i'm honest, i meant to put in Drogheda as well as Dundalk. Easy mistake to make but i promise i'll keep up to your standards when doing a little research, into a personal interest, in the future.

OneForTheFuture
15/08/2011, 12:50 PM
Darren Murphy ex Cobh and Cork is with Stevenage. I think they kept him on this season.

Theres a chap thatw as with Cork...Long, think he joiend Burnley, hes out on loan at a league 1 or 2 side.

Kevin Long - Accrington (Ex-Cork) On loan from Burnley

Hairy Bowsie
15/08/2011, 12:56 PM
Right lads, i think thats it up to date. Think there is still a few more out there, but i'll have to leave the list with you because i don't be on here enough to edit it. Just thought i share the info with you, as i've a keen interest as well. Anyone can feel free to take the list and copy it and edit it as they please but it probably makes sense for one person to do it, with others helping with suggestions, because it might get messy

Dodge
15/08/2011, 12:57 PM
"I also only listed the players Ex-teams, they be most known for."

Why didn't you list Shaun Williams as ex-Drogheda, then?:rolleyes:

Just to feel the wrath of your rolling eyes presumably

born2bwild
15/08/2011, 12:58 PM
Well if i'm honest, i meant to put in Drogheda as well as Dundalk. Easy mistake to make but i promise i'll keep up to your standards when doing a little research, into a personal interest, in the future.

Shaunny played for Finn Harps, too! I think that's it, then - well, Home Farm and maybe his school team in Portmarnock.... Now, I could have sworn there was one other team that he played for??
Ah but you were only putting in the teams he was 'most known for'.

Hairy Bowsie
15/08/2011, 1:02 PM
Exactly, but you're obviously a bit upset i didn't write your defunct franchise on the list. Well i didn't put Dublin City, Kilkenny City, St Francis, Kildare County etc on the list either. For one good reason, you are no longer relevent.

born2bwild
15/08/2011, 1:08 PM
Exactly, but you're obviously a bit upset i didn't write your defunct franchise on the list. Well i didn't put Dublin City, Kilkenny City, St Francis, Kildare County etc on the list either. For one good reason, you are no longer relevent.

Nah, not upset. Why would I be upset? Fingal are barely cold in the grave and I'm spending these days in Tolka park - a man with no soul, eh? A human franchise, if you will. In purely quantitative terms, Sporting F were Williams' main club, for the purposes of the stats it distorts the facts to pretend otherwise.

pineapple stu
15/08/2011, 1:09 PM
Aaaanyways...

nigel-harps1954
15/08/2011, 1:49 PM

Hold on....so Finn Harps are in the same bracket as those?

SkStu
15/08/2011, 3:38 PM
great work Bowsie.

bluemovie
15/08/2011, 3:56 PM
Robbie Blake (Bolton) played two league games for Waterford United.

Pat McCourt featured heavily on Soccer AM's Showboat this week. Dundalk's Daniel Kearns was on it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQZNJPDNu2k

Acornvilla
15/08/2011, 4:31 PM
Deegan and gartland played for longford too

great hob thou :)

bluemovie
15/08/2011, 4:49 PM
McCourt linked with Liverpool.

http://www.u.tv/News/McCourt-attracts-Anfield-interest/26914365-b950-43f6-a5e1-daf47da0912c

Acornvilla
15/08/2011, 4:50 PM
McCourt linked with Liverpool.

http://www.u.tv/News/McCourt-attracts-Anfield-interest/26914365-b950-43f6-a5e1-daf47da0912c

He struggles largely to keep his starting spot in the SPL how in gods name would he get into the Liverpool team

ye cant help but love him as a player but I can't see it happening myself and if he does make it he no doubt has the technical ability for it but if hes good enough for Liverpool why hasn't he been consistently tearing apart the bog standard defences he faces week in week out in Scotland?

Hitman
15/08/2011, 5:34 PM
David Meyler, Sunderland, formerly Cork City.

freewheel30
15/08/2011, 10:01 PM
Liam Kearney's now with this gang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandenong_Thunder_SC); no idea how he's getting on for them.

Padraig Amond . . . a new Portuguese season has kicked off but with Amond having spent a bit of time on trial at Sheffield Wednesday recently it seems he might not be a big part of the club's plan this year.

sligoman
15/08/2011, 11:30 PM
Adam Hughes - Perth Glory (Ex-Rovers & Drogs)
Rommy Boco - Shanghai East Asia (Current King of Benin)

gustavo
16/08/2011, 8:58 AM
Faz Kuduzovic - Eintracht Trier (Rovers, Drogs and Cork)
Jim Lauchlan - Ayr United ( Sligo Rovers )

Martinho II
16/08/2011, 10:39 AM
outspoken danny spiller was with us in the 2001/02 season and played 4 games for us.Also his comrade Richard Rose who was also on loan from Gillingham at the same time is now playing with Dagenham and Redbridge,