PDA

View Full Version : shels match

ccfcman
17/11/2001, 3:53 PM
first loss in a while... first i think since the derry match.lets reverse that against galway and rub it in herricks face :D

Éanna
17/11/2001, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
rub it in herricks face :D

Herrick was forced out by that idiot we call our manager. He's very welcome at the cross any time as far as I'm concerned..

ccfcman
17/11/2001, 8:01 PM
THAT IDIOT WE CALL OUR MANAGER COULD VERY WELL GUIDE US TO THE LEAGUE TITLE COME MAY 5TH

James
18/11/2001, 7:54 AM
if CCFC do win the league..i still hope gunther gets sacked..

GUNTHER OUT

Neil
18/11/2001, 8:50 AM
Herrick does not need any idiots like you giving him the 'judas' treatment. He was forced out by that freak Liam Murphy.

I agree with the other responses - Even if we win the league - GUNTHER OUT.

Éanna
18/11/2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Herrick does not need any idiots like you giving him the 'judas' treatment. He was forced out by that freak Liam Murphy.

I agree with the other responses - Even if we win the league - GUNTHER OUT.
Agree 100% Herrick, Tynan, Colin 1, Greg, Napier......... how many more names is gunthers inability to deal with people going to add to this list?! Murphy out

Gary
18/11/2001, 6:16 PM

Rub what exactly, in his face?

We wont win the league this season. Rest assured of that. But i do agree. GUNTHER out. Oh and that Asst Manager can follow him. Feck off to Ramblers again.

SÓC
18/11/2001, 9:01 PM
What do people have against Gunther?
Usual things people throw up are that
1)Tatically clueless? 4-5-1 was stupid yes but his record speaks for it's self. I think it's 5 games in about 35 lost in the league, thats bloody good form.
and
2 Mountfield, dear old Derek, I'm sorry but if Derek was a good manager in the 1st place he would never have allowed what some people say happened to happen.

I'm no fool, I dont think he's is without fault but I'm encouraged by the Start he's made to the job. He's brought through the young lads, and he does get the best out of certain limited players.

Give the man a chance.

Sid
19/11/2001, 7:58 AM
Just a question for the "We want Gunther out campaign", who would you replace him with? Dead right with the millions he has squandered, it is not exceptable to lose 2 - 1 away to Shels.

Neil
19/11/2001, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by Sid
Just a question for the "We want Gunther out campaign", who would you replace him with?
Anybody who doesn't have a history in the club, someone who is passionate and has an ambition to take the club forward to a more professional level. I'd suggest the likes of Pat Dolan, Don O'Riordan, Liam Buckley...

Mountfield was doing brilliant in the way he was trying to drag the club off it's arse, getting the players training more, going to Supporters Club Meetings, getting involved in everything in the club.

Liam Murphy and Patsy Freyne have no interest in bringing the club forward, they don't want to have to train more than twice a week, they haveno interest in the Supporters views, no interest in going to fund-raising events, they don't even applaud travelling supporters at away games. I can't wait to see the two of them OUT.

A face
19/11/2001, 11:44 AM
I think i will go softly softly on this one, .... the devil you know kinda thing. i mean Murphy was great .... for about five minutes and then the club looked like folding at some stages. There seems to be a fine line there somewhere, i dont know what side we are on, but we are not far from the line. I do think that the youth policy/system seems to be improving and that is definitely a bonus.

Snatch
19/11/2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Sid
Just a question for the "We want Gunther out campaign", who would you replace him with?

Ginky Gerry McCabe of course ;)

Troy.McClure
19/11/2001, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Mountfield was doing brilliant

Did you actually say Mountfield was doing brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thats the biggest load of cr@p I have ever heard!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

We were on coures for religation and he was doing brilliant! Oh come on :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
19/11/2001, 2:28 PM
By the way Neil, do you actually think that :

a) City fans would actually want/like Pat Dolan as Cork City's manager?

b) The board would sack our manager who has us on course for Europe to bring in a manager who's team is below ours

and

c)Pat Dolan would leave his belovid St. Pats (that he part owns) and go to manage Cork City F.C., where he always makes a point of how much abuse he gets from the fans there?

I see the point you are making about having no ties with the club and all, but think before you say something!

Neil
19/11/2001, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
By the way Neil, do you actually think that :

a) City fans would actually want/like Pat Dolan as Cork City's manager?
b) The board would sack our manager who has us on course for Europe to bring in a manager who's team is below ours
c)Pat Dolan would leave his belovid St. Pats (that he part owns) and go to manage Cork City F.C., where he always makes a point of how much abuse he gets from the fans there?

I see the point you are making about having no ties with the club and all, but think before you say something!
a) Yes I would. I think most intelligent City supporters would like someone as passionate as Pat Dolan as manager. You might not grasp that though...
b)I believe Pats would be ahead of us (if you don't count the 9 points)
c)Of course he wouldn't. He'd be mad to come to a club like ours, with idiots running it and people like you supporting it.

