PDA

View Full Version : rams 0 galway 0

cobhrambler 16
03/07/2004, 11:33 PM
how we did not win this game i'll never no???

cobhrambler 16
04/07/2004, 1:34 PM
Galway United received a blow to their hopes of stealing into a promotion spot when held to a scoreless draw at St Colman’s Park, although they can be thankful for even managing a point as the home side dominated virtually from first whistle.

The Tribesmen are in fifth place, nine points off the top three, all of whom won this weekend.

Cobh, on the other hand, belied their lowly ninth place position by creating several chances in attack.

Kieran O’Reilly and Robert Brosnan were a constant thorn in the Galway men’s side, but neither could manage the goal that would have seen Ramblers to their first win in five games.

Cobh could have had 5 goals in the last few minutes but failed to hit the net.

As it was, even a scoreless draw is a major improvement for Dave Hill’s side – Cobh had lost their previous four games, conceding 14 goals in the process!

Cobh Ramblers: Cuthbert, Meade, Wolfe, Yelverton, Murphy, Moore (Condon, 64), Cummins, Warren, Tynan (Lougheed, 75), Brosnan, O’Reilly.

Galway United: Gough, Heady, Quirke, R. Frawley, C. Frawley, Harty, Carter, Fortune (Burke, 74), Casey (O’Dowd, 74), Moran (O’Brien, 74), Dupont.

Referee: M. Duff (Dublin).

eddieohalloran
04/07/2004, 7:49 PM
I feel that the team played very well last night and created some great chances, especially in the second half. It was a pity that Kieran O'Reilly did not convert the chances that came his way but that happens some times! He is a real threat up front with the pace he has. Hopefully this will boost the teams confidence for the next few games and we can go on an unbeaten run.

cobhrambler 16
04/07/2004, 9:44 PM
ya i agree with you on your points eddie.

things can only get better really..

Rams-fan
05/07/2004, 2:55 PM
ya i agree with you on your points eddie.

things can only get better really..

We Played well and we should have won. Hill needs to sign a striker and allow Kieran back into the midfield. Or he should start blooding the lad Rashers who I thought looked dangerous when put on against Harps (I think).

Good result all the same.

Queenstown Ram
05/07/2004, 7:22 PM
Hill needs to sign a striker and allow Kieran back into the midfield. .

We may have to start offloading players not signing new ones. No money at the club

cobhrambler 16
05/07/2004, 9:24 PM
but reilly is a striker..

he would be very dangerous if he took more of his chances and if his finishing was better. but still hes a great player!

ramblers
06/07/2004, 8:27 PM
We may have to start offloading players not signing new ones. No money at the club

There is money at the club in fact there is a lot of money at the club it has never been so well off.

There are the funds from the sale of the training pitch I beleive to be over 600,000 and then there is the money from the Roy Keane game which should amount to over 75,000.

On the Roy keane game the commitee probably cost the club in excess of 30,000 due to lack of planning.The day the tickets were sold they lost about 15,000 euros by not selling the tickets inside the ground.

The tickets were as far as I beleive in my own opinion under priced when I went out and told people they were only 10,12 and 15 Euos they though it would have been more.An extra 2 euros a ticket would have brought in another 12-14,000.

Also as far as I am aware there is nothing planned for after the game another.

There is also a lot of unhappy people out there who were shortchanged on tickets.

If you want to know how to ruin a buisness just follow the Cobh Rambers guides on how to make as little money as you can.

From What I hear from the last EGM they want to go back to MSL.

Which is what John O Sullivans agenda has been all along.

cobhrambler 16
06/07/2004, 11:42 PM
out with john o sullivan i say!!! were not an MSL club!!!!

the sooner he's gone the better!!

what a mistake he was! he or anyone else there doesn't have a clue how to run a club!!!! :mad:

LFC in Exile
07/07/2004, 8:41 AM
There is money at the club in fact there is a lot of money at the club it has never been so well off.

There are the funds from the sale of the training pitch I beleive to be over 600,000 and then there is the money from the Roy Keane game which should amount to over 75,000.

On the Roy keane game the commitee probably cost the club in excess of 30,000 due to lack of planning.The day the tickets were sold they lost about 15,000 euros by not selling the tickets inside the ground.

The tickets were as far as I beleive in my own opinion under priced when I went out and told people they were only 10,12 and 15 Euos they though it would have been more.An extra 2 euros a ticket would have brought in another 12-14,000.

Also as far as I am aware there is nothing planned for after the game another.

There is also a lot of unhappy people out there who were shortchanged on tickets.

If you want to know how to ruin a buisness just follow the Cobh Rambers guides on how to make as little money as you can.

Interesting stuff. Particuarly given our state. Not being smart - where is the money going? Is it paying off debts or going into ground for the license? €675,000 is a lot of cash (albeit one-off) for a club the size of Cobh to get. Is it being pi ssed away?

drinkfeckarse
07/07/2004, 10:35 AM

When did they sell the training ground? Do they just use Colmans now? :confused:

A few people I've spoke to back home agree with you on the price of the tickets and in fairness, you've got a point.

A few people would agree with you too about the club wanting to go back to the MSL although that rumour has been floating about for years now.

cobhrambler20
07/07/2004, 3:28 PM
ya they just use st colemans and da astrotuf in col muire if john o sullivan wants us back in the msl the whole club has to vote so id say we should become memberts stop the club macking stupid decisons and find out where the moneyis going

ramblers
08/07/2004, 8:21 PM
The Club does have debts but not that much the last statement of account said the club owes about 50,000.

The club is being mismanaged from what I can see and it needs to be sorted out at the next AGM.

We need people in place that will drive the club forward not keep brining it down.The likes of Limerick would love to have that sort of Cash I was talking to a few of the lads from there at the last match and the are driving the players to matches which is great credit to them but it is no joke when there is no money.

The fact is Cobh have money but they are still a Joke.

cobhrambler20
09/07/2004, 3:02 PM
I HAVE TO AGREE we made a wrong choice last year but guess when the next agm is going to be febuary money will be gone and we wont have any info on the accounts i bet we need some one whos not afraid to make changes and give dave hill the squad he wants if we want promotion.