PDA

View Full Version : We are to blame for hill 16 booing

outspoken
08/08/2011, 1:57 PM
I don't know if any of you happened to be listening to live line today but apparently soccer fans are to blame for the booing on hill 16 , apparently when the premiership is over we have nothing better to do than go onto the hill and roar abuse and boo, good one isn't it.

Fair play to the Athlone man that called up and and stood up for the soccer fans he said I suppose fans running onto the pitch and attacking the referee is our fault too.

Damien then pointed out the gaa's no segregation policy and damien said I didn't see united and city sitting next to each other yesterday the athlone man then said I don't care about united and city I'm talking about Irish football and he said that some of the best ambasadors in Ireland came from soccer just goes to show the ignorance out their from the GAH heads.

Lim till i die
08/08/2011, 2:07 PM
GAA Support in general >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Football Support in general.

Your man on Liveline was of course being a farcical idiot, but then what do you expect?

marinobohs
08/08/2011, 2:35 PM
I don't know if any of you happened to be listening to live line today but apparently soccer fans are to blame for the booing on hill 16 , apparently when the premiership is over we have nothing better to do than go onto the hill and roar abuse and boo, good one isn't it.

Fair play to the Athlone man that called up and and stood up for the soccer fans he said I suppose fans running onto the pitch and attacking the referee is our fault too.

Damien then pointed out the gaa's no segregation policy and damien said I didn't see united and city sitting next to each other yesterday the athlone man then said I don't care about united and city I'm talking about Irish football and he said that some of the best ambasadors in Ireland came from soccer just goes to show the ignorance out their from the GAH heads.

Jesus wept,I just wish we could get the 10,000 or so on Hill 16 to go to soccer matches :rolleyes: Although I do believe LOI fans caused the bad weather this summer.......

cornflakes
08/08/2011, 2:43 PM
Jesus wept,I just wish we could get the 10,000 or so on Hill 16 to go to soccer matches :rolleyes: Although I do believe LOI fans caused the bad weather this summer.......

Don't forget the recession and we made Amy Winehouse take drugs. We should be ashamed but we're basically feral beasts so meh

Spudulika
08/08/2011, 4:00 PM
McCains couldn't do chips as good as those on LOI fans shoulders, christ.

Mr A
08/08/2011, 4:20 PM
I got a load of sharks with laser beams on their heads and used them to wreck an orphanage.

Pretty standard for a football fan I think.

nigel-harps1954
08/08/2011, 4:29 PM
I ate a big red candle.

BonnieShels
08/08/2011, 5:02 PM
I killed a guy with a trident.

John83
08/08/2011, 5:06 PM
I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Find yourself a safe house or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

dfx-
08/08/2011, 5:23 PM

Have you recently been in Tottenha...oh, a trident.

Dunny
08/08/2011, 5:28 PM
They were saying Boo-urns

passerrby
08/08/2011, 5:37 PM
we were only booing because they kept handling the ball and the ref never blew once.

Dodge
08/08/2011, 6:19 PM
Plus we hate these new clubs based on administrative regions; Dublin City, Sporting Fingal, Dublin

Ugh

SwanVsDalton
08/08/2011, 6:49 PM
Bohs and Shams fans burning up London. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/08/london-riots-third-night-live) Real embarrassment for the league this one.

Cuyahoga
08/08/2011, 6:55 PM
Bohs and Shams fans burning up London. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/08/london-riots-third-night-live) Real embarrassment for the league this one.
Dont give up the day job to become a comedian.

eL Bettor
08/08/2011, 6:57 PM

Don't leave home without your happy pills

BonnieShels
08/08/2011, 6:58 PM
Have you recently been in Tottenha...oh, a trident.

Was actually staying in Brixton over the weekend. Mate said the apparent trouble there last night was nothing at all.

Also, the general rule of thumb I have is that if its being discussed on liveline then it doesn't matter.

SwanVsDalton
08/08/2011, 7:00 PM

It's a goddamn popularity contest with you kids!!!

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/5/56/SpringfieldElementary4.jpg

bluemovie
08/08/2011, 7:25 PM
Damien then pointed out the gaa's no segregation policy

The sooner they introduce segregation the better. Don't attack me - I'm a hurling and Gaelic football fan too - and stand on terraces in these famously unsegregated grounds. It's a disaster. There's an increasing amount of rows and fights on them. Of course, the GAA ignore it. Some of the stuff I've seen in recent years would lead to calls to ban 'soccer' if it happened in the League of Ireland. Everyone knows, there's a massive amount of drinking involved at GAA matches. Sure you couldn't travel to Thurles without drinking a skinfull.

An example of the lovely GAA comrades-in-arms togetherness was at the Waterford v Limerick game in Thurles this summer. There were glass bottles thrown from the top of the terrace to the bottom. Totally indiscriminate with any kid likely to get their head smashed. Several fights broke out especially one really nasty one at full time. Scumbags from both counties involved. Gardai did very little. That's just one match. It's become a regular occurrence. Way too much drink involved to have no segregation. It won't make the front of the Herald though. I'd feel a lot more comfortable and safe with all you 'soccer' hooligans!!

TonyD
08/08/2011, 8:22 PM
McCains couldn't do chips as good as those on LOI fans shoulders, christ.

We're only paranoid because they're all out to get us !!

nigel-harps1954
08/08/2011, 8:23 PM
Was actually staying in Brixton over the weekend. Mate said the apparent trouble there last night was nothing at all.

Also, the general rule of thumb I have is that if its being discussed on liveline then it doesn't matter.

Spoke too soon methinks. I hear its fairly hot over there tonight.

Red Star
08/08/2011, 9:54 PM
I got a load of sharks with laser beams on their heads and used them to wreck an orphanage.

Pretty standard for a football fan I think.

I stabbed a bloke in the arse robbed his banner them myself and my mates burned it in our end during the game which sparked a small riot.

BonnieShels
08/08/2011, 10:43 PM
Spoke too soon methinks. I hear its fairly hot over there tonight.

Not in Brixton at the moment.
Nearby in clapham it's kicked off. Mad looking at the pictures of Clapham Junction having been there on Friday afternoon...

Lionel Ritchie
08/08/2011, 11:25 PM
Had just rolled off the ferry from France so decided to forego the undoubted delights of some six-toed fool blaming all of the worlds ills on durty soccor. Listened to newstalk instead. Apparently donkey-kong was based on bluto from the popeye comics.

I think there's an amount football could learn from the Gaa about a number of things -hop balls when the ball strikes a ref for example. I also think there's an amount both football and Gaa could learn from rugby about respecting refs and so on.

But I'll take no lectures from Gaa supporters about behaviour of supporters or players toward the opposition or officials.

born2bwild
09/08/2011, 12:15 AM
You know I went to the All Ireland hurling semi on Sunday between Kilkenny and Waterford. I was bored out of what passes for my mind. 'Soccer' is to blame. I'm damaged goods; I'm a traitorous west Brit.

punkrocket
09/08/2011, 8:52 AM

Pretty poor return for someone with access to an inter continental ballistic missile armed with multiple warheads, i must say. Waste of money.

BonnieShels
09/08/2011, 9:23 AM
I was always one for subtlety.