Think before you speak ya twit.

Neil
19/11/2001, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

Did you actually say Mountfield was doing brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thats the biggest load of cr@p I have ever heard!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

We were on coures for religation and he was doing brilliant! Oh come on :rolleyes:
Intelligent response!

We were on course for relegation because of Ollie Cahill and John Caulfield and the likes... How many times does it need to be explained to you Citynet kids?

SÓC
19/11/2001, 10:43 PM
What did the man do to deserve it all?

What ever complaints people have against him RESULTS SPEAK and Murphy has gotten the results. I know the man has limitations but the way he's brought the young players through and the signings he's made look good to me(Carey+O'Grady, Colin P to name but a few).

Give the man a chance. This are improving at the club.

Mountfield is gone people have different views on him but why not leave it in the past and row in behind Murphy and the team????

Éanna
20/11/2001, 9:57 AM
I don't like murphy, i never wanted him to get the job, and i'll never want him to keep it. But if he's getting the results it's hard to argue. That said, we will never be in a position to really challenge the professional dublin clubs with the current mangement. we need someone who has a background in professionalism- mountfield was the right idea, but it didn't work out.

Mountfield was doing brilliant in the way he was trying to drag the club off it's arse, getting the players training more, going to Supporters Club Meetings, getting involved in everything in the club.
spot on. that's the kind of thing i'm talking about.

no point in re-discussing derek's departure, whatever your stance on it, it's not going to get us anywhere.

pete
21/11/2001, 11:06 AM
.......and who said Cork fans are fickle...? :eek:

niamh
21/11/2001, 5:26 PM
Being fickle is one of our most prominant traits it seems...

Troy.McClure
21/11/2001, 6:59 PM
Look, I agree with ye on what Mountfield was doing for the club, in getting them to be more professional, lisen to the fans, train more etc - but thats the directors job. His brief was to keep us in Europe and try to win the league. He didnt do it and, I think, would never have done it. With Murphy we now expect 3 points every time City play. Honestly, how often did you expect that when DM was there? For all of Murphy's lack of (entertaining) tactics, DM was even worse. Almost all of our few goals were from a big hoof from Devine, knocked on by Morley & finished by Mulligan. Even though not a lot has changed from that, at least we are getting a little bit more of the midfield involved.

James
21/11/2001, 7:27 PM
yea but alot of the non performance was down to the so called gang of 5 inc Ollie Cahill who clearly didnt like Montfield so decided pretty much not to play anything near his best when dereck was there, under gunther this obsticle isnt there , cause gunther doesnt want city to go into a full time professional systems regarding training and chit, so ollie is quite happy to get his money every week for less work..

James
21/11/2001, 7:33 PM
and how in all fairness can you in one sentence say mountfiled was anyway at fault for the euro loss in lausanne. he was in the job a matter of weeks, gunther probably picked the team...and they were within minutes out there of getting a draw which they would have rightly deserved for the performance on the park...whereas gunther when he got his shot this year against a much weaker latvian side fcuked up both legs with his stupid formations and tactics....4-5-1 at home when your looking for goals against a poor latvian side!!!

even over there some of his decisions or lack of them when we needed subs on were amazing to say the least

Troy think b4 u speak please

GUNTHER OUT

Sid
22/11/2001, 7:44 AM
The Swizz were down to ten men for along time in the away leg and Mountfield still kept it at 4-5-1. The problem with Mountfield was that he underestimated the League, yer man Guaghan couldn't get on to the Halifax bench when they were bottom of division 3 and still he thought he was good enough for Eircom League. Methinks similar to John Barnes at Celtic signing a geriatric Ian Wright.

Gerry Desmond
22/11/2001, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by Sid
The Swizz were down to ten men for along time in the away leg and Mountfield still kept it at 4-5-1. The problem with Mountfield was that he underestimated the League, yer man Guaghan couldn't get on to the Halifax bench when they were bottom of division 3 and still he thought he was good enough for Eircom League. Methinks similar to John Barnes at Celtic signing a geriatric Ian Wright.

Gaughan and Ian Wright: yeah, I can see the parrallel you're drawing there.... :D

BTW, Mountie may have made mistakes - who doesn't - but as regards Lausanne away, it was his first competitive game in charge and only for a last minute goal he would have come away with a creditable 0:0 draw. Did you expect him to go for the jugular when he didn't even know what his own team was capable of?

Gerry

Éanna
23/11/2001, 7:44 PM
I seem to remember dm bringin on a 2nd striker away to lausanne near the end of the game, to go for it. i might be wrong- anyone remember?

James
23/11/2001, 8:00 PM
yea remember he brought on johnny ccc wasnt it
at lest mountfield went for it over there

unlike gunther against those leipeiya boyous

didnt they teach you those tactics in Shoot gunther. when you;re a goal down u bring on an attacker ya spanner

GUNTHER OUT