PDA

View Full Version : Graham Burke

Pages : [1] 2

elroy
07/08/2011, 3:15 PM
This guy was part of the U19 squad in the recent championships, although didnt play much of a part. Appears to be doing very well for Villa in their pre season and hopefully is one that will be worth keeping an eye on over the next couple of years.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2410588,00.html

liamoo11
07/08/2011, 4:23 PM
Missed out on the final squad in the end. He is eligible I tink again this season. Their are 2 under 19 friendlies in serbia I think this week he may be involved. I think villa might have 5 players involved at under 19s with us this season i think.

theworm2345
18/08/2012, 2:01 PM
Makes the bench for Villa today, so he gets a thread. A bit surprised after seeing him a few times for the reserves last year given the options they have, though he is versatile and can play up top or in the midfield.

tetsujin1979
18/08/2012, 2:42 PM
was on the bench a few times last season too, but never made it on to the pitch

liamoo11
18/08/2012, 2:55 PM
A very silky ball player dont think he would be a 15 goal a season man but has the technique to be a top creative player

Manblue
19/08/2012, 1:42 AM
A very silky ball player dont think he would be a 15 goal a season man but has the technique to be a top creative player

Similar to what I said last year, excellent footballer,lovely touches, good vision, doesn't bang goals for fun but the best Irish prospect at villa out of Stevens, Burke, Drennen and curruthers in my opinion, very neat player

liamoo11
19/08/2012, 7:54 AM
Similar to what I said last year, excellent footballer,lovely touches, good vision, doesn't bang goals for fun but the best Irish prospect at villa out of Stevens, Burke, Drennen and curruthers in my opinion, very neat player

Agree. Villa really is doing great for us at moment. Devine is back this year after been out all last season and captained villa 19s in next gen last week.Drennan has started season/preseason real well and is scoring regularly I think he might be a good goalscorer still under 19 for us this year.This time last year dreenan was back in kilkeney and looked like he had packed it in. Grealish is an excellent player been playing in the hole bit this preseason which i think will be his position to get him more involved than on the wing. Think we will see all these this season and also carruthers unless villa have relegation type season.

Manblue
23/08/2012, 8:55 AM
Drennan bagged one and set up one again yesterday for the villa 21s, Stevens with an assist...no Burke in the squad from what I'm seeing, unsure what this will mean for the weekend as i imagine he would of played if he was going to be involved against everton

theworm2345
23/08/2012, 2:35 PM
Agree. Villa really is doing great for us at moment. Devine is back this year after been out all last season and captained villa 19s in next gen last week.Drennan has started season/preseason real well and is scoring regularly I think he might be a good goalscorer still under 19 for us this year.This time last year dreenan was back in kilkeney and looked like he had packed it in. Grealish is an excellent player been playing in the hole bit this preseason which i think will be his position to get him more involved than on the wing. Think we will see all these this season and also carruthers unless villa have relegation type season.
Its interesting that Drennan is performing so well. I saw him play probably 3-4 times last year and was unimpressed each time. From what I recall his main attribute is that he is good in the air.

Charlie Darwin
28/08/2012, 8:36 PM
On for his debut as a second-half substitute with Villa 3-0 up on Tranmere.

Manblue
29/08/2012, 2:41 AM
solid performance by him tonight, good movement,
worked himself into good positions and decent shot...
like this player a lot....needs footballers around him to grow

Irish_Praha
29/08/2012, 6:32 PM
solid performance by him tonight, good movement,
worked himself into good positions and decent shot...
like this player a lot....needs footballers around him to grow

Very true, just like sehx; it's very limited what you can lean if only play with yourself

Irish_Praha
29/08/2012, 9:49 PM
OK, I'll get me coat!

Charlie Darwin
31/08/2012, 10:03 PM
Interesting deadline day for Burke. Villa have brought in a potential headcase called Bertenke from Genk and Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield, while Nathan Delfounso has gone on loan to Blackpool. Could be in line for an appearance tomorrow at least.

Manblue
01/09/2012, 12:17 AM
Interesting deadline day for Burke. Villa have brought in a potential headcase called Bertenke from Genk and Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield, while Nathan Delfounso has gone on loan to Blackpool. Could be in line for an appearance tomorrow at least.

Yeah Bowery is the only one who may possibly be eligible for the weekend and happy to see Burke wasn't farmed out.

