PDA

View Full Version : Gamble Out

thecorner
02/07/2004, 1:19 PM
Cork City have lost the services of Joe Gamble for the Intertoto Cup because of the registration rules that are causing uproar in the Eircom League. City had hoped to include Gamble on the bench for tomorrow's clash with NEC Nijmegen but will not be allowed to do play. UEFA have ruled that Gamble was not registered before the June 10th deadline despite the midfielder comitting himself to City before that date.

read more at corkcityfootie (www.corkcityfootie.com)

one_bounce
02/07/2004, 1:37 PM
annoying but he wouldnt have played anyway.. nwankwo deserves a game if were going to take a midfielder off and sweeney would be next

thecorner
02/07/2004, 1:38 PM
that wasnt the situation last week with woodsie coming in

one_bounce
02/07/2004, 1:46 PM
that wasnt the situation last week with woodsie coming in

oops.. forgot about him! point being that gamble wouldnt/shouldnt have played anyway

DolansWaistcoat
02/07/2004, 3:05 PM
Naw it wouldn't be fair on the midfield players who have been brilliant for us all season.Gamble will get his chance eventually but I hope he doen't think that it's gonna be easy to get a game with Colin and Georgie playing out of their skins in the centre mid.

thecorner
02/07/2004, 3:13 PM
gamble to be a squad player

nobody's gonna move colin o brien

a pure leader..

definitly captain material if dan ever decides to move on

DolansWaistcoat
02/07/2004, 3:20 PM
Without a doubt Corner biy,I would have made him captain years ago he's a legend and is only getting the recognition that his talent and effort deserve now.Who's needs that muppit Ratnelds,he can rot in the second best team in munster.Anyone who says we need someone in the mold of Alan Reynelds to strengthen our midfield can fcuk off i'm sick of hearing that bullsh!t.

O'Brien for Ireland. :D

Getting a bit carried away now but what harm eh.

patsh
02/07/2004, 5:31 PM
According to Billy Barry at about 3.45, he can play if needed after all.
Nijmegen signed a striker only yesterday, and he is eligible to play for them.

Druss
02/07/2004, 6:21 PM
Much confusion yet again.....I suppose we won't really know until tomorrow at some stage.

Worst case scenario..we win..he plays..hes not eligible. :eek:

I thought this kind of uncertainty was copywrited by the FAI. :)
He surely can't be right even for the bench for this one. Bit of u-21 football to warm up i'd say.

thecorner
03/07/2004, 11:01 AM
its all good

gamble now able to play, no that i actually think we need him but then again who knows

Counting Crow
03/07/2004, 12:01 PM
Definately able to play now.
But here's a strange scenario.....

....Our next two games ( vs. Longford and Rovers ) have been postponed in addition to Drogs and Dublin City, and will not be rescheduled until August at the earliest now. We do have the Cup weekend ( unless we qualify to play Nantes ) which means our next League game will be July 30th vs Waaaaaaterford.

The problem is C/Rebel and George and now Captain Dan are due to miss the next L/Game which will be a big problem now .... even against teh Blues ( who are playing like crap now ).

How about -
Woods @ L/Back
Gamble in M/Field
... this the tricky one though - Byrne @ C/Half .. oooh me nerves.
Kinda light in this position!

So Gamble will get his game pretty soon after all.

thecorner
03/07/2004, 12:18 PM
how bout nwanko in midfield when goergie is out

DolansWaistcoat
03/07/2004, 4:11 PM
I'd play Nwanko in the centre mid,he has really impressed me this season whenever he's played for us and with Colin playing out of his skin,then our midfield would be grand if dododo dido stepped in.

SSS
03/07/2004, 7:30 PM
Looks like we're testing the eligibility thing - Gamble has played a part....

DolansWaistcoat
04/07/2004, 1:17 PM
It's done now so we'll see what happens. :confused: