PDA

View Full Version : Just to contradict myself!

Éanna
17/11/2001, 5:40 PM
Now I know I wrote a big long speel telling people to get off hartigans back recently, but truly, I have never seen a worse performance in a city jersey. He was lazy, pathetic and totally non-committed. I lost count of the no. of times he was strolling back from offside positions at pace that Fr Ted wouldn't have tolerated in his over-75's team! PATHETIC! :mad:

On a brighter note, it was nice to see hilly at the match (sitting with noelle and 1or2 other club people). BRING HIM BACK!

Peadar
18/11/2001, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
On a brighter note, it was nice to see hilly at the match (sitting with noelle and 1or2 other club people). BRING HIM BACK!

Eanna I'll kick your ass if you start a "Bring Back Dave Hill" campaign! He's the last thing we need right now. I've seen so many bad performances from him with Bohs that I think City could do with a sack of Hillys to sell to Rovers, Derry, Shels and Pats.
A struggling club would suit Hill where he'd be useful in a relegation battle.

Éanna
18/11/2001, 11:41 AM
ok ok! I was only messin! He's still a legend though. I'd love to see him back in a coaching/management position rather than as a player.

Neil
18/11/2001, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
He was lazy, pathetic and totally non-committed.
He's a disgrace. And when you consider the two quality strikers we had sitting on the bench, I don't not know what goes thru Gunthers mind sometimes.

As regards Dave Hill as manager: Very dangerous move I'd say! Hill is worse than Murphy or Dave Barry when it comes to having buddies in the camp.

Peadar
18/11/2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Hill is worse than Murphy or Dave Barry when it comes to having buddies in the camp.

That's some Joke Neil.
I doubt he has a friend at City.
Doesn't seem to have to many friends at Bohs either.
There was talks of him wanting to return to the Cross at the start of the season. To be a good coach your players have to respect you. Hard to see anyone who knows him actually respecting him.

Neil
18/11/2001, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Barry's Tea
I doubt he has a friend at City.

To be a good coach your players have to respect you. Hard to see anyone who knows him actually respecting him.
You are making my point again Baracas.
When he was here he had his couple of mates (Kabia and Dobbs and a couple others) and that was it. What I was saying was that he's the type who wouldn't be man enough to see past them for the good of the team. I wasn't saying that he was Mr. Popular in the camp (neither was Liam Murphy I'd say!)

Gary
18/11/2001, 6:12 PM
Funny how athread which started about how unbelievably, ans Shockingly inept Hartigan turns into a Dave Hill debate.

Would I be wrong in saying that he must have some dirt on Gunther and he is using that as blackmail against him to get his game. Because there can be no other explanation to how the fool gets his game.

Troy.McClure
19/11/2001, 2:37 PM
Just to get in on this... :D

I agree with who ever said that they have seen enough bad performances from Hilly at Bohs not to bring him back, even though he is often played at left back where he looks slightly clueless. And anyway if he was brought back, the notice boards here would be full of "Murphy brings back old pal", "Why is Napier being put behind Hill in the order?" & "Gunther should give young O'Rourke a chance instead of 'Over the' Hill"

City fans are so fickle ;)

pete
21/11/2001, 10:48 AM
Gunther plays Hartigan because he clearly believes in a defensive type game. He trys to use Hartigan to hold the ball up for the counter attcking players from deep.

You only have to see the number of times city conceed a goal before attacking to prove my point.

niamh
21/11/2001, 5:29 PM
Hartigan had his spell it seems. Every player has at least one of them a career. He's not good enough for City and never has been.

mouldymurphy
22/11/2001, 1:35 PM
i like the thinking here . he was crap, scored a few goals and became good ,had one bad game and deserves to be shot. this is a good way to be getting behind a team!!! :confused: :mad:

Neil
22/11/2001, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
scored a few goals and became good
I don't think anyone ever said "he became good". IMO He needs to do a lot more than score a goal or two once a year to warrant a place in the team (and ahead of Morley and O'Brien and O'Flynn at that)

Gary
22/11/2001, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
i like the thinking here . he was crap, scored a few goals and became good ,had one bad game and deserves to be shot. this is a good way to be getting behind a team!!! :confused: :mad:

He didn't come good, and he hasn't had one bad game either. He has had many bad games.