Team for the Newcastle game on sunday will be hard to call. Having lost to west ham with a 4231 and hammered by Everton with a 442 hard to know what formation he will go with.

They used diamond midweek with 2 up front when he came on but a number of the players that are probably ahead of him in the pecking order didn't play.

Lambert really has some decisions to make for this one to try and avoid a 3rd loss on the trot which would be a terrible start.

Burke is defo not to far away from some league time thou.

Charlie Darwin
01/09/2012, 12:46 AM
Didn't Delfounso start last week? Or at least he came on before Burke. Hopefully it means he's going up the pecking order. Lambert clearly isn't afraid to throw young players in if he thinks they have the right attributes, so that will count in his favour.

I suspect he will be loaned about before the loan deadline, but I think Lambert is savvy enough to send him to a club that will suit his skill set and develop him the right way.

theworm2345
01/09/2012, 4:53 AM
Yeah Bowery is the only one who may possibly be eligible for the weekend and happy to see Burke wasn't farmed out.

I've been watching Bowery since he first broke through for Chesterfield (I believe it was in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy he scored his first goal)...I don't think he's ready for the Premier League yet.

theworm2345
08/01/2013, 8:28 PM
On for his second senior appearance

AlaskaFox
17/04/2013, 6:27 PM
Piece I did on Burke and the Irish young lads at Villa:
http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2013/04/17/3874684/graham-burke-leading-new-irish-generation-at-aston-villa

Crosby87
18/04/2013, 11:49 PM
Nice article Fox. You could be on that podcast that featured POSH.

paul_oshea
19/04/2013, 7:56 AM
He could be. But he would have a lot to live up to.

Kingdom
19/04/2013, 9:35 AM
Nice article Fox. You could be on that podcast that featured POSH.

Ron Manager?

Crosby87
20/04/2013, 1:07 PM
foot ie should do their own podcast.

Junior
22/04/2013, 10:59 AM
Piece I did on Burke and the Irish young lads at Villa:
http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2013/04/17/3874684/graham-burke-leading-new-irish-generation-at-aston-villa

Nice read. Out of interest you gave Duff & Crowe as examples of the players from Kerrs underage squad that made it to international level but then used Conor Clifford as the example of a player who might not make the grade. You asked the question of what happened to the class of '97? but then never really answered it.

I know thats not necessarily what the article was about but in setting the scene I think an example or 2 of those from '97 that didnt make it would have been good.

Anyway, I know diddly squat about what it makes to write good articles and I found it informative nonetheless!!

Cheers, Jnr

AlaskaFox
26/04/2013, 4:04 PM
Nice read. Out of interest you gave Duff & Crowe as examples of the players from Kerrs underage squad that made it to international level but then used Conor Clifford as the example of a player who might not make the grade. You asked the question of what happened to the class of '97? but then never really answered it.

I know thats not necessarily what the article was about but in setting the scene I think an example or 2 of those from '97 that didnt make it would have been good.

Anyway, I know diddly squat about what it makes to write good articles and I found it informative nonetheless!!

Cheers, Jnr

I was actually trying to see could I get in contact with a couple of the lads who didn't make it at all, but that proved as difficult as you can imagine. So I suppose it's more of a rhetorical question :)

tetsujin1979
03/09/2013, 11:39 PM
first senior goal tonight for Shrewsbury

tetsujin1979
25/01/2015, 1:42 PM
On the bench for villa today, with Grealish, I had wondered if/when he or Drennan would get a chance given villa's ongoing lack of goal threat

liamoo11
25/01/2015, 2:09 PM
On the bench for villa today, with Grealish, I had wondered if/when he or Drennan would get a chance given villa's ongoing lack of goal threat
that is great. tink he has been out injured most of season.

TheOneWhoKnocks
25/01/2015, 3:58 PM
Burke & Drennan were both sent back from loan spells from Shrewsbury & Portsmouth early with no interest on the clubs part in prolonging them.

Grealish on the bench is a bit of a surprise after he was admonished and fined by Lambert for sulking on Twitter.

tetsujin1979
25/01/2015, 4:25 PM
Burke & Drennan were both sent back from loan spells from Shrewsbury & Portsmouth early with no interest on the clubs part in prolonging them.

Grealish on the bench is a bit of a surprise after he was admonished and fined by Lambert for sulking on Twitter.
Burke was sent back from Shewsbury in October 2013. Hardly relevant

Charlie Darwin
03/04/2015, 2:50 PM
First start on loan at Notts County today, away at Walsall.

Stuttgart88
03/04/2015, 5:11 PM
That'll have England interested. There was a lot of media talk of him defecting a while back :)

TheOneWhoKnocks
25/04/2015, 12:59 PM
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Graham-Burke-ready-fear-Notts-County-s-relegation/story-26381471-detail/story.html

Burke impressing at Notts County.

Olé Olé
25/04/2015, 3:07 PM
Burke assisted as Notts County are 1-0 up at half time. Samir Carruthers, a former Villa and Ireland under-21 teammates of Burke's, got MK Dons' first of the afternoon against Rochdale.

liamoo11
29/04/2015, 6:59 AM
Burke assisted as Notts County are 1-0 up at half time. Samir Carruthers, a former Villa and Ireland under-21 teammates of Burke's, got MK Dons' first of the afternoon against Rochdale.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/burke-takes-leaf-out-of-grealish-book-31176618.html

he would be good addition back to here to pats or rovers

tetsujin1979
03/05/2015, 12:44 PM
Scored today against Gillingham

TheOneWhoKnocks
08/06/2015, 1:43 PM
http://www.the42.ie/enda-stevens-aston-villa-2149503-Jun2015/

Graham Burke & Bradley Lewis have failed to earn new deals.

Hopefully Burke's impressive cameo at Notts County will stand him in good stead.

Closed Account
25/08/2015, 8:22 PM
Scores to put Notts County up against his former club

samhaydenjr
25/08/2015, 9:38 PM
Scores to put Notts County up against his former club

That's two goals in two games for him - hopefully he can build on that

tricky_colour
25/08/2015, 11:43 PM
http://footyroom.com/aston-villa-5-3-notts-county-2015-08/

about 1 min in, impressive strike.

Also two assists one for Jack and one for the Beanstalk.

DeLorean
07/06/2018, 8:56 AM
Looks to be heading to Preston for 300k - https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/2676821/shamrock-rovers-graham-burke-move-preston-north-end/

Olé Olé
07/06/2018, 9:27 AM
I love how they call it a "sensational move". I would say it's one of the most easily predicted moves in a while!

I'm assuming Horgan is going to move on from there as he doesn't appear to be in Neil's plans and I'm sure there will be another Championship club delighted to have him.

We also have Robinson and Maguire there so slight over- concentration of Ireland players there which is fine if they're making it into the front line together.

micls
07/06/2018, 9:40 AM
Horgan is a better player than Burke and isn't getting a game there. Burke doesn't play a position that would suit Preston at all. Poor club choice for him I think. He's not replacing Alan Browne or Seani. Not sure where they expect him to fit.

tetsujin1979
07/06/2018, 11:19 AM
bumped

swinfordfc
07/06/2018, 11:41 AM
Burke wont even make the first eleven over there I think ... poor move for him! ... Unless Maguire gets injured!

pineapple stu
07/06/2018, 12:01 PM
Interesting deadline day for Burke. Villa have brought in a potential headcase called Bertenke from Genk.
Gotta enjoy looking over some of these old threads!

DeLorean
13/06/2018, 6:06 PM
Signs for Preston - https://www.pnefc.net/news/2018/june/preston-north-end-complete-signing-of-shamrock-rovers-graham-burke/

liamoo11
13/06/2018, 11:11 PM
Delighted for him. I have never seen such negativity about a lad moving over from loi Brian Kerr was at it again on Monday night on the league of Ireland highlights show. Making it sound like he is dog lucky that he got out in a squad for the friendlies and purely for that reason has got his move. I think a bit of it is his style if play lethargic looking does not fit the all action hard work tough as nails ethos some like to see in Irish players.

Charlie Darwin
13/06/2018, 11:32 PM
I'd worry about Burke for similar reasons to Kerr but in Alex Neil he has a manager who can get the best out of players like him. He's grown up so much since he joined Rovers and I'd expect him to continue that. And if him and Maguire can build a rapport then it will only help them both in their chances to become regular internationals.

irishfan86
14/06/2018, 1:21 AM
He may not be the “conventional” Irish forward in terms of the physical/pressing style but I thought he was quite impressive. Seemed to take up good positions, a good first touch and good movement. I’m hoping he makes the grade with Preston and don’t understand the negativity.